Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Events In London

Curly   

I just thought all the londoners or the nomads visiting London this summer would be interested in this. Gives you all something to do on the weekends and it's pretty spectacular.

It's the Green and Docklands festival running through most of July. There will be aerial performances, pyrotechnics and an ocean of foam. The pictures from event in 2004 are absolutely amazing.

It starts tomorrow on Saturday 25th, Sunday 26th June with the Maritime Mysteries

9:30pm at the old royal naval college in Greenwich

There's also the dancing city on Saturday 9th July 1pm-5pm at Canary warf

AND the Renaissance saturday 16th July 9:30 at Three mills green in Bromley-by-bow

ALSO Drako Saturday 23rd July 9:30pm at the royal Arsenal in woolwich.

AND the finale festival on 30th July 8:30pm in roman road and it finishes in Mile end park.

All the events are free.

For more info get on the website www.festival.org

titlepic.jpg

airvag2.jpg

fn02a.jpggdifgall1a.jpg

gdifgall10a.jpg

Call me sad but I'm so excited by all this :D:D:D

dawoco   

Sue, you saddo :D

Nice pics, if i'm in london i'll probably b too lazy to go, and if im not, i won't feel bad cos i missed it.

Oh btw, isn't it sooo nice to finally have some rest from that heatwave? I have never hoped for it to rain as much as the past week.

Curly   

Is it raining?!

It's not in my part of town icon_razz.gif

Actually I quite like the heat and even if i rains it's alright...it reminds me of tropical weather :D

Foxy I can't believe you're not coming to it, :( AND you call me a sado...I know you'd rather spend your time in some thia restaurant icon_razz.gif or was that juxa?

Anyhoot where are you flying off too anywhere nice?

dawoco   

^You dnt knw what ur missing, it rained a little and now everything is nice n cool.

As for food, if its spicy, i'll eat it, i hate letting food go to waste :D But despite of that, what me dnt knw me dnt eat. My bro fed me a bunny once, sayin it was chicken, now i dnt go near anything i can't identify.

shyhem   

Psycho sue

U call this clowns exciting.I guess its true when they say the british have no sense of humour.Afterall didn't u'r king william say to his grilfriend my "dear i want to be u'r tampon".............uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that really really sounds baaaaaaad.

It looks like fun ain't the best thing u do.

Curly   

Twelfth Night

Duke of York's Theatre

Directed by Gregory Doran with award winning actor Richard Wilson (Victor Meldrew) as Malvolio.

Top price tickets usually £342.50 available for £25.

Offer valid Mon-Fri until 27th Feb, booking fee applies.

For booking call 0844 871 7623 and qoute

'metro celebrate the city'

Curly   

1001 Inventions (Islam and Science)

Suggested duration: 45 mins

Opening Dates: Thu 21 Jan 2010 - Sun 25 Apr 2010

Cost: Free

More things about: Art, Engineering, Everyday Things, Medicine and Biology, Physics and Maths

1001 Inventions traces the forgotten story of a thousand years of science from the Muslim world, from the 7th century onwards.

Featuring many interactive exhibits, displays and dramatisations, the exhibition explores the shared scientific heritage of diverse cultures and looks at how many modern inventions can trace their roots back to Muslim civilisation.

Exhibits include numerous electronic interactives, a reproduction of a 9th century flying device and a five-metre high replica of the “Elephant Clock”. The exhibition features more than sixty exhibits and a large screen displaying a mini-movie starring Oscar-winning actor Ben Kingsley as Al-Jazari, inventor of the fabled Elephant Clock. Find out more at the exhibition website.

Please be aware that this exhibition will be closed to the public February 25 – March 12 2010 inclusive.

Inspired by the exhibition, the Science Museum’s Dana Centre is running a programme of free adults-only evening events.

N.O.R.F   

IF GOD IS GOOD, WHY IS THERE EVIL IN THE WORLD?

With Hamza Andreas Tzortzis

Feb 5th 2010, 5:30PM

Kings College, Waterloo Campus, B5

The world is plagued with an array of distressing events - from international wars and large-scale natural disasters to domestic cases of horrific torture and abuse. But why exactly do these events feature in the world when God is supposed to be good? Hamza's discussion will explore this very question in what is anticipated to be a truly unmissable event!