Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Temptations

Nur   

As humans from time to time we get tempted to cross the line, it happens very often but few have tackled this phenomena in a constructive way, please enjoy this old write up of mine if you hadn't before, it can be an eye and heart opener, get ready for the ride.

Temptations

In today's world you can't help but be tempted when all your senses are continuously being bombarded with temptations of sight, sound and scent, you can't go shopping without a fight with Satan. Because Satan hangs around shopping malls and trade expos, if you lower your guard and forget making your dhiker, chances are that you will not walk away without compromising your faith up to a degree, which will make you a weaker Muslim(a) without even realizing that your iiman took a serious blow by Satan.

So, before you obey Satan by taking a step toward haraam, think about the consequences of your actions. For example, if you are an impulsive shoplifter and see a pair of shoes that you like, and see a camera on the roof, I bet you are not going to look at the camera with a big smile and say, " Hi mom, this is me , I am stealing a pair of shoes for you, love ya hooyo" . Likewise, if pair of good looking ladies walk right toward your booth in a trade exposition and suddenly they show more interest in you than the products you are showcasing, and you feel like a wild beast in the Serengeti Park being cornered by two vicious wild dogs, what do you do? specially when one of them insists to leave her phone number on your table against your wish, and asks you to call her? Now, without Dhiker protective gear against Satan, you are an easy prey for these high heeled executive predators roaming the trade show floor.

Now, think about the hidden camera, invisible angels who tirelessly and meticulously record every iota of evil you commit. If humans can monitor your actions with a camera to send you to jail, then the idea of an angel recording your actions to send you to hell is imaginable, but if you still do not buy this argument, you can always try to prove it wrong by not dying, or in case you die, avoiding to be reassembled, judged and sent to punishment. It is like a poor minority kid who found himself in a developed nation like the Republic of Watts, South Central Los Angeles, who has no clue that he is being monitored when he breaks in a store to steal a TV set. . Allah SWT says:

" He ( Mankind) never utters a word, (that is not recorded) in the presence of Raqiib and Atid ( Angels)."

Next, think about the fact that no matter how long you live, one day, you will die , Allah SWT says:

" And the drowsiness of death approached, its what you have avoided all along"

now you can not run anymore, your legs give up, and your soul departs your body.

Next, think about the punishment of the grave, no one with you, your very loved ones placed you in an unlit hole and left you all alone with your past deeds file as your company,... and you thought that there is nothing wrong with fooling around to have some fun, go try fooling around an airport with a prank that you have a weapon and see if authorities fall for your joke?

Next, welcome to the day of resurrection, the real homecoming day, not in your local college football season opener, a home coming of a different kind, no cheerleaders, as matter of fact, no cheers at all, you are humbled, naked, thirsty and hungry, just like when you were born. Imagine a mammoth gathering of the estranged human family. This is not a Central Park Concert, nor Woodstock, it is a gathering of all humans who've ever lived throughout the ages summoned on a single ground by their maker, Never mind taking pictures, you wouldn't need your favorite tyrant's autography, Those who've claimed Sovereignty of old ( Sovereignty means No one to answer to) from Pharaoh of Egypt and the Roman Kings all the way to our present day tyrants will be brought to be judged by the real Sovereign who will say : " Limanil mulkul yawm" Who is The Sovereign today? an answer echoes back: " Lillaahil waaxidil Qahaar" Sovereignty belongs to Allah the One and the Conqueror .

Can you imagine the discomfort in that day, no Ice cream trucks going by for those who have a yearning for Swenson's, nor nearby kiosks selling memorabilia of good old days on earth, No one cares about your nationality, or Qabiil. Subdued Uncle Sam can not rescue his own subjects who've blindly followed his every whim and whish, uncle Sam himself needs help that day, because he will be bold headed without his trademark hat , he is not pointing his fingers at you saying " I want You" . Uncle Sam himself is wanted that day to explain why he dropped a bomb in Hiroshima and Nagasaki killing seventy thousand civilians, why he carpet bombed millions in Vietnam and why he starved millions of children world wide due to his greedy policies, why he destroyed the environment, and why he committed so many injustices in the name of Justice. Uncle Sam, is humbled, he is no longer the super power, he is more like Mickey mouse.

