Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Memory of a Goldfish? Then welcome

This morning on my way to work my train was delayed. So I decided to get myself a hot chocolate and a cookie in the meantime. Waiting in the queue, I took out my mobile to send a txt to my manager, letting her know I was going to be late.

Then it was my turn, and I put down the phone, ordered my stuff, paid and walked away. It wasn't until I got to the second station I change trains at that I realised I had left my mobile. In the coffee shop. On the frigging platform of that frigging station. Arg!

Memory failure, big time. If I don't do something there and then, I forget all about it. I don't wear rings or watches because I always take them off when washing my hands or performing wudu and forget them in public lavatories up and down the city.

I have left my swipe card and office keys at home on two occasions this week and it's only Wednesday!

Am I going mad? :(

Caveman   

Zephyrine,

Waa ogaa in aadan caadi ahayn….ee tell me same thing new.^

Laakiin tanaa kaa daran..

Few yrs back, I can recall when I left for work which required for me to travel to different city. As I got ready for the trip, and loaded all my luggage in the car. I started with a Company laptop, with I though I should put it on the passenger seat, so I put it on the side ..(on top of the Car). Thinking as soon as I am done loading every thing else , I would easily remove it from the roof of the car and put it up-front. As I proceeded to drive I didn’t even noticed any thing missing, in fact I crossed quite few traffic lights until just before I was about to get into Inner-state Hwy. A van pulled right next to me, with little kids pointing fingers at my car and laughing, I though (saqa jaamiintaan yar-yar maxay ku qoslaayaan). Then it hit me, after driving a whole city blocks with a Notebook on the roof, I decided to lay low on the 9 to 5 for a while and recuperate in the Caves.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

Am I going mad?

No. This appears to be a symptom of solitude. Generations of your family have led an active social lifestyle. You're leading a somewhat opposite lifestyle. It takes generations to adapt to such lifestyle. This is about your metabolism reacting against your lifestyle.

STOIC   

Zeph...you are not alone, though you are a little late welcome to the club!.I usually drive or ride the bus to work every morning.Last week i drove to work and parked my in a good parking position.When the day was over instead of driving my car back home i took the bus.Only when i reached my apartment did i discovered that i left my car at work..Argh the feeling of riding the bus back to work :mad: .

Recently? Bah!

I was born with the mind of a goldfish. I’ve always been forgetful.

So does this mean you don’t have a phone anymore? Is it the Sony Ericson T610? Or the cheap nokia? icon_razz.gif

Rahima   

I only develop the memory of a goldfish when I am cooking and I leave the kitchen.

Outside of that my memory is fine, which is why I am confused about my cooking dilemma :confused: .

Castro   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

Am I going mad?
:(

Jokes aside, this could be a sign of something more serious than you think. Get checked out by a doctor.

All kinds of stuff makes me forget. I'm specially prone to forget something my wife asked me to pick up.

Senora   

^^Haha@Rahima

My Dad swears that the house will burn down one of these days, all thanks to me!

I don't wear rings or watches because I always take them off when washing my hands or performing wudu and forget them in public lavatories up and down the city.

I still wear them, but I think I've lost about 5 watches and bracelets :( ....oh, how I miss my Guess watch..

Am I going mad?

Yes,Indeed. Actually, Hon i beleive old age is catching up to you,Run Forest! Run! ;)

I only develop the memory of a goldfish when I am cooking and I leave the kitchen.

Rahima, Do you add salt to the Tea and sugar to the SUUGO?, hehehe

If the answer is both yes, then you have ‘LOOF’ [and I don’t mean a loaf of bread], in your head, or wherever the hell loof goes into people. icon_razz.gif;)

But to answer your Question, Zeph, no I don’t have such a problem, matter of fact, I believe I have an obsessive disorder.

I always say out loud to myself [actually it’s a mental checklist]

Car Keys? : Check! ,

Cell phone: Check! ,

Shoes: Check! ,

Clothes: Check! [What? Yes some people walk naked!]

Wallet: Check!

So, far it has helped me, the only downsize to this is, people think I am weird, but I never locked my keys in my car!

:D

Zeph

Your not alone, were all going mad, good to know its not only me. Speaking of cell phones, I almost left my cell phone at a metro station in Montreal, when I saw the ticket guy yelling, hey you forgot your cell phone.

I came back to Ottawa on Monday, and that night I literally lost my friends phone. @ McDonalds, while waiting for everybody in car to get their order through the drive thru – when it came to paying for my meal, since the car was full and there was no room to move, I got out of the car to take money out of my pocket – I had the cell phone in my hand, I put the phone on the roof of the car, and went back in the car without removing it from there. My friend kept asking me while we was waiting for the order where his cell phone was, and I kept on saying that I didn’t have it, and it be between the seats or below someone’s feet. He bought the story,

3 hours later after 2 games of Ludo we soon realized that his phone was not there and stubid me….. I realized it afterwards that I had left the hone on the roof, we went back.. five of us grilling the McDonalds workers where the phone was, and CSI’n MdDonalds. The phone is now lost and I’m out couple of hundreds to pay for a new one.

^^ Aw @ Animal Farm. icon_razz.gif

LoL @ you lot. I'm getting worried here.

Sue, short-term memory loss? No doubt about it.

Caveman...hmm...that's a bit serious. I'm surprised you didn't run over the laptop. A similar thing happened to my aunt when she was on her way to return a video to blockbuster's. She put the case on top of the car, got in, drove off and it fell off in the middle of the road and the car behind her drove over it. She had a bit of a job trying to explain what happened to the video clerk (erm...I got into an accident with another car...and the only thing that got destroyed was this video. But I'm Fine.... redface.gif ).

Stoic..same with you. Your forgetfulness seems pretty serious. Forgot your car? I thought men worshipped their vehicles? Never thought any guy would be capable of forgetting his car.

7 of Nine,

So does this mean you don’t have a phone anymore? Is it the Sony Ericson T610? Or the cheap nokia?

Heh..I don't have a cheap Nokia..it was a Sagem, I think. I called the lost and found at the station and they asked me what model it was, and...erm...I couldn't tell 'em. Am going to swing by tomorrow morning but I probably won't find it.

So, yeah..no phone..no contacts..nothing. I'm going to be using the office mobile till I can buy a new one. Oh but all my contacts... :(

Afro,

Age? You've got to be kidding. My great-grandmother is 94 and her memory is as good as ever. Well, maybe not that good...but better than mine anyway.

Rahima,

I call that selective memory loss.

Fidel,

What, you reckon that it's the onset of some genetic disease? God forbid. I'm alergic to doctors, anyway.

Jacaybaro (eesh calaa),

Much thanks for that. I agree.

Haddad,

This appears to be a symptom of solitude. Generations of your family have led an active social lifestyle. You're leading a somewhat opposite lifestyle. It takes generations to adapt to such lifestyle. This is about your metabolism reacting against your lifestyle.

How do you mean? What sort of active lifestyle are you talking about? Do you mean back home?

Solitude...I don't know. I'm generally absent-minded, but I think my main problem is anxiety. If I feel anxious about something (and I always feel anxious..usually about work), the less I sleep and the more forgetful I get. Bit of a vicious cycle.

*Exhales*