Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Under the Vest

Abtigiis   

Under the Garan

After six months, Ruun got suspicious. Why isn’t this man taking off his vest (Garan) for one minute. Even by mistake. As they go to bed, Suubane always finds excuses not to show his chest to his wife. Sometimes, it is ‘I feel cold’, at other time ‘it is I don’t like the lights’. But even when the light is off, he will still insist on wearing a heavy Garan.

When they started dating, he told her he was born in Muqdisho to a fairly well-to-do family. Like most men think, he supposed the effortless lie will boost his standing in her face. It would prove to be his nemesis.

So, Ruun finally talked about it to him. She said she wants to see that part of his body. She assured him that if he has any skin disease or whatever, that will not affect their relationship. But after he refused to budge, she pleaded with him for a month or two, she brought the issue to his friend Roble. She gave an ultimatum: ‘either he will show me or our marriage is broken’. Although Roble and his friends begged her not to push him to that level in front of his peers, she insisted " ma yeelayo, ee garanka ha iska bixiyo". Dejected,he agreed.

What Roble saw on the chest of our friend was nothing serious. He hasn’t got any health problems. But there were burns and bruises (from traditional healers at childhood) all over his stomach and under his nipples. Some of the bruises looked liked Greek Alphabets; others would remind one of astrologists’ mystic symbols.

She was relieved. But again, she followed up with a question, “tell me who are you and where is your birth place?” After he told her, she said goodbye and left him. Rooble doesn’t know whether it is because of the falaadhaha or because of the lie; why she left his friend?

Ms DD   

Lying about his poor family, of course. Imagine what it is like when a rug has been pulled under you and see your inheritance disappear into thin air.

Nephissa   

After six months
, Ruun got suspicious.

I would be very wary of a grown woman that would be in a relationship that long, and not demand to see ALL of him. I would think it should be demanded by the first or second night at the latest. Maxay inta u ag fadhiday?

Haarun   

Nephthys don't you know that there are some people who have never seen each other and yet they are married?The old somalian people are in a league of their own.

Skipper   

What poor old Ruun failed to realize is that even though she is married to the vest guy that he still has the right to keep whatever he wants from her. Being married does not neccesarily mean putting everything on the table. Some privacies must be kept.

NGONGE   

^^ Sometimes it's for the best.

Oh. This reminds me, I need to reply to A&T's other marraige topic. :D

Skipper   

I believe secrets must allways be kept to oneself, The vest guy should have shown Ruun the door the minnute she inquired to know what his secrets were. No wonder a wise old guy once said"secrets can be kept by 3 people if 2 of them are dead"

Ms DD   

Ngonge

It is for the best sometimes? On which occassions?

Secrets that could hurt the other person or make them uncomfortable should not be kept in a marriage. I feel that being honest is the best way to set a good foundation in a marriage. Once you break some one's trust, you will never completely get it back. I think secrets hurt a marriages. Heed it from this eedo Ngongow.

NGONGE   

It depends on the type of secret, Ms DD. If I hated my mother-in-law it would be foolish to share that secret with my wife, would you not agree? :D

(I have no mother-in-law, before anyone starts reading things into this). :D

Castro   

^^^^ You must realize many of the respondents are unmarried. Habar fadhida lagdin uga fudud dhe.

Originally posted by Nephthys:

I would be very wary of a grown woman that would be in a relationship that long, and not demand to see ALL of him. I would think it should be demanded by the first or second night at the latest. Maxay inta u ag fadhiday?

Rookies. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Rooble doesn’t know whether it is because of the falaadhaha or because of the lie; why she left his friend?

She left because of the massive nipples on his man boobs.