Sign in to follow this  
ToasterThief

Positive Muslim Headlines

You are welcome, the clinic is open to the general public so we see all types of patients except children for now. Only prerequisite is the patients must call in to make appointments.

Ps. We are seeking healthcare professionals to volunteer at the clinic specifically internists, family practitioners,nurses; social workers and administrative assistants would also be welcome.

The clinic's information.

Noor Community Clinic

Beginning January 20th 2010 and every Wednesday thereafter, the clinic will operate from 5 to 9 p.m. at the OSU Rardin Family center, 2231 North High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43201.

Noor Community Clinic is a Free clinic for uninsured and underserved eligible individuals whose household income is not greater than 200% of poverty level and not eligible for Medicare / Medicaid subject to existing guidelines. It is run by volunteer Ohio licensed physicians and allied healthcare professionals. OSU Medical Students and Residents will also assist in the clinic. The clinic provides routine medical care and treatment for non-emergency illness. Screening for illnesses such as Diabetes Mellitus, High blood pressure, STD’s and health education will be offered. Services include physicals, lab work and referrals to specialty care. This clinic does not provide immunization, TB testing or prenatal care.

For Appointments and information:

CALL FOR APPOINTMENT: (614)516-3075 on Monday 10am - 3pm and Tuesday 10am–Noon starting January 11th 2010. Leave your name and contact telephone number. These are the only time you can call to request an appointment.

Our clinic coordinator will call you back between 4 and 7 pm on Monday and Tuesday to schedule an appointment. We see a limited number of patients and appointments are made in order of the received calls. If you will not be able to keep an appointment please call to cancel.

For other questions contact us at email:

The Zack   

^Masha'allah very good info to share, may allah reward all the volunteers out there. I have barely heard about this clinic at Masjid Noor's Friday lecture one day, I didn't get this detailed info. I will share it with those in need of it.

Amin. Actually we handed out fliers at the mosque. Guess unfortunately it didnt reach you. I am currently trying to get people to volunteer to help translate the flier into af somali as well as arabic so that we can reach out more to our Somali community. Would appreciate any help we can get.

Ps. Good to know fellow SOLers live in Columbus.

The Zack   

I guess I wasn't there that day then. The lecturer briefly talked about it the day I was there but I didn't see any fliers that day.

Yeah, good to know you live here as well.

FYI, I could help with translating the fliers to Somali but I will not be any help on the medical field at all LOL as I am in different industry.