Sign in to follow this  
ProudSista

Any somali sista's in the Army??

I Don't think you guys were much help to me, but thanks for the reply's!

& please people stop using kafir country as an excuse, I lived in a kafir-country all my life but then again this is gods universal Right???

CLOWN: Why Answer the question for me ? :confused:

HoTsTePPeR thanks for your Advice!

Thanks Angel!

OVER & OUT!

Originally posted by Jamilah:

Why would any self respecting women degrade her self in such manner to the point she wants to join the army when its against our religion for any man or woman to fight for a kufaar country.

Salaam :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong sister, but don't muslim people live in New Zealand? So why can't u fight for the muslim people in NZ?

salaam..

well,,, it isn't haraam for a women to fight in war.

in one of the Holy wars, a sahaba women fought alongside the male sahabas(if u want the proof i can get it InshaAllah)

but, the Question,as many have told u sister, is

who r u fighting , and what r u fighting for.

if your are fighting on behalf of a kufaar country, fighting for their believes and principles,,,,,it cant be right!

but if you was to fight for a muslim country, to protect a muslim, and to defend your religion,,then i cant disagree!

there was a hidth that said....

if you see something wrong,

change it with your hands

if you cant change,

change it with your tongue,

if you still cant change,

change it with your heart.

( dont quote the hadith because im just paraphrasing from memory and i aint a sheikh!)

help me out ppl!

underdog   

Originally posted by ProudSista:

I lived in a kafir-country all my life but then again this is gods universal Right???

It's your country and you can fight for it. Think about it, it's the easiest decision to make. Join the most powerful army in the world.

Why should you care if they drop bombs on innocent civilians to "liberate" them? You're representing yours...right?

Fight for your country standing side by side with your "brothers" & "sisters".....trying wearing a hijab with your uniform and see how welcome you are.

Or throw away the hijab and do the cool thing and BE ALL YOU CAN BE.

When you're spilling innocent blood in lands you have no business being in... remember it's not your fault you're just doing what you have to do to get a paycheck and college tuition.

Someone once said " If you're not smart enough to think for yourself, Join the military."

good luck...and be different, try to smile for the P.O.W. camera.

Ariadne   

Originally posted by ProudSista:

I hope some of youz sister's can fill me in,

I'm about to join the army this summer InshAllah!

Holla!!

This is what proudsista first said. She said fill me in. She did not ask for your countless opinions on the army or how horrible it is. Usaully, when people ask questions like these; they have already made their decision and just want to know what it's like from someone who's had the experience of what the experience actaully is. I still can't understand how some of you deduced she was in the U.S when her location says New Zealand and from what I heard New Zealand is a pretty peaceful country.

What I'm trying to say is relax you aren't joining the horrible army with her, its her choice after all so let her be.

I leave you with an age old slogan:

Live and Let Live

Pro! u can say that again!> well, i dont understand why s'malis, come to usa and talk shit about it! why dont u folks see if the so called muslim freaks will give u a loaf of bread when you own kind is cutting your throats! hah!

yo--be happy that u r the lucky one and this here kafir country gave another chance to live while all your so called muslim brothers call u cabiid!

plz wake up! and join the world!!!!!!!!!

rudy....Yaa Allah...that was harsh!

no matter how bad a brother/sister in Islam acts 2wards u, u should love them for the sake of Allah.

not help some Kuffar drop bombs on them.

lol   

I met a sister in the army actually she was in Fateville NC base... she was in pretty good shape...and actually liked it... so I don't know about you... its a choice.. if u like it join it if not.. let it be.. Its as simple as that!

A7LA-SHU   

girl i only have one q for ya. are u out of ur mind?? honey listen i know u lived there for long or all ur live sure i don't mind dat. but what is the reason u really wanna be in the army for?? i'll be honest i was thinkin joinin the Navy right after my high school years. and i did my research and since my ex was in the navy i asked him few things, plus my dad was in the navy and believe it or not all i heared from them was all negative.. so thanks to allah im here today. and not in middle of war or anything..

but if u really feel u really wanna do this. go for it.. and good luck...

do ur thing sis...

hye sista,

follow you heart. do it and be the best. i salute u all the way! remember powell was like u an immigrant but he did nt use his religion as a excuse but rather used it as a stepping stone! i cant believe our ppl using religion as excuse when

they dont live to their potential. allah gave brain/health so u can use it & no tto limit yourself..

just respect the main man upstair and the rest should be all up to us.

who said anything about going to war? There are some units in the army where one goes for training several weekends for a couple months. They train you, and pay for your school. You don't automatically get drafted into war, and you leave whenever you please, provided you complete the training if you want your school to be paid for. You also get to chose if you want to stay and get promoted to another position. So ppl stop assuming! I'm still thinking about joining the army reserves this summer, i don't know whether its HARAM or not... And inshallah i hope to find out soon.

Mujahida   

Proud

Learn how to deal with the truth Hon. No need to get all upset. Fist of all Your a loser if your willing to strive for something that isn't Islamicly RIGHT. So think on the long run, When u look back, will you be happy knowing that u didn't listen to ur religion? Do you think that the army will offer u a thing that the Judgementday won't? My advice to you is. Live like you should or else you'll see and feel what you wouldn't. ;)

Buubto   

Asalaamu Aleikum Wr Wb

Proud

I understand u don’t want to face the reality but let me ask u 2 questions. According to our religion women r not allowed to participate in jihad physically. If we not allowed to participate in jihad how on earth do u think u can join in the army? & how is that permissible? Let’s say u not going to participate in war, isn't that still haram being there & train with men, wearing pants, take ur hijaab off (if u wear one) Isn’t that haram doing all the forbidden things? if u want to get education work hard for it, or take halal loan to pay it off later.

I want ask u what is ur reasons or excuses- if u have one- that makes u want to join the army?

I don't know about the other sister but MY reason, not EXCUSE is simply because i want to. Its something i've been thinking about for a while, a couple of my friends have done it before and i'm looking forward to it. Its much easier to have your education paid for then taking a loan. Taking off your hijab and training with men is the same sin as going out without your hijab in public and assosiating with men. And you don't even have to remove your hijab

so u will acheave some thing men couldn't in that Field ,

:confused: What do you mean will you achieve something men couldn't find in that field. What do men achieve or find it that field???? :confused:

To other brothers and sisters... don't talk about Haram and halal to some one doesn't know differences between 2 words just try to make her think and ask her questions.

What makes you so sure the sister doesn't know the difference between haram and halal... she just asked a simple question. And just because you live in a muslim country doesn't make you anymore educated (religion wise). Don't be so quick to judge!