Sign in to follow this  
Medley of extemporanea

Fat SOMALI WOMEN!

I used to live in a time when fat women were the pick of all somali males' choice for marriage, calling them the infamous term of Xusul-Baruur . I still like those versions of women. :D

Arawella   

Hey

I think it is not easy to stay slim for women in the West with all those delicious food advertised everywhere not to mention the thousands of restaurants with free deliveries.

For those of us in Somalia, women are reared to cook, so with all that tasting one is bound to put few pounds.

By the way, been fat can also be genetic so it doesn't necessarily mean the lady is greedy.

By the way, beauty is more than just the face. Therefore as long as it is not harming anyone else a person has the choice to be obese. Fat women should expect the same treatment to slim/anorexic women.

Cheers to all you fat and beautiful women out there

smile.gif

juba   

^ yep! smile.gif

whats this sudden attack on fat people? i find your "complaints" quite childish haniif! until you have been in their shoes you should keep quite.

and i don't mean an hour in a fat suit! :D

Nothing much to say about the topic.

Fact: Love or loath it, Somali lady will remain to be nothing but Somali lady.

Fact: We have the most beautiful girls on earth between the age of 17 to earlier twenteith, suddenly everything changes boyond that age, does this apply to all woman or solely to our girls and whats the matter? Lack of exercise or too much Xalwad Kismaayo :D

Hold on your horses, girls Im only joking

Originally posted by Tukaale:

Fact: We have the most beautiful girls on earth between the age of 17 to earlier twenteith, suddenly everything changes boyond that age, does this apply to all woman or solely to our girls and whats the matter? Lack of exercise or too much Xalwad Kismaayo

No. It's because they get married.

Haniif,

There are fat people and there are obese people. I have seen lots of fat Somali women, and lots of obese (usually caucasian) women. But I haven't seen an obese Somali woman. I suppose they must exist, but it doesn't seem to be that prevalent yet.

I have seen some obese somali women but still they aint your typical disgustingly-frighting-obese women. something about their bone structure, i think. while i dont condone obesity( for among its health affects are infertility, which scares me to death), I beleive there is more to that story. we should let the xalimos figure out what is at stake, and it is certainly not their dignity !

---------------------------------------------

Get Up! Up Even the best fall down sometimes

But I haven't seen an obese Somali woman. I suppose they must exist, but it doesn't seem to be that prevalent yet.

lol, but that doesn't make it alright for folks to be overweight ahura. Just because we haven't locked eyes with an obese woman just yet doesn't mean those that are overweight aren't going that path. First they gain a little weight, then alot of weight, then it gets to the point where they can't walk anymore, thats a problem.

The problem with our somali community is that they like to talk, talk & talk!!! Action speaks louder than words.

What we need is role models. We need community leaders who can guide somali women to full fitness using health programs.

We also need Somali dieticians who can embrace the idea of helping our community to full health.

Our community needs to be united. Look at how the asians are runnning things in the UK!

The whole somali scene needs to be sorted out instead of pointing the finger at one party!. :(

No self respecting somali woman is going to join gyms where privacy isnt gauranteed. The mix of men and women scares them out of losing those pounds. Besides, the ladies only gyms typically have huge windows which face to the street; thus anyone walking by can look and see her huffing and puffing.

And I don't think your going to see them running around the tracks with thier gabasaar/jalbaab trailing behind them anytime soon either. The muslim community really needs to do somethng about the lack of fitness and health programs---is it possible to rent gyms for private use the same way as swimming and skating I wonder? That would really be helpful and I could imagine alot of women would be up to it.

Quote: "So; the time when somali men develop six packs is when heavy somali women will lose their weight."

True, Somali men need to set examples. I am striving to get a six pack. I would enourage all somali people (young or old) to join the local gym or buy a self assembled home gym for the garage or living room.

Khaat should be banned and Somali cafe's should display health promotion leaflets for the local gym. But you know what, Somalians doent want to help themselves. Action speaks louder than words baby!!! :eek:

Castro   

Originally posted by Femme Fatale:

So; the time when somali men develop six packs is when heavy somali women will lose their weight. :rolleyes:

Good weight to height proportion is a sign of good health. While we're constantly bombarded with very thin women and men who spend hours every day in the gym, what's more important is how many activities one engages in everyday. If all the exercise you get is looking for the remote control underneath the couch, it doesn't matter how fat or thin you are.

it is a known fact that somali women start to gain wieght after marriage - and i don't think the food is to blame - there is nothing wrong with been fat as long as you are healthy - and why are somali men that damn skinny? -

Arawella   

They are skinny probably of too much KAAT. An effortless and great way to stay slim if you don't give a d**m about your health and its consenquences to the family.