Sign in to follow this  
RendezVous

Somali Muslim Matrimonials....The Divorce Rate..Solutions

Asalam aleykum,

While we accept there is a great problem in our Somali societies living in and out of Somalia, I was astonished to find an exciting flow of courage Our Somali women are gaining to list themselves on Muslim matrimonials which albeit charge exhorbitantly high fees to contact and correspondences.

Here Below you will find samples of listed Somali women matrimonials looking for greener pastures.I am worried at the rate each is complaining she was divorced.

I think this is

One BIG issue we have to address through SOL in a Somali and Islamic way..

ONE

Female, 23, 5ft-6in, 168 cm, Divorced

Religion: Sunni

Culture: Somalia

Assalamu alaikum. I am looking for my better half to grow with me in Islam and teach me what I dont know. I prefer someone in Canada or United States. He must be a practising Muslim(no bad habits). No one is perfect but I am looking for someone who has love, respect, patience, sometimes open to humour and knows how to treat a wife. What I have to offer is a lot of my love, compassion, happiness and more.

TWO:

Female, 26, 5ft-11in, 180 cm, Divorced

Religion: Muslim (sunni)

Culture: Somalia (ISLAM)

asalamualey kum wr wb iam down to earth sister tall atractive walahmdulllah iam 5.11 i weigh 120 pounds i have carmel skin color curly hair iam educated in the deen and looking to learn more and iam educated in the duniya as well INSHALLAH IAM looking for african amrican brother or cacuasian who live in canada or in america educated down to earth religous maSHALLAH tall as iam and patient from the ages of 27-35 INSHALLAH you will not be dissapointed

jazazakalahuheiran salam

THREE:

Female, 34, 5ft-8in, 173 cm, Divorced

Religion: Muslim

Asalaam, my name is Amina, originally from Somalia, have one child who is living with me, iam looking for a single Europe Muslim man, age between 34 - 40, who is honest, kind and love children, non - smoker and non - drinker. Please respond only if you are seriouse. Thank you.

FOUR:

Female, 34, 5ft-7in, 170 cm, Divorced

Hello to all the "MR WONDERFUL" out there!!!

I am looking for that special someone that I could call my best friend. In this case it starts with a keystroke and hopefully leads to a phone call and as they say the rest is history. I am educated, outgoing, kind and looking for a man who is the same if you fit the bill hit me back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

FIVE:

Female, 28, 5ft-8in, 173 cm, Divorced

I'm a 28 year old female from somalia. I'm just looking for someone to talk to have some laughs with. I am in college for Early Childhood Education, to become a kindergarten teacher or even first grade. I was born in Islam, Alhamdu lilaah but,i'm also looking for someone to help me understand Islam a little better and to come for advice, and possibly more, such as marriage in the future.

SIX:

Female, 30, 5ft-0in, 152 cm, Never Married

Salaam! to my muslim brothers, My name is faahiima, iam a young educated woman who fears allah very much. Iam very honest,kind and somewhat romantic woman. would like to have a family based on islamic way of life. If you think that iam your other half, contact me. May allah be with us all and help us to find our patners in life. (aamiin)

SEVEN:

Female, 34, 5ft-5in, 165 cm, Divorced

Asalaamu Alaikum

I am a divorced Somali sister with two children living in Canada. I perform my daily prayers and strive to become a better Muslim on a daily basis. I would be interested in a Somali brother who is looking for committment, honesty, dedication and can also be a good role model for my children. In return, I would be, insha Allah, "raaliye" meaning a good wife. Peace

EIGHT:

Female, 19, 5ft-8in, 173 cm, Never Married

Religion: Muslim (SUNNI)

ASSALAMO ALAYKOM...MY NAME IS FATIMA... I AM 19 YEARS OLD... I AM AN HONEST AND CARING PERSON.. I LIVE IN LONDON AND I WORK AS A SALES ADVISOR. I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS FAITHFUL,HONEST,KIND AND WHO FEARS ALLAH.

