Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

ETON'S CALLING!

Emerald   

Masha'allah ... smile.gif

The Somali 'ciyaal suuq' should take a leaf or two out of this boy's book, I wish him and others alike all the best in furthering their studies.

Juxa   

maasha allah, well done abdi, you have indeed done somalis in UK proud!

Eton, is where kings and queens send their boys, an elite and fine school, mostly fee paying, but abdi must be very clever kid.

a true inspiration walahi. i feel happy for the kid.

Jumatatu   

Kudos to Abdi...he has proved young Somalis are capable of achiving a lot. Am sure he will set the example and the trend now..all the best to him.

..and that stone will be one a Somali would have flung at him for coming out of there walking and talking differently.

This kid will do well academically wherever he goes; he has the aptitude and the attitude. And I don't see him being a shining example for le average Farah cause home boy don't wanna be like Abdi. U get me?

Somalis don't like those that distinguish themselves from the masses. Give it 5 years kid, u'll understand better then. Be happy.

Mashallah, May he do better and be a modal for the upcoming youth. He is going into big competition now and Inshallah pray all goes well.

Glad to see our younger ones making use of the opportunity they have, to its fullest potential.

May Allah increase him in knowledge and determination and be of help to the Muslim Ummah.And all the others walking the same path. After every rough storm there is a calm sea.And never forget your goal and ideals.

Fiamanillah

Mafia   

I'm very proud of him! Hope many of of our youngisters will follow him....

5-10 yrs from now, we will inshaa-Allahhave quite good number of somali disginguished students.....

What is it that confuses you Sophist?

Since when is doing well academically the Somali way? And since when do they react positively to those that separate themselves by doing it differently?

Exceptional people and their stories are not good examples for the average kid. A 12 year old Somali boy wouldn't read this and think he could do it too. He'd probably think: that Abdi's a genius. And leave it at that. Exceptional people only motivate those already engaged in attaining their dreams. For the rest this story is just that- a story.