AbdillahiSamatar

The lack of real blame and Resolution in Somalia

2 hours ago, AbdillahiSamatar said:

What am I talking about? I am talking about the moral and ethnical failure of the people from the M.O.D clans refusal to stand up and admit their horrible mistake of destroying Somali civil society by introducing and making it O.K to support your clan above all else. This is what I am talking about and it is a critical mistake which should not to be taken lightly. 

You are free to express your opinion, and  tell us how you feel, I don't think you should be censored, , it may help you, how do you think SOMALIA's calamity is  caused by just one clan?

Explain yourself,  and your  background,  what traumas have you and your family  been through?  were you were an eye-witness, if not , who were your sources? 

This place has healed a lot of people.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

21 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

You are free to express your opinion, and  tell us how you feel, I don't think you should be censored, , it may help you, how do you think SOMALIA's calamity is  caused by just one clan?

The M.O.D alliance govern in a corrupt and hostile manner when it came to meeting the needs of the Somali citizenry. The clans in power refused to stand up for righteousness and fairness and instead supported the regime against those the government hated. This mistake poisoned Somali society for good and made sure there could be no national resistance but a clan resistance to the state.

25 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Explain yourself,  and your  background,  what traumas have you and your family  been through?  were you were an eye-witness, if not , who were your sources? 

I have explained my self numerous times and try to convey my arguments in a simple manner. My personal details are not important as my story is no more unique than a thousand other stories told by Somalis in the diaspora.  My research is both from European and Somali sources. These sources are well know and a simple google research will bring up their research papers and books.

33 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

This place has healed a lot of people.

I have no way of knowing if that is true. But there has been no healing in the real world for Somalis in general. The M.O.D clans need to come clean and apologies to the rest of the Somali nation and speak from a place of regret and ask the people for forgiveness. There will be no progress until the poison is removed first. People can make mistake but in order to move on there as to be accountability for those mistakes otherwise the abuse can happen again.

Arafaat   
15 hours ago, AbdillahiSamatar said:

What am I talking about? I am talking about the moral and ethnical failure of the people from the M.O.D clans refusal to stand up and admit their horrible mistake of destroying Somali civil society by introducing and making it O.K to support your clan above all else. This is what I am talking about and it is a critical mistake which should not to be taken lightly. 

Many people from those clans did stand up, please do look up about people like aun, Garaad Abdiqani who spoke up against Siyad Barre, Ali Khaliif Galeydh a senior Minister opposing the regime and becoming the most senior political exile, Dr.Mohamed Aden Sheick Health Minister and Parliamentarian convicted for treason and spending years in prison, and who then build the Hargeisa Children’s Hospital that has been named after him. Aden Abdullahi Gabyow former Defence Minister who was jailed and later on led the SPM. And many many others who were Senior Politicians, Military leaders, Artist, Academics, etc opposed him from wll Somali clans.

But you need to keep in mind that Somalia was under a military dictatorship in which power was concentrated in the hands of one man, and you will find in each clan people that cheered for him and supported him,  and those that opposed him. Somali’s are not bad people, neither are there bad clans but try to look for more facts, listen to different people and what they have witnessed, only then you get a full picture of what happened. 

• Thanks 1

There were many who bravely stood against the dictator from all clans.

Check the Somali's last chance to save government and manifesto group who extremely brave and told the truth to Siyad, who were these people? How many from this group?

Prof. Ibraahim Mahamuud Abyan, one of the best intellectuals of the country, and was later butchered by cruel and headless USC, Garad Abdiqani were some of them I can remember, 

How many singers stood against Siyaad? Do you know Saado Ali Warsame, AUN 

Read abt manifesto here

WWW.BIYOKULULE.COM

8 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Many people from those clans did stand up, please do look up about people like aun, Garaad Abdiqani who spoke up against Siyad Barre, Ali Khaliif Galeydh a senior Minister opposing the regime and becoming the most senior political exile, Dr.Mohamed Aden Sheick Health Minister and Parliamentarian convicted for treason and spending years in prison, and who then build the Hargeisa Children’s Hospital that has been named after him. Aden Abdullahi Gabyow former Defence Minister who was jailed and later on led the SPM. And many many others who were Senior Politicians, Military leaders, Artist, Academics, etc opposed him from wll Somali clans.

But you need to keep in mind that Somalia was under a military dictatorship in which power was concentrated in the hands of one man, and you will find in each clan people that cheered for him and supported him,  and those that opposed him. Somali’s are not bad people, neither are there bad clans but try to look for more facts, listen to different people and what they have witnessed, only then you get a full picture of what happened. 

Individuals standing up is one thing but what I am talking about is mass protest from the general population. The general population of the M.O.D clan alliance were in full support of the regime until the bitter end because like Xaaji Xunjuf said "they thought they would never lose power" which is why they never thought they would be held accountable for the human right abuses they inflicted on the population. Even to this day the M.O.D populace refuses to admit what they did was evil and amoral. 

17 hours ago, AbdillahiSamatar said:

Individuals standing up is one thing but what I am talking about is mass protest from the general population. The general population of the M.O.D clan alliance were in full support of the regime until the bitter end because like Xaaji Xunjuf said "they thought they would never lose power" which is why they never thought they would be held accountable for the human right abuses they inflicted on the population. Even to this day the M.O.D populace refuses to admit what they did was evil and amoral. 

Who was the most hated clan of Siad Barre? Even before he overthrew the Somali government led by *** president, he was filled with enmity of the Puntland clan and he hated them so much that he made sure no military officer took senior position in the Somali military. Do you also know the low level officers who tried to overthrow him in 1978 were mostly from that clan? Do you also know that the first rebel group SSDF were from same tribe as him? Do you know anything about Mudug and Nugal uprising and what happened to the Somali people in those regions?

