Sign in to follow this  
juventina

How could they do this?

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/news/child-of+-13-stoned-to-death-in-somalia-20081031

I tried to find a discussion here on somaliaonline, but couldn't find one.

I can't understand such a bestial and deranged mentality as those people have. It is dark to live in a world where people do such thing. What is done to prevent this from happening again? The fact that it happened at all is unacceptable, how will those people be held responsible? How can a group of people plan and execute such a thing without any where along the line feeling the most basical human instinct: this is wrong.

if this story is true then we should be alarmed at these heinous punishments in the name of god......people should get over the virginity obsession because folks are losing their minds in trying to sustain this ideal hence the reason for circumsions and early marriages....im not condoning sex before marriage but we shouldn't lose our minds over others mistakes....what the hell happened to second chances and repenting?

but sis remember too that the media has a way of misconstruing things so dont be completely bought with the story.....

talk about contradictions....

Thoth   

I was very sad to hear about this happening, especially from anyone claiming to be a muslim. WAKEUP people, these things happen all over the world because of people claiming to follow the Koran. So many people have corrupted the words in the Koran for their own purposes. This is what makes us easy targets for the other religions today. These religions are what control other countries around the world today. When was the last time you ever heard of a christian, jew, buddist, or any other religions doing something like this. We hear about things like this happening all to often now. Don't tell me things like this happen, but the press doesn't report it. I am tired of us claiming the press is biased. There any many press agents out there who are not biased. This type of activity must be investigated, but the problem is, there is nobody to investigate it. The purpose of an investigation is to punish the criminals, not the victims, and then ensure it doesn't happen again. A 13 year old girl should have never been in this situation. In the end, we have a bunch of FAKE thugs, pretending to follow Islam for their own benefit. Talking about this is good, but lets see how many replies I get trying to cover this story up.

Ariadne   

Originally posted by Thoth:

When was the last time you ever heard of a christian, jew, buddist, or any other religions doing something like this. We hear about things like this happening all to often now. Don't tell me things like this happen, but the press doesn't report it.

um... yes... because catholic priests have a spotless record right?

A 13 year old girl should have never been in this situation.

I am agreed with you on that. The fact of the matter is this girl was raped which is one of the ultimate humiliations and when she sought justice she got painfully and slowly...killed...

now where is the justice in that? or even the humanity?

Thoth   

The priests never claimed that what they did was in teaching with their religion. My point was that she was punished according to our religion.

Cara.   

Actually, the Salem witch trials, the Spanish Inquisition, Jewish extremism in Palestine, and the Hindu practice of Sati (self-immolation by widows), are all well-known examples of violence perpetrated against the innocent and powerless in the name of religion.

Nothing new, unfortunately.

^^^But unlike those 'other' religions, Islam does NOT condone the actions of these deviants. I bet--if you looked closely-- you will find specific texts in the Bible and Bhagavad Gita that directed them to such actions, but in the Holy Quraan, there are NO Ayats ligitimizing the murder of innocents.

We need to distinguish between criminals who WANT to use Islam as an excuse for their crimes on the one hand and followers of the bona fide teachings of our Holy Prophet(PBUH) on the other hand.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Repulic Of California

Ariadne   

Originally posted by Thoth:

The priests never claimed that what they did was in teaching with their religion. My point was that she was punished according to our religion.

ahem ...punishment occurs when someone commits a crime...