Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Polygamy - a realistic option for somali women 30+yrs old

Khayr   

Originally posted by Adam.:

A human Alpha male is the XY half of the 'Alpha pair', the other half ofcourse is the XX Alpha female. Polygamy without good cause i.e 'low-population'/'shortage of men' is an unprogressive and animalistic inferiority complex comparable to the ''little man'' syndrome where the tiny guy feels he always has to prove himself by being extra aggressive, similary with our case the Polygamous individual by hitching with more females than is necessary, believes his manhood increases as a result.

Poor Beta males, i pity them.

My dear chap,

Have you any knowledge of History?(Polygamy was always the NORM and not the EXCEPTION) of human psychology? of the changing demographics? :confused:

Unsigned   

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I just come across this,,,

The Vicky Pollard's of this world 'will save humanity'

She is a moody teenager with at least 12 children but Vicky Pollard is going to save humanity from extinction.

Females like the Little Britain character, who sleep around, will produce generations of both boys and girls, a study shows.

If all women had children with just one partner, the planet would eventually be 100 per cent female and human beings would be wiped out, a report found.

By having multiple partners – known as polyandry – women reduce the spread of a certain chromosome that would lead to all female offspring.

Experts carried out the experiment by studying fruit flies – which share 60 per cent of human genes. Some were given multiple partners and others were restricted to one mate each.

Over 15 generations, five of the 12 monogamous populations died out because of a lack of males, said experts from Plymouth and Liverpool universities.

‘Polyandry is a widespread phenomenon in nature,’ said Prof Nina Wedell, writing in the journal Current Biology.

‘This study is the first to suggest it could save a population from extinction.’

Chimera   

Khayr stop embarrassing yourself, 'Monogamy' was the mainstream form of marriage, not polygyny, which was usually practiced by the rich of society, who were demographically speaking always a tiny minority compared to the vast poor majority. Secondly i don't see why a succesful Somali lady over the age of 30 should settle for a polygamous guy and become a second-class wife when there are plenty of 30+ single Somali men.

Khayr   

Secondly i don't see why a succesful Somali lady over the age of 30 should settle for a polygamous guy and become a second-class wife when there are plenty of 30+ single Somali men.

plenty? women out number men easily in the somali community.

Again, your arguments are based on emotions. I'm not going to try to make "sense" to someone, when they are thinking "emotionally".

Chimera   

Thanks for indirectly confirming that your earlier point of ''polygyny being historically the norm'' was wrong, by ignoring my rebuttal.

As for your other weak argument of women outnumbering men in our community, where is the proof? How do you know the excess of females are actually adults, capable of entering serious commitments like 'marriage'?

Where is zie proof, mein herr?

Janna   

I could not read this thread without making a comment. I cannot the life of me still comprehend how someone, the original poster; Khayr Waaye, saying such a thing, the so-called pious man. What steamed you to say this? Is it out of jealously? Because you have no right to determine or prompt their calaf. As far as I am concerned it is nothing more than the tactics of 'qalbi jabis'. I have seen Somali girls who have reached the so-called 'ripe age' of 30 who married an educated, successful, single guy. One final reminder, age does not depend on marriage. What Allah wills will happen. Not the opinion of a jahil Somali man on the chase to score number 2, 3, 4 wives. The only way he feels he can succeed is to crush the hopes of a strong minded girl.

Back in the days in Somalia I have been informed that it was physical abuse used against Somali women to bend to the will of a Somali man. Now, that it is modern times, our men have upgraded to emotional abuse since this is a greater tool to crush those women that are above them.

Where I am from, our common practice is that a girl must be over 20 to be married.

Anyone who remotely shares his opinion should jump off a bridge. With this kind of ideology, it takes us 50 years back.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Janna:

Back in the days in Somalia I have been informed that it was physical abuse used against Somali women to bend to the will of a Somali man. Now, that it is modern times, our men have upgraded to emotional abuse since this is a greater tool to crush those women that are above them.

Spare us these hearsay 'unsubstantiated' sob stories of 'Old Somalia', Somali women were always a force to be reckoned with in Somali society, not these pathetic docile creatures that your painting in your post. They could marry whomever and where ever. It was common back in Somalia for a woman to divorce and marry, then divorce and again re-marry, and none of these situations were polygamous marriages where she became a second or third wife and none were done under duress.

Secondly Khayr doesn't speak for all 30+ or young Somali males, who from my own experience don't fear women who are more succesful than them, which in our community is actually nothing but a myth, so i'd appreciate it if you didn't generalise or threw us all under the same damn bus.

Cabdow   

MONOGAMY is the rule in ISLAM and POLYGAMY is only an exception allowed subject to certain conditions. Polygamy is neither mandatory, nor encouraged, but merely permitted in Islam. Permission to practice polygamy is not associated with mere satisfaction of passion. It is rather associated with compassion toward widows and orphans as it was stated in the Quran:

"And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice between them, then marry only one or what your right hands possess: this is more proper that you may not deviate from the right course" (4:3).

This permission of Polygamy was given at a time when the wars, which were forced on the Muslims, had decimated the men, so that many widows and orphans were left for whom it was necessary to provide. A provision was made in the form of polygamy so that the widow should find a home and protector and the orphans should have paternal care and affection.

Khayr, so you want a woman to go from shame and depression to an orgy?

Ma sharciguu Illahay soo dajiyay, Rasuukiisana (scw) adeecay baad ku tilmaamtay "Orgy" inna lillahi wa ina Illayhi rajicuun!

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Adam.:

Sisters that become second/third/etc wives, or allow their husbands to have several more spouses are such ignorant WEAKLINGS. If i ever hear something like that coming out of the mouth of the person i love, i would drop her on the spot, like a brick. These polygamous brothers who have difficulty maintaining what they already are responsible for, should stop deluding themselves thinking their a 15th century Mamluk Sultan.

What he said;

Tuujiye   

ciyalkiya jail kuwada jira, nimanki aa yaraday (biggest rumour in decades), gabdhihi waa wada garoob, nimanki wa wada loosers, Taliban bey nu wada noqonay, diinti ba laga tagay, dhaqanki ba la illoway ...I mean really, put a sock in it. If everyone just focused on their own sh*t we would see some progress.

loooooooooool ar lily oo xanaaqday iikoow!!! lool classic!!!

Lily dadkaan suuraha badan in lawada Marjiyo ee ku fiican yihiin...oo ukun madaxa loogaga jibiyo

Wareer Badanaa!!!