Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Memory of a Goldfish? Then welcome

Som@li   

Hi there

I aslo have similar problems,i lost my phone many times,,and also forget so many important appointments,,and it happens when i have lots of things to do in a short time, so i reckon it is all to do with the hectic life.

i was also asking the same Q myself a while ago,,are u going mad?, then finally i bought a Pda,and record everthing i have to do, it really helped me.

salaam

Foxy   

We all seem to have one way or the other short term memory loss,

The worst thing about misplacing or losing a mobile phone, is all the un- replaceable Numbers/contacts in the memory, as for the phone is concerned, a basic Insurance should cover the costs. Besides on the good note the loss helps You get a free upgrade of a new phone/or of the same value it was insured for.

May I strongly recommend mobiles that are pc friendly which could be hooked up ur laptop/desktop to upload all your phone contacts/received massages / numbers/memory………saves the daylight out of jesus when push comes to shovel.

I once forgot my wallet in a friends place and showed up at the airport 30 min b4 flight departure going over to another continent , by the time I called up I had 2 choices, miss the flight or leave the wallet behind and wait in the next stop to be sent via the DHL……so my friends its normal to forget things

Hope U cope a day or 2 without a mobile

Haddad   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

Do you mean back home?

Do you know how many hours/day on average girls/women in Somalia spend in speaking and interacting with extended family members and friends? That social lifestyle is imprinted in your genetics. There are Somali girls/women in the West who on average spend a combined less than an hour/day in social activities.

Age? You've got to be kidding. My great-grandmother is 94 and her memory is as good as ever. Well, maybe not that good...but better than mine anyway

YaYa.Yaawa!.Khurad Buraad! smile.gif:D

You seriously need a major A%# whooping.And i dont mean the conventional one either. icon_razz.gif;)

At this rate,You will forget your kid in Train station. You May wanna inform the future Xaji about this malfunction[Disease rather,ehehe] eh?

STOIC   

Zeph...i know automobile is an extension of men personality!.My car expresses identity and anouncement to the world that STOIC is in the neighbourhood.This expression is away of life for us.Even though my car is not plush-i still have a dream! I have a dream from the mountains of Georgia to the Smogs of London,that one day Stoic's car sound will make us think of power saw! I have a dream..... :D

^^ LoL...DREAM ON MATE. Like THAT will ever happen. icon_razz.gif

Foxy, I have coped, relatively easily actually. But thats because I have been given a work phone to use in the meantime.

YaYa.Yaawa!.Khurad Buraad!

You seriously need a major A%# whooping.And i dont mean the conventional one either.

At this rate,You will forget your kid in Train station. You May wanna inform the future Xaji about this malfunction[Disease rather,ehehe]

eh?

LoL @ Afro....God help any child of mine. Being left in a train station will be the least of their problems. Oh and any xaji will figure it out for himself pretty quickly. But seriously, my nan has an amazing memory for someone her age.

Farxaan,

PDA? A gadget, I assume? Am not good with those things.

Haddad,

Hmmm...perhaps. An hour per day is still pretty frequent. I think it's more like an hour per week for me.

Originally posted by Haniif:

Remember the seen from 50 First Dates where they go visit 10 Second Tom.
:D

LooooooL.....Sxb..walaahi..when I was reading this topic..that was the first thing that come to my head...hehehe..

Zephyrine...you are Tom hehehehe..that is funny!!!

Cheers

my main problem is anxiety. If I feel anxious about something (and I always feel anxious..usually about work), the less I sleep and the more forgetful I get. Bit of a vicious cycle

^^^Thats my reason to, but I dont forget things I forget what to say :(

Afro, being obsessive has its advantages. Ive reduced the speaking out after checking. Sometimes I wonder do we really have to be perfect to be human. :confused:

Rahima   

My Dad swears that the house will burn down one of these days, all thanks to me!

My mother has begun making duca for me :D .

Rahima, Do you add salt to the Tea and sugar to the SUUGO?, hehehe

God no! Add salt to Shaah? :eek: That is sacrilegious, especially for an addict such as myself. My problem is not mixing of ingredients or the actual cooking. I’m fine so long as I STAY in the kitchen, the minute I leave it to answer the phone or do another job, I somehow manage to forget something was on the stove, because you only leave for example after you’ve added everything to the suugo and you just want it to cook for a while so that the ingredients can soften. For me I can’t seem to get back to TURN OFF the stove :confused: .

And Rahima my dear would never succumb to loofe :rolleyes: . I don’t know what it is, but not loofe, probably a chemical imbalance triggered by cooking :confused: .

Zeph,

Try telling that to my family, selective my a*ss (excuse the expression folks) would be their answer :D . I’ve gotta come up with a physiological reason very soon.

Nada   

lol@ Run Forest run hahaha.....

I never really forget things constantly, Unless I'm on the phone I can now say it's very distracting :( after locking my car keys in the car couple times, changing lanes without looking, when I think about it now my hair stands :confused: ...

Haddad: There are Somali girls/women in the West who on average spend a combined less than an hour/day in social activities.....Is that problem? what are you getting at...

Originally posted by Nada:

lol@ Run Forest run hahaha.....

I never really forget things constantly, Unless I'm on the phone I can now say it's very distracting
:(
after locking my car keys in the car couple times, changing lanes without looking, when I think about it now my hair stands :confused: ...

Haddad: There are Somali girls/women in the West who on average spend a combined less than an hour/day in social activities.....Is that problem? what are you getting at...

LooL..he means they are internet addicts!!!...

Nada   

If that's all he ment, then I guess it's ok, it beats the Jaad chewing or smoking cigarettes right? ;)

Castro   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

God help any child of mine. Being left in a train station will be the least of their problems. Oh and any xaji will figure it out for himself pretty quickly.

xaji: Honey, come on to bed. I'm waiting.

Zephyrine: Who the f&*k are you? And why are you in my bed?

I found this on www.wrongdiagnosis.com It should come in handy:

Forgetfulness: Forgetting things or loss of memory ability

Introduction: Loss of memory is a common symptom, particular in the elderly. Memory loss may also be associated with concentration symptoms. Many people fear a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease but many other possibilities exist, including simply the normal deterioration of memory function with aging. Other possibilities include the side effects of various medications and other medical conditions such as depression, anxiety, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, certain brain conditions (e.g. stroke or brain tumors) and various types of dementia. Any memory-related symptoms need prompt professional medical advice to determine the correct diagnosis.

Baluug   

I can't even begin to count how many wrenches,pliers,vise-grips,pens,pencils,or other assorted tools I have lost (or had stolen) at work because I would NEVER remember to keep my tool pouch on me or lock up my tool box.Sometimes,I even left my tools where I was working and when it was time to go home,I just left without even thnking about them!! Now I work in a place where people aren't so scandalous and don't take all my stuff.So the next day,when I come in to work,it's likely I'll hear,"Hey liibaan! You left this out yesterday!"

Guess it's a good thing I have better co-workers now.