Khayr

Polygamy - a realistic option for somali women 30+yrs old

Khayr   

Salams,

what is more shameful and depressing:

- Getting Old ALONE or

- Being part of a polygamous family

Juxa   

there is difference between being alone and being lonely.

you of all people should know qof walba calafkeeda alle baa qoray, it will come when the time is right!

polygamous relationship is not for everyone. it involves alot of responsibilities failing which we both know the prescribed punishment under the religion.

Naden   

^ Zafir! long time no read :D

Khayr, so you want a woman to go from shame and depression to an orgy? That's a religious man for you right there.

I am not sure there is anything wrong with polygamy, its not agaisnt Islam. Though it would depend on the individual.

I dont know why, Zafir is mad at the brother, its uncalled for.

Naden, what orgy? Thats forbidden.

So I for one dont get your point..

Naden   

El Generale, what's there not to get? One man plus 2 or 3 or 4 women. Marvin Gaye in the background. Let's Get It On......

Now if you throw another dude in the mix, then you have a haraam situation.

Comprende?

Zafir   

Was the issue of polygamy being against Islam raised Generale?

Are single Somali men Extinct Generale? and Why do you think polygamy is a realistic option to "Somali women 30+" yaa generale?

I am assuming you read and understood what Kheyr ma qabe wrote.

Hello Naden, I know it's been a while.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Naden:

El Generale, what's there not to get? One man plus 2 or 3 or 4 women. Marvin Gaye in the background. Let's Get It On......

Now if you throw another dude in the mix, then you have a haraam situation.

Comprende?

ahem, ahem....you been watching something else Naden and it ain't G rated. Marvine Gaye, lets get it on..... redface.gif

There is modesty and etiquettes in the deen. There is no such as an orgy in the deen.

So relax Naden! Myth busteddddd :D

Originally posted by Naden:

One man plus 2 or 3 or 4 women. Marvin Gaye in the background. Let's Get It On......

Comprende?

No, Naden my sister, the religion forbids such things; a man can only be with one of his wives at any time. Thus the whole R, rated scenario is not viable. That was funny though, but not feasible in a Muslim household.

Like I said before dear, its up to the individual and there are certain requirements. I can see some of you are getting angry , and no doubt the delivery of the message should have been better. Zafir, sister yes, there are plenty of single Somali men, who want to marry sisters of any age group. However if a woman falls in love with a man, and he is married why should they not get married, if he is able to ?

Lol! So, your original post in the women's section was deleted eh?

Naden,

we sure think the same. Istaqfurulah in advance, but I always picture ehem..group..thingy.. whenever I think of Polygamy, especially in situations where the women are so dependant on the men and are ignorant about their religious rights. I always think, hmm.. whats stopping this guy to tell these women that group activity is normal and desirable?

Juxa   

although polygamy is permissable, the idea of your husband with another, wife or not is unthinkable to many many many many many women.

bilaa caleek this sort of topics always make me reach for baangad

Malika   

^ :D , do you think women would prefer if he sneaks around the alleyways?

CH&Naden

God forbid..Lets not try to 'uglify' polygamy,it is a practice that has been done for centuries in our culture and religion.

At the end of the day it is a life choice of some,just like the life choices of those whom dont go into polygamy marriages.

Malika cadeey. Walahi I'm not trying to "uglify" it, it's just an automatic thing for me. My brain just goes there. And I immedietly repent.

although polygamy is permissable, the idea of your husband with another, wife or not is unthinkable to many many many many many women.

bilaa caleek this sort of topics always make me reach for baangad

I second that! I, for one,amnot into sharing at all! :eek:

Although Khayr made a bad case for it but nevertheless I agree with him 100%.

It's the only halal solution unless of course you want to get yourself a mistress like they do in the west and other societies where polygamy is not acceptable.

Women who are of a certain age and can't find a suitable husband if a married suitor comes her direction, what's wrong with that? That is compassion in my books and therefore the only logical and permissible way.

Women already outnumber men to a certain number percentage, which I don't have right now, so if every women can't get a husband, why not allow her to co-share?

Or are you saying, she doesn't have the right and is not entitled to the same emotional and material needs as you are? Only because you're lucky and already have a husband, what about the 100's who will be husbandless?

Don't they have the same needs as you have? Aren't they entitled to the same things you inspire to? A happy married life, children and grandchildren?

Why be against it, if we know already that women outgrew men? And that this option exists as prescribed to us by Allaah, to ensure that these women don't go husbandless and childless.

So in short and conclusion 'love the same upon others what you love upon thyself'.