Sign in to follow this  
ProudSista

Any somali sista's in the Army??

kisha   

What's the big deal here, the sister asked for Information if you can't fill her in then don't bother!

Gosh I wonder why you guys have to bite her head of like that.

She's on a battle field defending herself from you guys, so cut her a slice.

She didn't ask for your opinions, I presume she already made the decision & she's going this summer no matter what!!!

I know proudsista & i love her dearly now leave her alone, for you guys are no help to her & I know if she makes up her mind she won't change it!

Simple Woman, i don't think people here understand you or proud but i believe i owe her this much!

mac mac proud, my god be with ya, all the way & back!

:D:D:D:D

Here is my 2cents. I haven't read everyone's replies, so if i end up saying what someone else already said-hala ogaado.

Women have limited role in the military, they are mostly limited in providing nursery, cooking or some less demanding jobs. I think thats also true for every country in the world, women mostly work behind the scene and are not sent into combat. But that doesnt' mean you wont get into any trouble, if anything your job might involve getting food to the men fighting in combat at the front. Like that women from the US army's 125th re-supply group.

If you gonna join the military in hopes of having your college paid - than you'd have to realize one thing - they wouuld get that money out of your in anyway they can. In other words, they want something back or worth for their investment. Prepare for very harsh period ahead.

Thanks Angel!

You're welcome, ProudSista. And what I said still stands...

Nomadz, reading through the replies here, there is one thing that baffled me. As someone rightly said, most people are acting as if ProudSista is about to be send to participate in a massacre. All she wants to do is experience life to its fullest. Anything wrong with that? I dont think so.

The negativity in most replies is rather appalling, I thought we'd grown out of that silliness? I'm sure most of us are intelligent enough to portray the pros and cons of joining the army in a civilised way, rather than biting the poor sister's head off. All she asked for was some inputs, I'm sure she didn't expect most of ya'll to act as disgruntled parents. On top of that, there are many different sides to being in the army, I dont remember ProudSister stating what aspect (or post) of the army she will apply to...can you?

So please, lets wish the sisters Good Luck and pray she never ends up in a bad situation.

Good Luck, ProudSister and Simple Woman...be cool, proud and may Allah go with you two all the way... Aaaaamiiiin!

~harmonyangel~

-KIWI   

Proudsister:

My dear sister our religion prohibits for any man or woman to fight for a kufaar country.Besides there is so much careers to choose from that are neverending, i dont see why joining the army should be on the top of your list.

Buubto quotes:

"According to our religion women r not allowed to participate in jihad physically. If we not allowed to participate"

We do all respect sister but our religion does allow women to participate in jihaad physically.

As a matter of fact women were so courageous in battlefields for example when the disbelievers attacked the Muslims during the battle of Uhud,only a few devoted followers were left to fight with the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him),it was Umm Ammarah who shielded him with her body and fought off the enemy with her sword as well as her bow and arrows.

In the battle of Ahazad( the battle of Trench)it was sahabiyat Safiyyah who showed a marvelous military strategy in handling Jewish attack,she even slaughter one of the Jews.

The sahabiyat took part in battles both on land and at sea.Other services they performed included giving medical aid to the wounded,nursing and so on.

Xafsa   

Bisinka!!

Everyone has their own preferenes on what the want to do with their lives. We are all grown people here...we know right from wrong so I don't see why proud sistah and simple women have to defend themselves to anybody on this forum. IF you do something Haram its between you and Allah and they same goes for your good deeds.

All we need to do is express our opionions with out getting hostile...so people relax. The thing is you need to understand that everyone has their own reality adn understanding of things in this life.

Peace and luv

TechBoy   

I think join the army isn't a good idea Because ur fighting for a kafri country

what a joke ? ...Now it became a kafir country !!? where was your thinking when you applied for the citizenship or it,s ok to become a citizen but when it comes to army.oh thats another topic !!.havnt u heard of Rights and Duties....what a hypocrite ?

Originally posted by opinionated:

Niin yabaan,

Waa ka yabey! what century are you living in ?

Oppinanted, do you really think you can take up arms, and fight alongside men? Considering that you dont first get assaulted by your own men.

Oh My Good God~

The Reason Why Most Mali's Are Healthy and Educated is because of this so called "kafri Country"

Remember when you got your Citizenship and you were jumbin' up and down and you were saying "God bless America" Well now when you're full of eatin' their Bariis you called them "kafri" Well I dont know~ Some People Confuse me Sometimes...

AnywayZz...

I was even thinkin' of Joining the WEST POINT in New York...But I found out it would've been hard being an Athlete and being in the WEST POINT...

My Teamate goes there now and she called me the other day and told me she was havin' a BLAST!

So For the two Sisters that wanna join the ARMY...

~GOOD LUCK 'n Dont forget to have FUN~

A-10

Originally posted by Aaliyah#10:

Oh My Good God~

AnywayZz...

I was even thinkin' of Joining the WEST POINT in New York...But I found out it would've been hard being an Athlete and being in the WEST POINT...

Not everyone can join the WESTPOINT military acad, its a very competitive. And they only recently started accepting women into the academy. Like in 2001