Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Mismatched names, character and personality

Nehanda   

Che- I don't think your name would have much of an impact on your character.

I am assuming that many parents choose a name for their infant because they like it for various reasons. Even if they genuinely believe that the particular name they chose would embody the nature of their child that is not necessarily the case. You are more likely to be shaped by your environment and belief than a mere name or date of birth.

The Zack   

Originally posted by Nephissa:

Shamsudin, your name is one of my favourite. There are names that I like because of how they sound/look and what nicknames can be used with the name, like Zak, Mo and Fufu. Ma aragtay the CNN commentator la dhaho, Fareed Zakaria??? Ninkas magaciisa waan ku khafiifaaa..

Thanks and I agree that it is kinda cool in lasoo gaabin karo those names like you said. Lool@ninkaas magaciisa waan ku khafiifaa.

-Lily-   

I think it’s hard to live up to personalized names, for example, the daughter of a relative of ours is called Dhuubo, she is nothing of the sort.

It's still important to give strong & beautiful names to kids though.

Ms DD   

lol @dhuubo Lily

I would change that name supito if i were here. I heard Dhexyarey, but it could have been a nick. What is with somalis calling someone exact opposite of what they are?

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Haneefah:

.... in my life who always made me feel like the
'beloved'
one. Didn't really have to work that hard for it.
:D

Now, I know Haneefa's name. Ii waran MUXUBO. :D

^L0L. Walle waad dhib badantahay abtigiis :D

Sheherazade copy,L0L!@Delicate and flower. Huuno,you are delicate. All those loudness and toughness is just a front. It is tellin in your eyes smile.gif

The Zack   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

What is with somalis calling someone exact opposite of what they are?

Those people looked like that when those names were being chosen for them. Like this dhuubo girl used to be real skinny when she was baby or kid, she changed now! LOL. Sorry the name can't be changed, it is just too late.

Nephissa   

When I hear names like "Luul" and "Sulekha", I picture these beatiful, beautiful women that you can't take your eyes off them as if they had just stepped out of the pages of VS catalogue!

When I hear names like "Luul" and "Sulekha", I picture these beatiful, beautiful women that you can't take your eyes off them as if they had just stepped out of the pages of VS catalogue!

:D:D Me too. I have met A Sulekha(whom I heard so much about) and lets just say the name didnt match redface.gif @ joining the gossip wagon.

Blessed   

You're meant aspire to be like the person you're named after or it's a reflection of what your parents want or hope for you, how they felt about your birth or it's just a pretty name.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Haneefah:

Mom and dad were trying to have a daughter for a very long time before I came, and when they finally had me, everyone wanted to name me, but the honour went to my maternal grandpa whom no one could disagree with - it was so important for him that I'd be given this name that he had to send witnesses to my wan-qal, as I was told. So yes! I've always had the blessing (alhamdulilah) of being surrounded by loving people in my life who always made me feel like the
'beloved'
one. Didn't really have to work that hard for it.
:D

Paragon, I know a couple with your name, they are all culama
smile.gif

Thanks dear. Soo ducee.

Adigu magacaaga iyo dabeecadaaduba waa esh calaa. If I were to name you in Somali it'll most probably be: Suuban. Serene character. smile.gif

Nephy, don't know? :D