Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Cuqdad

This word is being thrown around left to right like rice at Puerto Rican wedding. What are the symptoms of Cuqdad and how could one cure it. It was mostly confined to the politics section, it is seeping into the general section. Let's find cure before it takes over.

Ibtisam   

It is, when your judgment is clouded by one thing, and no matter waax luugu hoord diig, you cannot see beyond your on bias, angry or frustration. It is an emotional response often associated with pain, It can be based on a real foundation or a misconception. :D

^That's good defination of the term.

Symptoms:

Anger

Frustration

Bias

Cause:

Pain (Real or Percieved)

That's good start!

So, how does one cure it, and how could you tell

genuine oppisition to something from Cuqdad as some people could be passionately about their cause.

^^

I'm not trying to go off-topic, but lets try to be serious. Only the punties throw this word around in the politics section. I can give you multiple examples from yesturday alone.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

I only hear the punties in the political section of this forum over using this word. Who else uses it?

u have an example here :D ?

^ What if some SL also uses in 1 thread that just going on here in General? :D Sorry Che for muddying your thread..

Ok the only cute is to tell the person to let it go. Deep breath and let it go uuuuuuuuuuuuh..And you see them with the symptoms again, just ignore them.

Ibtisam   

^^^Here we have bias, I'm not a lander nor is Xidigo.

Che we could go around in circles.

I think education and recognizing that it is possible you have cudaad about something is a good start. Once you know you are bias or angry, you might need to go against your impulses and think more logical and rationally or force yourself to see the bigger picture. Concentrate and see if you can view the problem from others point of view. It is called the “What if syndrome”

Malika   

Che,

It's part and parcel of a prolonged civil war,instability of relation among Somalis right across the country.

20yrs have taken its toll,on all Somalis,either we see ourselves as one with cuqdaad or others but nevertheless it has slipped into our consciousness,the mistrust.

How to eradicate this poison in our minds?

I believe its an impossible task as of now,there is more propaganda to divide then to be of one.

G-G and Gheell.T..Let's not point fingers, solutions mates.

AfricaOwn...I will bite. Where do you think their cuqdad stems from?. And please be specific. "They hate Somaliland" mantra is just very general. Nobody gets up one day, and decides to hate someone.

Ibti...Good point, self recognition. I don't mean to put on the spot, but do you recognize some of those sypmtoms within you?

Malika...Certainly, the civil has taken its toll on the Somalipsyche. How do you think it affected you as someone who grew up outside Somalia?

The same ol' BS. "They want to secede because they're people filled with....." lol. I find it funny actually.

Sorry to derail your thread..

Che, I have been silly there, and honestly don't have an answer for your question. I would have advice you not to give a daam Shty of what some one believe of you or any thing else in that matter. If it some one you know or care about, then reason with them. Others ignore!!

Ibtisam   

Che, yes I have cuqaada about somethings. I often find myself editing posts in one particular area, because when I read it back I see how others might view/take it.

Someone cannot have cuqaad about everything. My cuqaad is belittling people’s pain/ suffering now or historically (for example the guy called Somalia an dhis rants about 1978 war, and the guy who signs off with california)

I also have a major cuqaad about people who follow individuals, I often assume there is more than meets the eye. With this assumption I often take everything they say as hot air or sound bite. I can be seen to undermine or even be rude to such individuals because I cannot understand how someone can support an individual (political or religious) and agree with them all the time. The prime examples who I run into are JB and Riyaal, Duke and Yey, Xiin and shariif, Theirry and Labour, CL and Conservitives...