Sign in to follow this  
B

How Would You Like To Die?

B   

I have always had a fascination with dying spectacularly. Here are the details:

On a podium giving a party speech having been elected to a second unanimous election victory over the rivals - Somali Baris party and NGONGE now defunct Liberals.

In the previous govt, my party introduced a many new policies that make Somalia now a middle-income country, 4th highest growing economy in Africa and 15th in the world and is a leader in the soya beans industry. Somalia is now part of the international community and has recently hosted the African Nations Cup and plans to host an investment forum and is set to host the forth coming AU summit in Hargeisa, now the capital city. There are press freedoms, Somalia have gone through a process of authenticité, ridding Somalia of all foreign ideologies and cultures.

My govt has been dealing with civil unrest and fighting a splinter cell advocating Somalia’s return to Islamic law, we have had many confrontations with this group but they have been ousted, their leader killed with the cooperation of the Israeli intelligence service. The group was recently infiltrated and many of their senior commanders were arrested and sentence to life imprisonment.

Whilst giving an important policy speech on fighting terrorism, I am shot in the heart and neck by a young over-zealous Islamist sympathiser. I die in hospital after a week of intrigue and speculations about my health, covered by international news agencies. The nation mourns my death and many international dignitaries attend my funeral.

After two years of an interim govt the country descends into anarchy and I am immortalised as the greatest ever Somali statesmen! :D

I have always had a fascination with dying spectacularly.

Not a healthy 'fascination' to have buddy. having buried my aunt not long ago, i can tell you it scared me shitless (sorry for langauge if offended). getting down in the qabri to recieve the body and lay it to rest, has changed my life.

It was my first ever funeral :eek:

i think of death just like evryone else, but instead of being fascinated i am usually scared of the consequences my actions will have on me in the after life. Thats why i'm scared.

anyway it was a productive experience for me as i live and grew up in a society where the realities of life/death are often overlooked.

i just hope you were joking when saying that statement. :confused:

the beauty of death is usually you don't know when your going to die. it can happen anywhere anytime. thats the beauty of it.

Ibtisam   

Even at death you dream about attention seeking. :eek: :eek:

IF I had to choice, which I can't I would die in hajj, if I can't have that in my prayer room, on my muslaha, and no one but my family will know, care or talk about it or in thepath of fighting injustice, something greater than ME and fame.

B if you are going to dream, dream big and worthy things.

Juxa   

Originally posted by B:

hmmm nice notions, would you also like 2 tons of fire work, a display that can be seen across the river and you tacsi catered by gordon ramsey

Polanyi   

In you, the Creator, I raise my longing, and even if I am, O Possessor of Kindness and Generosity, an evildoer, a criminal...

When my heart became hardened and my paths became narrow,

I took my hope in Your pardon and forgiveness as an opening and an escape,

My sins seemed very great to me but when I compared them to Your forgiveness,

I found Your forgiveness to be far greater,

You are and still remain the only One who can forgive sins,

You grant and forgive out of Your benevolence and generosity,

Perhaps the One who is the source of all goodness will forgive and overlook my mistakes,

And will hide the sins and burden that I accumulated,

My sins seemed very great to me, so I turned (to You) in humility,

Were it not for my contentment in you, I wouldn't, O my Lord, have seen any comfort at all,

So if You forgive me, You would have forgiven a sinner, A rebellious, oppressive tyrant still sinning,

So my crime is very great, past and present, But Your forgiveness that embraces Your servant is greater and higher,

So whomsoever holds fast to Allaah is truly saved from mankind, And whosever's hopes are in Him, will be far removed from any regrets.'

Imam Shafi'

B   

Originally posted by nuune:

is the bridge getting closer by any chance
:D

I will never commit suicide my friend. This is for weak people. I will have a cynide bullet around my neck before being killed in a disgraceful manner.

B   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

B is sure confused about death and what it entails as Marx was about almost everything
:D

I am aware of death my friend. Its the only certainty in life.

B   

Originally posted by Juxa:

quote:Originally posted by B:

hmmm nice notions, would you also like 2 tons of fire work, a display that can be seen across the river and you tacsi catered by gordon ramsey
You might also add Angels by Robbie Williams.

B   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

B if you are going to dream, dream big and worthy things.

I didnt just die in vain my friend, I did after all build a country and rescue it from the claws of evil and anarchy.