Next, enter the Transcript Pavilion, in this hall, you come face to face with all of your past actions you thought nobody will find out about, you can see it live in stereo and color, like a movie being played back ( without Popcorn), and the more you see, the more worried you get about how to dispose of it, but, unlike traffic tickets or Corporate fraud, it won't just go away, you can not fix it with a phone call to a congressman, your real friend that day is your past deeds, and your friend is no Mr. Universe, he is ugly, bad and he is coming after you with vengeance. The Real Sovereign's prosecution presents the case against you, evidence from the video footage of your actions in the most detailed presentation, guess who the prosecution calls to testify against you that day? your own organs which you've used to commit crimes swept under the carpet, your vision, hearing and skin, will be called to testify, you can't believe it, you ask your body parts, " why do this to me ? ", and they respond, " we were called on to speak by Allah, who taught everything a unique way to communicate, (Allah) the one who created you in the first place and whom you are summoned back ".

You will not walk out of the Transcript Pavilion before receiving your final transcript, a record that will follow you everywhere that day as angels administer the judgment process and prepare your arraignment before an impartial judge who knows you better than anyone else, because he created you in the first place. This is not a court in a third world banana republic where people can hear you yelling " I am an American, I need to talk to my ambassador", the American ambassador is also helpless that day, he has to answer for all the policies he has executed on behalf of his country, for which he received a good salary and lots of martini lunches, and whose impact affected many men, women and children. He will plead in vain:

" O Allah, we followed (the directives) of our Masters and leaders who led us astray"

An Impartial judgment by the Sovereign is passed, A judgment that can not be pardoned by any out going president, nor by a law passed by a parliament, and the Sovereign is just, angels hurry up to lead evil doers to their final home of pain and misery, they will be asked : Is this real, or you have vision problem? this is hell which you have disbelieved so often and joked a lot about it.

Next, the Horror show begins, this is no Hollywood production, it is no fantasyland, this is as real as it can get, you rub your eyes repeatedly, but the same horrible image is right in front of you each time, no one can rescue you, you wouldn't recognize any friendly faces in the crowd, can you imagine the inconvenience? and you thought losing your American Express card in Kurtunwaarrey was bad enough, because in Kurtunwaarrey you found yourself surrounded by a dozen unemployed smiling teenagers who want to steal your camera and peanut butter sandwich, but in the day of judgment, you will be surrounded by angels who will make the marines in Camp X-Ray look like harmless cuddly koala bears.

Now, be smart, what you can not see, can see you, if you do not believe me, ask Saddam Huseein's army, and that was a mere human rendition, can you imagine what Allah can do?

2003 Nurtel Communications

PPSC Paradise is Possible Sumer Campaign

Originally posted by Nur:

suddenly they show more interest in you than the products you are showcasing, and you feel like a wild beast in the Serengeti Park being cornered by two vicious wild dogs, what do you do?

Felt the adrenaline raising -FIGHT or FLIGHT. Flight for me cant stand such a situation.Lucky im a she. True though temptation needs to be under control

PPSC Paradise is Possible Sumer Campaign - :cool:

lol   

Soooooooooooooooooo trueeeeeeeeee....

I get tempted all the time, but all I do is " Think of my mom" that works fine.

without Dhiker protective gear against Satan, you are an easy prey

Manshallah, br.Nur! Are you planning to come out with a new line of fashions to add to your portfolio? :D

Nur   

Sade sis

That was a good way to deal with temptations, Allah says that it is there " Li yaclama man yakhaafuhu bil Ghaib" so he may know who is fearful of disobeying Allah in the unseen, which simply means that these temptations are testing quality of our faith, just like how our father Adam and mother Hawaa (Eve) were tempted by the forbidden fruit in Jannah, so as their decendents, we are tested on a daily basis so some of us rise, while others sink.

Hibo si

Your Mom huh?

It is said that Prophet Joseph (YUSUF) aleyhi salaam, when he was tempted by the Kings wife in the palace, that he saw his father saying " Don't do it" which some scholars interpret the verse " Lawlaa an ra'aa burhaana Rabbih" that if it was not for a special miracle, that he may have fallen for the temptation, but Allah saves his good servants in times of human weakness from falling low. But for me when I am not tempted by wealth, nor prestige and pride, my weakness is attraction of women, and the way I cope is to think of Xur Ul Cayn women waiting for me in Paradise, and I dont want to let them down, so that way no worldly temptation can match my higher goals, Alhamdulillah it works.

La Fidele

you write:

" Manshallah, br.Nur! Are you planning to come out with a new line of fashions to add to your portfolio? "

As a matter of fact yes, I will be rolling out the Spring Designer Heartwear Collection, it is titled, " The More You Say, The More you see" on Islam pages at Somaliaonline.

Nur