NINE:

Female, 21, 5ft-4in, 163 cm, Never Married

I am a confident, educated muslim living in the UK. I practice my religion by praying, fasting and abstaining from anything haram although I do not always wear hijab. I am supportive, open-minded, ambitious with a good sense of humour and a positive outlook on life. I am looking for an educated 24-30year old, to communicate with electronically with view to marriage. I am interested in a well-educated, confident, open-minded, God-fearing muslim with whom I can enjoy life.

I enjoy reading, travelling, movies, theatre and meeting new people. If your view of marriage is a partnership and are looking to share life with a loving, caring person then do not hesitate to contact me.

May God help you all in finding your ideal partners and thank you for taking the time to read this ad.

TEN:

Female, 24, 5ft-5in, 165 cm, Divorced

Culture: Other

salaam im a very bubbly person,g8 sense of humour,caring,got a lot of love 2 give to mr rite,i love to travel love saudi im lookin 4 sum1 who can love me 4 me and knows how 2 look after a woman islamically to!i married the wrong guy after 3 yrs nikkah i have a child 16 months need sum1 who can take me to makkah and love me a lot plz do not be put of im g8 in every way allah knows best kismet ki baat hai! if interested, please contact me on the email address given below

ELEVEN:

Female, 18, 5ft-9in, 175 cm, Never Married

Assalaamu Caleykum My name is Munibah.i'm living in Minneapolis and looking to meet american brothers insha allaah...if there are any American orgin brothers looking hit me back insha allaaah..might allaaah be with ya alll.....salaaaaaaaam,,

There are millions of somali women who are on loose and have just kept quite.What are the causes of the divorce and how can we plan to stop or slow it.We must find a solution to this menace NOW...causes and suggestions? Be fair and frank..

While this is for discussion purposes, I am sorry if it is causing you any inconveniences..

Wasalam smile.gif

Every Society whether be Somalis or Non-Somalis are plagued by the same problems.Looking for someone else outside your culture to solve these issues is not bright idea as that someone is not immune to the very problems that you are running away from. If these women are looking for love for the right reasons.....We wish them luck and success, but if they believe men from cultures are diffirent than Faaraxs, then they might be in rude surpise. Either way, I hope they find Happiness.

And as for the divorce problem among maryooley, I think Somalis jump in too quickly into everything. One must know what he or she is looking in a patner before actually commiting to marriage. Most Somalis don't take the time or make the effort to know each other's needs. You gotta figure out your own needs first and that of your patner, and then see if both of you are looking the same thing. N to do this, one must be honest!!!!!!..

^^^^^Those were possible solutions. Somalis need to figure what is that they seek in a relationship first. Put the effort and time in your relationship and be honest with each other. These marriages fail coz the couple don't really know each other and each other's needs. As maryooley, we hurry through things,and tell each other what we want to hear not what need to be said. Only after the couple actually get married do our true personality shows up. I believe knowing the person you gonna is key to succesful marriage.

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

Ninkan Rendeshebel, inuu gabdho Somali ah ka daba shaqeeyo maahee, hawl kale ma leh miyaa? :rolleyes:

Bishaaro :D:D That was funny walaahi sis.did u call me Rendeshebel..abaayo I am online most of the day..It is infact part of my work which involves a lot to do with IT..I just feel BAD to see those kind of matrimonial ads from Somali sisters who are practically not in good relationships.Even going ahead and posting for outside marriages while ourselves can do better.Walahi it ain't good knowing we somalis have great problem.As youngsters and learned Somali young people, we need to do our best for the community as Che quevara did say.While our boys are doing their best, you guyz also try your side.We will then be able to find nice young somali couples happy with nice breed of children..Aqlaaq leh oo diin wanaagsan leh.

Every Society whether be Somalis or Non-Somalis are plagued by the same problems.Looking for someone else outside your culture to solve these issues is not bright idea as that someone is not immune to the very problems that you are running away from. If these women are looking for love for the right reasons.....We wish them luck and success, but if they believe men from cultures are diffirent than Faaraxs, then they might be in rude surpise. Either way, I hope they find Happiness.

