Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Mismatched names, character and personality

The Zack   

Why don't y'all just say your names, I mean your first names only (maxaa ka baqeysaan?)so we can help u with the real meaning of your names?

P.s. What does Zakariya mean?

Paragon   

They said that anyone with my name should either become; ama caalin noqoy ama caasi noqoy. I think I'd like to believe that I am approaching the former rather than the latter.

Haneefah   

Mom and dad were trying to have a daughter for a very long time before I came, and when they finally had me, everyone wanted to name me, but the honour went to my maternal grandpa whom no one could disagree with - it was so important for him that I'd be given this name that he had to send witnesses to my wan-qal, as I was told. So yes! I've always had the blessing (alhamdulilah) of being surrounded by loving people in my life who always made me feel like the 'beloved' one. Didn't really have to work that hard for it. :D

Paragon, I know a couple with your name, they are all culama smile.gif

Nephissa   

Paragon, what's the male equivalent of the name"Faantooy" called?

Shamsudin, your name is one of my favourite. There are names that I like because of how they sound/look and what nicknames can be used with the name, like Zak, Mo and Fufu. Ma aragtay the CNN commentator la dhaho, Fareed Zakaria??? Ninkas magaciisa waan ku khafiifaaa..

I don't know if my name matches my personality. I am not so sure if am so praiseworthy or more commendable. Eitherways, I love me name.

Faraxbrawn,however matches me to the T. Half of me,is quite faraxish & the other half quite brownish(namewise,mo dern,i guess). ;)

Ibtisam   

My name does not match my personality, I don't know who named me, but whoever did had hoped I would be a beautiful soft, sweet smelling exotic pink flower. :mad: Instead I'm angry, butch, loud and scruffy. :D LOL They would be most disappointed.

Which reminds me, there is apparently a correlation between names and success levels. Research apparently also indicates that kid with surnames start from A-J are more likely to be confident successful leaders, because as early are nursery, they are picked on to go first in everything while the kids with surnames later in the alphabet are always last. Hence they are lazy, shy, not confident faliures. So what does your surname start with and where are you in life? :D