Sign in to follow this  
Fouzia_Bella

skin lightening

hey guys...

i wanted to know what is your input on skin lightening. alot of girls use diana, what are the harmful effects effect? i hear so many horror stories about it but i dont know for sure if they are just myths or actually true.

i have a friend who's considering it, and i dont want her to do it only because of the things i heard. she's not dark, she's caramel complextion but she says she wants to use it to blend her stretch marks by lightening her skin so that it's not as noticable....does that work? what are the effects in the long run?

this is an interesting topic for me, and i would really appreciate your sincere inputs and advice.

thank you.

Rowda   

Walaalo its worst thing that someone could do to their face. This is what I know so far, it kills the skin layers of your face, as human we have seven layers and this creams kills each layer until you have nothing left.

How do I know this? By somali professional sister, who not only lecture us about how harmful this creams could be but she compare 5 girls faces whom 2 of them were regular users, by some machine that checks inside layer of your skin. The result, the 2 girls who were users had skin that look like a papper that has many holes, walaali am not lying, while the others had intact skin.

As somali girls we have beautiful skin and there is no need to change that & seriously do you see Farah doing the same thing? since most of the girls are doing because of Farah suuqa fadhiya.

Tell your friend that if she does this, the sun will be her biggest enemy and anything that has to do with cooking. If she is going do this regarless, than tell her to use the ones at the pharmacy at least it has being a proved.

The rest of you girls sun cream such as sp15, 30,etc is very good for your face.

Saalixa   

Diana does not bleach your skin like other creams do. It is a beauty cream and you have totally mistaken it to lighten the skin. It cleanses your skin and hey trust me it isn't only dark skined people who use it. Arabs use it...so do caucasions.

I would have no problem with using diana as a beauty cream...hey there is nothing wrong with taking care of your skin. For those you see that it makes a bleaching effect, that is because they use something else in accordance with it because diana has not those type of ingrediants.

Rowda   

Rudy walaalo afkaaga caana laguqabay, waadna maraqsan tahay.

Most of the facial creams have a limited time you could use and when one exceeds that limit than they're risking their health. Your face is your passport, the things you use when you're youth could hunt you down when you get older where you cells are less tolerent.

I'll check next time that I'm in the pharmacy but this is the only one that my roomate uses it. "Skin Success" it just lights the darker spots on your face and makes more smoother look but it really doesn't beach the skin. I'm sure there other creams that could have better results.

Rayaana sis, everything we use in this world have side effect and you right Diana is less harm compare to the real bleaching creams that somalis use such as "Dermovate" but the way I look at is, if you're under 3oyrs there is no reason for someone to use anykind of cream unless the doctor prescribed.

Bella, look the fingers of their hands or foot & you diffenatly have a reason not to use it. :eek:

Foxy   

As somali girls we have beautiful skin and there is no need to change that & seriously do you see Farah doing the same thing? since most of the girls are doing because of Farah suuqa fadhiya . :D:D:D Classic hallirious stuff

cheers

PS on a seriuos Note if one needs to use products that enhances Beauty let it be Skin lightening cream or whatever....please and please consult a specailist before U take any sorta of Action......Better saver than sorry

Blessed   

Some say,

the darker the berry

he sweeter the juice

I say,

the darker the skin

the deeper the roots

Tupac

Errrm other then that, there are specialy formulated stretch mark creams. Coconut and Aloe Vera are good healing strech / scratch marks.. smile.gif

Modesty   

My advice is to stay the way you are, there is an ancient adage that says if you follow others you will lose your way, but if you follow yourself, you will always find your way. Salaamu alaykum!

A women does need to make herself look pretty if it pleases her. However, I dont approve of light skin enhancement creams!!!

I once remember seeing this girl in a wedding in ATL. She looked cute and was light skinned. She came to my aunts to drop some stuff for her. She took off her shoes as she came in and I aint joking - her feet were as dark as the night sky!!...Damn.

I made an oath from that day onwards that I aint going to be fooled by a pretty face until I see the feet!!!.

;)

Castro   

Originally posted by Business_Man:

I made an oath from that day onwards that I aint going to be fooled by a pretty face until I see the feet!!!.
;)

So beauty = pretty face = light skin? I guess you remain a fool then.

Cuba + Castro = Stone Age thinking.

Not at all comrade. It just that, I aint going to be fooled by a cosmetically enhanced face but natural beauty counts high in my list!!!.

Its a mans nature soldier so live with it. Some nice cuban ladies out their though. I might be tempted to buy a ticket to havana to steal one of your daughters!. icon_razz.gif

loooool.

Abyen   

alham dulilah i am happy with the beautyful face that Allah blessed me with. i would never recomend any one to use any craem that changes their color cause that is just ****** . i heard Indian people and people from Djibouti use diana cream the most. i think it depends the person's self-esteem whether to use diana or not.