AbdillahiSamatar

The lack of real blame and Resolution in Somalia

From my analysis of the Somali conflict from 1977-1991 only one group are truly responsible for the destruction of the country that was formed on 1st July 1960 called Somalia. The one clan that had total power and exercised all power against those that raised opposition against the military government was the *** clan. Had they stood up and said what Muhammed Said Barre was doing is wrong and as a result should be removed from power I believe Somalia would exist today. The *** clan's actions told other Somali clans that it is ok to support your clan at all cost .In fact this message goes even deeper by saying there is no other way for you to live other than living in a clan enclave and not a nation state.

I believe everything that happened from 1977 onwards was a reaction to this governments human right abuses and the *** refusal to condemn and oppose such evil. This decision brought about the destruction of the Somali state and its cultural fabric (what little it had to begin with) and explains why we as Somalis cannot work together in the 21st century today. Which also explains why there was such hostiles to the *** during the rebel wars and why the USC turned on the *** citizens in Mogadishu after the fall of Barre in 1991. This was not simply a fight between rebel groups but a deeper and more sinister conflict that Somalis were not ready for and I don't believe even the *** realised how huge their error was and misjudge the anger towards them.

This lack of character doomed the Somali people and the nation called Somalia. I don't hate any clan but from my research the *** clan had the power and means to save Somalia from total destruction. Farmaajo is another leader linked to the kacaan era leaders who resided in Washington when the civil war was raging back home. Somalia needs leaders who can speak the truth to the people as the citizens are suffering from many types of traumas. The healing cannot begin until this topic is discussed out in the open and analysed by the people.

Note: I do not mean to break forum rules by mentioning clan names but I had no choice but to, in order to make sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Samatar, what is your intention for this thread than to cause division?

This thread is intended to explore the refusal of Somalis to tackle the problems they face head on. The assignment of blame to one clan is important as it shows that the problem has a root. If the source cannot be identified in earnest and the actions of said group not understood there will be much confusion between the older generation and the younger. A universal truth needs to be synthesised from this state collapse and then taught to the Somali people has the lessons provide real wisdom as to how to prevent such a case from occurring again. Somalis have not learned these lessons because nobody has explained the relationship between cause and effect. In this case it would be the M.O.D clans that were in power and their failure to step forward and address the concerns of the Somali citizenry in a civilised manner. The resistance to the dictator would have been a Somali national one instead of it descending into clan rebel groups fighting to regain their "homeland" not understanding that Somalia is the only homeland we have. But the M.O.D group instead decided to engage in human right abuses against other clans. This decision change the course of Somalia's history for good and made sure the identity of the clan would always supersede the identity of the nation. I hope you understand this point as it is most critical. This also explains why Somalis in general cannot work or get alone with each other without first knowing the person's clan as this creates some easy in an other anonymous world. 

How do you expect to put Somalia back together again if the failure and evil of the M.O.D clans are not address? Let bygone be bygone is not enough and shaking hands can never heal the current Somalia. You may say that 30 years have passed and the moment is over and we are looking to the future. But this is simply window dressing the problem. There is someone to blame and that someone needs to come clean and apologise to the Somali people for making clan more important than nation. This is the simple truth even after all the analysis and data collecting is done. Then make sure the lessons are taught to future generations of Somalis if this wisdom is to be put to good use.

On 8/12/2021 at 9:54 AM, AbdillahiSamatar said:

Why do you need to know my age?

It is really important that you tell us how old you are so we can address you accordingly. If you are little teenager that does not know much then I can educate you. But if you are mature man and you are blaming a whole lot of tribe on what a Siyad Barre did then you are beyond repair and you should be left alone in your ignorance.

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

It is really important that you tell us how old you are so we can address you accordingly. If you are little teenager that does not know much then I can educate you. But if you are mature man and you are blaming a whole lot of tribe on what a Siyad Barre did then you are beyond repair and you should be left alone in your ignorance.

Then who should be blame for the moral and ethnical failure of this clan? The M.O.D alliance clans did not speak out against the human right abuses of the regime. This lack of moral foresight prevented the issue from transcending clan loyalties. Do you not see this? In other countries where the dictator abuses his power the population raise up together in the national interest and remove the dictator from power, like in Romania. The reason why the same situation did not unfold in Somalia is simple the M.O.D clans were morally and ethnically bankrupt and this vacuum prevent any national unity from forming. Since M.O.D regime Ok'ed clan allegiance above national loyalty and state integrity. This mistake cost Somalis a nation state to call home for good.

• Like 1

Good point I totally agree. The reconciliations cannot begin if the person who or the clan in this case  that did the evil. Doesn't take responsibility. The issue is the supporters of afweyne mostly his clan never thought they would lose power. That's why his kin supported him till the bitter end. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2021 at 7:19 AM, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Samatar, what is your intention for this thread than to cause division?

He wants to create more grievance brigades.

Another “ waana la xasuuqey” calaacal, so beesha caalamka baliis Ictiraaf hana la siiyo.

Once a hapless, helpless and hopeless h@bar, I guess always a hapless, helpless and hopeless h@bar, eh. 😁

Weligiin magacyada aad SOL wax ku qortaan soo kala baddala, the defunct secessionist ideology of some northerners has been fully debunked and has been found wanting. It ain’t gonna happen, so the sooner you accept it the better it will be for your collective mental states of mind.

1 hour ago, maakhiri1 said:

What is he talking about 

What am I talking about? I am talking about the moral and ethnical failure of the people from the M.O.D clans refusal to stand up and admit their horrible mistake of destroying Somali civil society by introducing and making it O.K to support your clan above all else. This is what I am talking about and it is a critical mistake which should not to be taken lightly. 

• Like 1

^
I and Somalia against the world.
I and my clan against Somalia.
I and my family against the clan.
I and my brother against the family.
I against my brother.– Somali Proverb

… need we say more?