Sign in to follow this  
sYric-STiPHuLLa

quote of the day

This is ABSOLUTELY the Quote of All Time.

When asked what is taking so long,

President Bush reportedly replied:

"When I take action I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt."-President of the United States,

George W. Bush.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MORE QUOTES.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.

-Anonymous**************************************************

Marriage is like a bank account. You put it in, you take it out, you lose interest.

-- Irwin Corey

A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished.

-- Zsa Zsa Gabor

I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house.

-- Lewis Grizzard

A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do nothing, but together can decide that nothing can be done.

-- Fred Allen

The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, the young know everything.

-- Oscar Wilde

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,READ,,,,,,,,,,,

The child is the father of the man.

-- William Wordsworth

You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

-- Al Capone :D

If Satan ever loses his hair, there'll be hell toupee.

-- Anonymous

UGLINESS, n. A gift of the gods to certain women, entailing virtue without humility.

- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary, 1911

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.

- - Nelson Mandela, A Long Walk to Freedom

All that is gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost;

-- J.R.R. Tolkein

... I am indebted to the cat for a particular kind of honorable deceit, for a greater control over myself, for a characteristic aversion to brutal sounds, and for the need to keep silent for long periods of time.

-- Colette

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat; the 2 will hover, inches above the ground. With a giant buttered-cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.

-- John Frazee

We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry.

-- John Webster

:eek:

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.

-- Napoleon Bonaparte

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

-- George Santayana

The sun never sets on the British empire because Britain is in the east and the sun sets in the west. -- Unknown history student

Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

-- Anonymous

Property may be destroyed and money may lose its purchasing power; but, character, health, knowledge and good judgement will always be in demand under all conditions.

-- Roger Babson

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.

-- Abraham Lincoln

The difference between sex and death is that with death you can do it alone and no one is going to make fun of you.

icon_razz.gif -- Woody Allen

yo poste the best somaali' maah'maahyo that means alot to you whether u heard it from grandperents or perents what's the best quote "" you ever heard...includin somaali maah'maahyo' don't make it up either smile.gif

Labka   

originally posted by Tenacious_J

-------------------------

"When I take action I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt."-President of the United States,

George W. Bush.

Can't you get some Somali quotes instead of those English once. What is important around was to try that, even it might be looked inducing if you translate that in to English though. By the way the Somali maahmaahyo and personal quotes are totally different in order Cuz quote is something that actually related to personal intuition. Maahmaahyo specially Somali sayings are true and they deal with any circumstance which are usaully true. What Do you think aboutt this.

Ina haan far ku dhuuqe iyo Heeryo awr kala tuureba waa haraad badan yihiin.

that's my quote of the day. It sounds like Maahmaah, but quite differ

yo labka i agree with you..i wish i had some somali maahmaayo to tell you but that'waz my aim..and i'd appreciate it if ppl shared there most cherrished one's here ....that is if you know one.....thanx for the advice labka...

SaLaamz Folks !

Here are a Coupla Somali Proverbs That I Particularly Like :

Rag wuxuu kugu bartuu kugu dilaa --- Pretty Much Self Explanatory

Ninna intuu kuu jiro kuuma soo dhaafo --- am Sure yall Know of a Couple of Peeps Like Dat

Ninkii roon baa reerka u hara------Soo True

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko --- Damn Us Females Made a Name For Ourselves ! !

By The way,, if ur Looking For Somali Proverbs( Maahmaahyo) Tenacious_J ,,, Be Sure 2 Go 2 SomaliNet and Check Out Their Virtual Library ,, They Have It all Listed There in Alphabetical Order !

Peace 4 Now~

One;)