And as for the divorce problem among maryooley, I think Somalis jump in too quickly into everything. One must know what he or she is looking in a patner before actually commiting to marriage. Most Somalis don't take the time or make the effort to know each other's needs. You gotta figure out your own needs first and that of your patner, and then see if both of you are looking the same thing. N to do this, one must be honest!!!!!!..

nice Che... smile.gif

Originally posted by Bishaaro:

Ninkan Rendeshebel, inuu gabdho Somali ah ka daba shaqeeyo maahee, hawl kale ma leh miyaa? :rolleyes:

What did you just say? That came out sounding Af-Shimbir.

TEN:

Female, 24, 5ft-5in, 165 cm, Divorced

Culture: Other

salaam im a very bubbly person,g8 sense of humour,caring,got a lot of love 2 give to mr rite,i love to travel love saudi im lookin 4 sum1 who can love me 4 me and knows how 2 look after a woman islamically to!i married the wrong guy after 3 yrs nikkah i have a child 16 months need sum1 who can take me to makkah and love me a lot plz do not be put of im g8 in every way allah knows best kismet ki baat hai! if interested, please contact me on the email address given below

I was particularly put off by this lady.I felt that we need to strive more to reduce tensions between our families.One issue that is normally forgotten is that Marriages and Love are "Nurtured" right from day one.Then there is "Sabar"(Patience).You must permit yourself to persevere a lot for "your loved one"..

Do u think so?

S.O.S   

Rendezvous,

Without saying much, may I present to you:

1) Heeran

2) Xigsiisan

3) Godobtir

4) Dumaal

W/c

Haneefah   

I honestly don't see a reason why you should have to quote real personal ads in order to convey your message of high divorce rates, and then have the nerve to claim you were 'put off' by certain ones...waaku sidee walal?

This is a social ill that is obviously becoming increasingly prevalent in our community, and whilst I agree with you that it should be discussed amongst ourselves, we should do so in a positive manner and without having to address a particular gender.

Salam smile.gif

S.O.S   

Brothers and sisters, A/c.

I'm only pointing out to the rich tradition of our cultural heritage and the social net in place to couple people, as to preserve the continuity of family units. The widows, the divorcees, the aged, the outnumbering, the forgotten, etc. it was simply the rich culture with its deep wells of wisdom and social fabric which protected the dignity of individuals and made sure everyone had the right/chance to live in family harmony. Had we not abandoned it in favour of less civilised practices, it would most probably have had prevented the above examples (which I believe you shouldn't have posted these private details here, in stead of making your point differently).

1) Heeran = Gabdhaha u kaco dhul kale haday deegaankooda rag ka waayaan, dhaqankuna wuxuu caadadiisu ahaa in reerka/degaanka ay soo martiyaan gabdhahaa u guuriyaan; ceeb bay ahaan jirtay in gabdhahaa loo guurinwaayo kadibna degaan ama reer kale u sii gudbaan.

2) Xigsiisan = Gabdhaha qoyskooda dhexdiisa wiilal ay qaraabo dhow yihiin loogu guuriyo (sababa frabadan ayaa keeni karo arrimahaa, oo ay ka mid yihiin in gabadh ama wiil guur la'aan ahaan)

3) Godobtir = Gabdhaha guur la'aanta ah ama guurdoonka ah oo loobixiyo asbaabo farabadan oo noqonkaro magdhow, xiriir wanaajin, iwm.

4) Dumaal = Dumaasha waa lawada yaqaanaa baan u malayn! smile.gif

W/c

Originally posted by The Rendezvous...:

quote:

TEN:

I was particularly put off by this lady.I felt that we need to strive more to reduce tensions between our families.One issue that is normally forgotten is that Marriages and Love are "Nurtured" right from day one.Then there is "Sabar"(Patience).You must permit yourself to persevere a lot for "your loved one"..

Do u think so?
I think you are forgetting the fact it takes two to fail at relationships and marriages in particular. Be more reflective Saaxib and ask yourself is that Somali men are doing to put off our women. Don't just dump this at their feet and blame them for divorce rate.