You seemed to have been fed with one sided story. Go out of your comfort zone and talk to different people from different tribes than yours so might get balanced view of the Somali hostory.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mastermind said:

Who was the most hated clan of Siad Barre? Even before he overthrew the Somali government led by *** president, he was filled with enmity of the Puntland clan and he hated them so much that he made sure no military officer took senior position in the Somali military. Do you also know the low level officers who tried to overthrow him in 1978 were mostly from that clan? Do you also know that the first rebel group SSDF were from same tribe as him? Do you know anything about Mudug and Nugal uprising and what happened to the Somali people in those regions?

You seemed to have been fed with one sided story. Go out of your comfort zone and talk to different people from different tribes than yours so might get balanced view of the Somali hostory.

Do you know the difference between clan motivated protest and a civil national protest of ordinary citizens? Siad Barre taught the Somali people there is no state where people can resolve their legitimate grievances in a peaceful way. The "state" is a private bank account of Mr Barre and his people only, this is what Barre showed the Somali people in a clear manner. Somalis at that time did not feel like the state was a system that could meet their needs but also the state became a destructive poison that was making life difficult for them. So they did the only option available to them....open war and total destruction of this state in order to gain freedom. This is a actually a  logical response to all the human right abuses and singling out particular clans, as messed up as it is.

The moral failures of the Barre's clan and his supporters is what as kept Somalia in a dysfunctional state to this day and not "the rebellion". Talking openly and discussing this moral and ethnical failure of the Barre government will help Somalis move forward from this evil episode of our history.

BTW The Puntland clan help evacuate Barre out the back door back in 1991 when the USC entered Mogadishu. Abdillahi Yusuf later regretted inciting rebellion if it would lead to state collapse. But this "state" was a threat to Somalis not of the government clan. 

If you want Somalia to move forward into the light and leave behind the darkness it is currently in. Then you cannot do it without coming clean about the evil failure of Barre and his clan supporters . This will wash the pale blue flag from the innocent blood it is currently soaked it. Nothing is going to change Somalia for the better until his truth is confronted and dealt with.

Have you seen this image below, Mr Blamer? All these ministers serving well for Siyaad Barre were your Reer Waqooyi uncles. 

Ecn-Lf-AOVAAAHyd-W.jpg

Now, using and following your esteemed logic, do you blame all Reer Waqooyi too as well? Especially when this picture was taking in 1970s, Kacaanka were burying wells in Mudug and Nugaal in the name of fighting jabhad from there. Now, should all Reer Waqooyi apologize for this? 

6 minutes ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Have you seen this image below, Mr Blamer? All these ministers serving well for Siyaad Barre were your Reer Waqooyi uncles. 

Ecn-Lf-AOVAAAHyd-W.jpg

Now, using and following your esteemed logic, do you blame all Reer Waqooyi too as well? Especially when this picture was taking in 1970s, Kacaanka were burying wells in Mudug and Nugaal in the name of fighting jabhad from there. Now, should all Reer Waqooyi apologize for this? 

That's weird since the Puntland clan made peace with Barre after he "plugged" their wells and killed their people, where they not the first rebel group to form? SSDF made peace with Barre after he address their concerns. The SNM were never given such treatment and the in fact the government felt the SNM clan needed to be put in their "place" and subjugated as he saw them as not his people. Did Barre ever consider talking to the SNM in 1981? Any civilised government would address the concerns of its citizens and not act in a hostile manner when such grievances are brought up to be addressed after all they live in the northern part of the same country. The Puntland clan were seen as closer to Barre and so were shown understanding but SNM were mistreated and its people experienced human right abuses because they were considered lesser and thus not part of the "in group". This evil is what destroyed Somalia and not fighting between government forces and rebel groups. 

Shurwac   

For secessionist fanatic you ain't that bright.  Forget this M.O.D allegiance crap 30/40 years ago, and Go hug a tree to feel better...

8 minutes ago, Shurwac said:

For secessionist fanatic you ain't that bright.  Forget this M.O.D allegiance crap 30/40 years ago, and Go hug a tree to feel better...

The root of this evil is your kin folk refusal to recognise the gravity of their moral failure. This prevents real progress for the failed state of Somalia.

1 hour ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

How do you know who Shirwac's kin and clan are?

So you admit now you are a secessionist? If so, waxba meelaha hala gamban. 

I knew from his first post. He is making a lipstick on a pig argument so he could eventually reach his real motivation.

Everybody dutifully served the Kacaanka government it turned on them.

3 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

How do you know who Shirwac's kin and clan are?

So you admit now you are a secessionist? If so, waxba meelaha hala gamban. 

1. I don't know for sure but I responded to his question as if he was.

2. I admit nothing and I am not wasting anyone's time.

But the fact that none of the southern clans have any remorse or guilt about the actions of their respected government officials means that the future for the current "government" of Somalia is very dim. I concluded that Somaliland can not reconcile with such ethnical and moral failings and should move ahead with U.N membership. After all the Jewish people never reconciled with the Nazis nor did the Bosnians reconciled with Croatians. 

This is the logical conclusion that I have reached after reading the replies and if these replies are a proportional representation of the real world then the Somalia story has already ended and Somaliland is almost there in its pursuit of U.N membership and maybe this is the moral equaliser that will help the southern clans reflect on their character as being of a low nature. Somalis need wisdom and answers to their failings and maybe Somaliland can show the rest what moral and ethnics looks like in reality. I suspect it will be a hard lesson for them to digest and they may not be able to admit the gravity of the lesson as a whole just might be beyond their capacity. Thus the problem of Somalia was never Somalilanders but the bad actors and their evil supporters....that is all.

Note: You can close the thread if you want moderators.