Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

LOST-Final Season

I'm a hardcore Lost fan...it's the ONLY show I watch on TV (everything else I catch online, if I remember!)

I heard there were Lost finale parties happening...I wish I could go to one :(icon_razz.gif

SeeKer   

NG, I read the wiki page and that show is nothing like LOST yahuu, you just wasted five minutes of my life icon_razz.gif

Grasshopper if you can't join 'em throw your own smile.gif

Norf and Layzie G, I haven't watched any of those shows but I will be sure to look them up since I will have a void when LOST is over. I guess I am into the weird and other wordly storylines because I also love FRINGE which I think airs its season finale this week.

Mr. Prince how come you are behind on the episodes? Are they aired differently where you are?

N.O.R.F   

LG, pacific is currently on tv here but comes on at a silly time (9pm on Friday). I will get a dvd to watch it at my own pace.

Seeker, those shows I mentioned are REAL. No political correctness, straight up but with great scripts.

Originally posted by Archdemos:

Norfsky, have you seen Treme. The new offering from David Simon. creater of The Wire. Its brilliant. He's done it again. totally captivating.

watch Treme.

I intend to Arch.

SeeKer   
A plane crash, a group of survivors, an island of mystery ,as the story of Oceanic survivors begun to unfold, LOST became a phenomena that captured the imagination of audiences around the world. Strangers with something in common, they were all flawed and facing their struggles alone but what they would experience together would change them forever. The characters were introduced as stereotypes and then during the course of the show the stereotypes were flipped on their heads and at the heart of it all was the question “can we all get along?” Variety, mystery, the big question, international casting, unbelievably scenic backdrops. LOST was a tale of survival, of redemption, of faith but at its core LOST was a story about a group of people whom I have come to know and love over the past six seasons. Tonite, the final chapter comes to a close.

SeeKer   

^Hehehe........Oh M Gee.....that was the best ending in the whole history of television :D Ok maybe not all television history but it was BRILLIANT. My sister was still baffled when she went to bed.

So, here is the thing I am totally in awe of, the fact that the producers of LOST brought religion/spirituality into mainstream media in a neat package that intrigued and captured the world's attention for 6 seasons!

Asking the age old question of what happens when you die? What lies just on the other side? Does heaven and hell exist? Do we get reincarnated? Do we pay for our sins or do we gain redemption? And most importantly does it all even matter?

What I want to know is what Richard Dawkins thinks of LOST :D:D:D

IMG_0835.JPG

Urban   

So it's finally over then :( . I thought the ending was beautiful, and completely different to what I thought the story was about.

SeeKer   

^ and what was yours. I kinda figured it had something to do with heaven and dying but I couldn't figure out which was which i.e was the flash sideways heaven or was the island heaven. I already miss it......tonite is the first night I won't plonk myself down to watch it :(

Urban   

*spoilers*

I'm gonna miss it too Seeker. I thought the whole sheeko was about about Jacob, and his brother trying to leave the island. But I don't think it is, it's about the mysterious powers of the Island and the way it brought each broken character there and gave them a second chance.

I don't think the man in black could've destroyed anything if he had left, it was their fake mom who brainwashed them into thinking they couldn't leave, and only jacob believed that which is why he didn't let his brother leave.

The flash sideways part of the series was the moment before entering heaven, it had no time, it was like the waiting place for all of the characters to 'remember' and meet up before learning to let go and enter heaven. Remember Jack's conversation with his dad in the church? He confirmend that everything that had happened was real. Also when hugo said to Ben "you've been a great number 2", it implied that they protected the island for a long time, and before Jack closed his eyes, he saw his friends escaping from the island in the airplane above, they could've led a long life before dying.

Do you think it was just a coincidence that all the main characters on the island lived in the same city with something connecting them all..

I felt sorry for Ben when Jack passed over the leadership to Hugo, because he's been wwaiting for that role for a long time. And when he accepted Hugo's offer my eyes almost welled up with tears.

Who knows, Jacob and his brother could've had their own flash sideways life, same for the ancient egyptians who seem to have inhabited the island, and the new group of survivors the lived there under Hugo and Ben's watch. Beautiful.

It doesn't matter what the island is and who made it this way and why it had these mysteries, because that's not what LOST was about.

-Lily-   

Double hyphen, do you have the permission of the parents of these underage boys to display their photos on a public forum?

I lost my patience with that show after season 2.

Chimera   

What a cheap ending, beautiful but cheap and lacks originality. Those briliant writers gave us exciting material season after season, displaying pure genius all the way into the last episodes, but then they messed up, extending the series another season would have been better:

They shouldn't have killed off the evil being Smokey Locke, but instead should have allowed him to escape the Island and cast a black cloud over the world. The step-mother, Charles Whitmore and Jakob were all hinting at what would happen if he managed to get off the Island, I believed him to be a powerful supernatural demon who could seriously pillage the world upon release(first time I saw the "Smoke monster" gave me a scare, as I used to imagine xuux to be something similar, so I got a few childhood flashbacks)

Imagine him escaping and a significant part of the Lost group like Jack, Desmond or Jin taking the sub or plane to follow Smokey Locke back to the known world. When they see the world in utter ruins, they then decide to take their loved ones and flee to the one place still safe; the Island.

The strange fountain of light could have been written as being Smokey Locke's achilles heel, and therefore force him to return to the Island after he learns Jack or Hugo are trying to find a way to the fountain so that they can kill him, but he returns with a slave-army that he created during his rampage.

I didn't like the backstory of Jakob and his brother, I previously thought it was more mythical and further back into history than the 17th century new world. In hindsight they might aswell have given the evil kid brother a ship and let him sail wherever he wants. This would have prevent six seasons of lost and prior to that two centuries of mayhem on the Island. icon_razz.gif

Still the ending was beautiful, seeing all of the characters and the flashbacks of episodes - I hadn't seen for years, but still fully remembered - gave me goosebumps, it was like I was going through a photo-album or something.

What to watch now? Maybe start all over again from season one? :D