Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

What Would You Do?

Aaliyyah   

Nehphisa loool @ who never put much effort...dadka qasab luguma laha ..qofkii hadiyad ku keenana waa la accept gareeya with a huge smile...oo dadka wa la ihtiraama waxaas cheapka ah ee uglyga kula ah maybe yaguu la qurxoonyahay oo niyadooda wa saafi...

Accept it graciously and throw it away--this was my choice....and this is what any saint person would do..

Accept it but visually show your disappointment

why would you show your disappointment? ma waxbaad qofka u dhiibatay acuudubilaah..

Accept it and a few days later call them on the phone and tell them they're cheap..acuudubilaah qof hadiyad ku keenay miya inti la waco la maagi kara

Laugh in their face, throw the gift at them and walk away...caruur miyaa tahay caqliga biya laga shubay...

Take it and regift it back to them at some point. If you didn't like someone's gift, why give others what you don't like?? Unless you know someone who would appreciate that certain gift..

salaam

Nephissa   

ahhhha, caqligii markan luq-luqanayay baan tufay.. :Dicon_razz.gif

Ofcourse, the thought counts, but it also depends on who I got the gift from. If the gift giver is someone that's not in a tight financial situation, knows me and my style, I would expect them to match their gift to my taste atleast. I find it utterly ridiculous to give someone calal guriga kuu yaalay kun sano, for the simple sake of "getting them something". If that's the case, just don't give me anything.

Speaking of gift giving, this cadaan girl invited me to her birthday party, but i'm not sure if i'm to bring a gift and what would be appropriate. Maybe alcohol, I dislike giving gifts, i usually give people what i would want.

Aaliyyah   

loooooool@ alcohol....ma saasa ka dhaba.

It's ok I guess to go over to a friend's party (even though usually crazy things take place..is uruuri bal qof muslin ah baa tahaye) but do not bring there anything thats not permissable to islam or you r gonna get the danbi for it. Bring something nice..chocolate (naah she will think u like her lol)...you know her better than us..give her something simple that you think she will appreciate that wont make her think you are hitting on her and yeah last bt not least something halaal lol..

salaam

Malika   

I would accept the 'ugly&tasteless gift' with a warm and encouraging smile,after the person leaves,I will then chuck it in the 'unwanted gifts box' in my loft for recycling to others..Lol

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

loooooool@ alcohol....ma saasa ka dhaba.

It's ok I guess to go over to a friend's party (even though usually crazy things take place..is uruuri bal qof muslin ah baa tahaye) but do not bring there anything thats not permissable to islam or you r gonna get the danbi for it. Bring something nice..chocolate (naah she will think u like her lol)...you know her better than us..give her something simple that you think she will appreciate that wont make her think you are hitting on her and yeah last bt not least something halaal lol..

salaam

aaliyah, how do u know crazy things take place? :D

anyways tangis for the advice, will figure something out.

underdog   

Originally posted by Nephissa:

....If the gift giver is someone that's not in a tight financial situation, knows me and my style, I would expect them to match their gift to my taste atleast...

Ok Princess, Greedy much?

I know you think you "deserve" a certain level, but maybe the giftgiver sees you at a different level.

A gift is a voluntary act which does not require anything in return.

I really think it's the thought that counts if it's a general gift.

But it's a different matter if it's an expected gift (for a special occasion)from someone you really care about. I think it's better to receive nothing than a shitty gift in such a case.

The only individual who made sense here and who's answer was concise and to the point was AAliyah416.

If someone gives you a gift then no matter what it is accept it in a warm and welcoming way and remember the kindness in the act. The gift can be a smile and not anything more, the least you can give back is a smile.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by underdog:

Ok Princess, Greedy much?

I know you think you "deserve" a certain level, but maybe the giftgiver sees you at a different level.

As Dr. Phil says, "I'm not responsible for how you perceive me, I'm only responsible for how I present myself." Therefore, Mr.Coloow, if they can not "see" me for the "princess" I am, maybe it is time for some new people in my life? icon_razz.gif . Anigoo Tiffany's ka shop gareesto sidee calal la ii siiyaa??? :rolleyes:

What would Obama be buying Oprah, ka soo qaad they're good friends or relatives..would he get her something 'duluf' from the 99 cents store, or because she is worth Zillions, and he's Gazzillionare he should be getting her a lot more then that; a diamond necklace or something else really expensive? I'm no Oprah, but laakin, yacnii waa example.. L0L.