Sign in to follow this  
Medley of extemporanea

Fat SOMALI WOMEN!

Why don't they respect themselves and attempt to keep their dignity as human beings?

Just because food is available doesn't mean you should eat it! We need to start training out young girls to learn to control their weight and register them at gyms as soon they reach the teen years. I am tired of seeing somali women weighing in at 200+ pounds. For you here with body mass indexes over 35, I assure you I am not Anti-fat people, but life with obesity is not even worth living. Get some help and get off your a-ss. If nothing else works, lets send all these fat somali women back to Africa so they can starve down to a healthy weight and acceptable appearance.

Hanif,

Who said they lost their dignity?? There are two sides of the story, culture dictates the lady to be a bit plump. Im being told of for being skinny but scientifically speaking im in the perfect BMI and Im healthy alhamdullilah. What they may need is healthy eating practices skip the hilib in the morning and all the fattening stuff. But that may mean compromising the cultural ways ??? Well I beleive if it comes down to putting your health on the line, it should be your first priority to eat less and work out more so that you dont have to skip your favorite dishes or if its that bad skip the favorites too.

Anyway, I also think that maybe they have more problems then that. Can be an eating disorder( leptin hormone acting all weird) their satiety level different from everyones elses(need more food)have problems(family, depression) which they cant solve end up eating. Most of the women stay indoors, tend to the household and may have self esteem problems especially if they have unappreciative husbands around. Thus she indulges herself with eating to get that satisfaction.

Anyway guess Im babbling again.What I think can cure the problem organise self awareness meetings, educate the women on the harm of being fat and get their husbands/menfolk involved.Teach them healthier alternatives in their cooking and lifesytle(You can still have a great peice of hilib in the oven than frying it ...). Work on their self esteem and give them a sense of belonging(most people still dont like the environment they live in) . Sending them back to somali doesnt help.

Hanif, dont hate them that much, they are beautiful women after all. Our women.

All they need is a little guidance and reassurance.

Fiamanillah

Same ruling applies to them too. Got to work out and be active men. And cut down the eating. :D They need to be health conscious too.

Ps. One thing I have observed fat somali women look great compared to the fat men as it accumulates on the belly for the latter while uniformly for the former.

Mowgli   

Originally posted by Haniif:

I assure you I am not Anti-fat people, but life with obesity is not even worth living.

I have a solution...let's kill all the fat ppl :rolleyes:

Miriam1   

assure you I am not Anti-fat people

Really?

Why don't they respect themselves and attempt to keep their dignity as human beings

but life with obesity is not even worth living

I doubt it you sound HATEFUL.

As a Muslim man I suggest you Lower your gaze, and maybe YOU wont see these "FAT" women that you find so unbearable !

Sharif   

You're right to say this to our women and all muslim together wherever they're. This should not only applied to the women but men as well.

Since our lovely messenger of Allah insisted us not to have a meal toomuch in a time. But to devide a belly into three parts (for food, drinks and breathing).

This's all about to say for now

Thank you

Whats with this talk about “men need to loss weigh t tooâ€. obesity is not a male problem!

Warrior, the size of their posterior says they've lost their dignity. I understand that culture maybe be at fault here to an extent, but that is not an excuse. You said yourself that even though culture dictates otherwise, you've been able to maintain a healthy BMI, so why can't these gigantic somali women do the same? Culture is not holding a gun to their head telling them to eat, eat, and eat some more!

True that there maybe a medical condition at play or that depression or other mental conditions maybe the cause, but this is the case in only a minority of these larger then appropriate women. I disagree with you that the solution lays with community or family or even men!

This is a female problem and females need to solve it. You women need to stop getting us men to solve all your problems and do something for yourselfs for once!

As a Muslim man I suggest you Lower your gaze, and maybe YOU wont see these "FAT" women that you find so unbearable !

LoL@JAWAHIR. Its that time of the month for haniif.

Sweetie, you don't need to be worrying about fat women, I am sure when they out of breath and can't walk a block, they would realize just how much danger their heart is in. You can't blame overweight teens, blame their mothers, like mother like daughter. If the mother is not setting a good example about the importance of healthy eating, why should we look down at the kid when they snacking on Big Mac at 1am thru drive-in, not walk in, drive-in.

Yeniceri   

^^

:D @ 90lbs.

Originally posted by Haniif:

Why don't they respect themselves and attempt to keep their dignity as human beings?

And a skinny person has dignity simply because they're skinny? Then we Somali men should be the most dignified of all men on earth. But look at how crappy we are! i.e. You actually exist. :D

Pucca   

:rolleyes: lets not hate on the simple fat BEAUTIFUL folks...we all need love right? dont stress hanif, i'm sure you can find youself a slim somali sister out there somewhere

*walks off disgusted muttering..."always hating on fat folks..."*