Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE

N.O.R.F   

the beauty of silence is golden amongst the arrogant lot,,,,,,,,,some of my mates are cancelling that planned trip to Madrid like they cancelled their planned trip to Cardiff for the FA cup final, no Henry for two games now :eek: , did u guys see the reaction of the fans when he was going off??if that doesnt say it, i dont know what does,,,,the whole stadium went silent,,,,

Tactics:

With Cole gettin up and down the left in the 1st half, Ranieri took off the inaffective Scott Parker and replaced him with Cronkyar, he just kept running at Cole in the 2nd half, this resulted in Cole being unable to get forward thus cutting off a major supply line of Arsenal attacks, hence Henry not gettin in the game, hence Arsenal not creating chances. Makallele was awesome in the 2nd half after a dissmal 1st, with Gudjohnson slotting back into midfield this packed the middle of the park, we all know Arsenal are a 1 dimensional team, cut out space in the middle then they dont have a plan B, thats why they struggle against the better teams of Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle and Lpool.

And they tell me i dont know what i'm talking about, i just be a coach myself,,,,,

Peninsula u a londoner right, and a Seria A fan, we are having a SOL getogether for the CL final, Milan vs Chelsea prob, but stranger things have happened, neway if u feel like a god game with the lads let us know,,,,

Oh its all gone quite over here, Oh its all gone quite over here, oh its all gone quite, All gone quite, all gone quite over here

:D:D:D:D

I will not bother to state the obvious :D , rather i will remind you of how astute my football brain is

Yesturday was no suprise really the fomr milan are in.
But am sure we will see some suprise from here on. watch out for Real v Monaco real's defending is gonan get exposed again

posted 24 March, 2004 07:41 PM

Well done to chelsea and Monaco for reminding the various football pundits that football is more than just skills and athelets.

Its an open race now, but i still think Milan have far too much fire power and expirence than the remaing three teams, that said yesturday should be proof to anyone that any team that players good football with nself belief can be successfull so lets see what happens next

Ranieri Targets Euro Glory

Baaniyal   

sad day,but that's football i guess. Very good analysis of the game Pele,Ranieri outhought Wenger this time and i wish him the best, a true Gentleman he is. Henry was ineffective again,he has been disaapointing in this big games run. For Shujui who commends Lauren, do you not see how much of a mediocre player he is, Wayne Bridge was causing havoc the whole game. Lauren has no attacking potential or defending prowess. BUt i think makelele ha da good game,and veiria was poor. Shujui i agree with what you said,football is just that kind of game. A Chelsea-MIlan final would be very nice,i think Chelsea deserve it after such an excellent display.

I salute the underdogs for a great day.

YOUR NOT SINGING, YOUR NOT SINGING, YOUR NOT SINGING ANYMORE

Your not singing anymore

loooool

Man Pele you dont know just how sweet yesturday was RealA.K.A (circus team) knocked out, and the over-rated Under Achieves french brigade brought back to reality with a Bang

Football was the winner yesturday

And i salute you Baay in the face of this barrage from us ant-arsenal hooligans for ur diginity in defeat, its all good bro, maybe next year.............naaa :D

Hey if the truth be told my team has turned out to be as mediocore as arsenal in ths second half of the season

Baaniyal   

what's more funny and pathetic is the anti-arsenal brigade in SOL, who occupy themselves with another teams acheievements or failures rather than worry about their poor and underperforming clubs. Where are the liverpool's,Manu's and Roma's? Oh yeah getting knocked out of a second tier UEFA cup to marseille's and Villareal's. Arsenal were on too long of a high this whole season,but the knock out had to come at some point,unfortunately it was this. Fate works in strange ways,and if you told a Chelsea fan back in 1998 that you will beat Arsenal in a 2004 CL quarterfinal,they would have rubbished you off ofcourse. If your teams had something to be arrogant about,then nothing would have stopped you. It is simple there was no real shock in this defeat to Chelsea,cause it was expected for them to beat us at some point. Now the Galacticos have more to worry about.

Again fair play to Chelsea they deserved it,but please Romans and Pools, worry about just making the CL,rather than playing in it. Y'all remind me of Tottenham fans, who would lose as long as it doesn't help Arsenal.

well hopefully with Roma Back in the champions league place for next season. and still even with a chance at the title with milans record pace slowing now we shall really be able to compare like for like over the next season saxiib.

N.O.R.F   

Baay:

Bro, the only reason i'm hatin is cos of all the hype around highbury. I have been watchin footy long enuff to know when hype is hype, a bunch of pre-madonas who think they hav already won with a 3rd of the season still left. The gullible fans also fall foul to this.As for Lpool, watch out on friday cos, if u lose that game u will also lose the league :eek: , therefore in 1 week u will have lost the FA Cup, The CL and the Prem,lol now that wud be an achievement, its harder to lose all three than one just one,,,,,,remember what happened last year, same again this year mate, just more dramatic. oh yeah

Do u believe my one man team theory now?

Baaniyal   

your one man theory was proved wrong long ago, were you just ignoring them? henry was a passenger last night,just like many big games. The problem with last night was that the other players who usually picked up for him, were poor also. Veira was the biggest culprit,he did not lead by example. And having an erratic goalie never helps. Now you probably gonna start saying that Reyes is that one man! March and April is the usual crap play from Henry,the difference is other players pick up for him. Last night was not the case,i mean after Chelsea equalized you would assume Arsenal to be in Chelseas half for the rest of the game,but it was the other way around. If Pires had any balls,he would have got in to every tackle,rather than try avoiding it. I guess it is true about how the French flatter to deceive. Anyways am not expecting anything good from the Pool game, cause i see a crest fallen team now who have no heart or desire left.

Also this arrogance you speaking of with the season not finished was not exemplified by the Arsenal players, all they kept saying is "One game at a time", it was the fans and media who treaded along that arrogant line you speak of. So don't try and misinterpret things to accomodate your views.

Shujui the Azzuri should get the crying towels ready for another dissapointement. This time i would bet on the Czechs to pull of something. Maybe it's boring old England's year,who knows!

N.O.R.F   

From the treble to not expecting much,,,,,mmmmm welcome back down to earth,,,,,,with a thud!!!!! ;)

Arsenal were poor in 2nd half due to Ashly Cole not being able to go forward, its as simple as that bro,,,,with Lungberg runing round in circles on the right, supported by the not so quick in the brian Lauren, Chelsea played a gr8 tactical ploy. I have always said Pirez is overatted as he plays like a girl, sometimes u need to get stuck in and show some metal. You guys can always beat the lesser teams, jump on yr high horses, sing from the tree tops, but there will always come an encounter every year which makes or breaks yr season,,,so far Arsenal havent proved they have the capability to overcome such tough matches which defines their season (plus past seasons) and until they can do that, they will always be just'hype' to me. ;)