Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

How Do You Define Yourself As a Somali? As An African or an Arab??

People like to put other people in different categories. Somalian are in Africa but look different from the Bantu Africans and dont speak Arabic, which is the best way to define an arab?

what are we? arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Who's Somalian horta?

Must you or Sayid always ask this? :mad: redface.gif:D

I define myself as half woman, half man made...Of course with the help of Allah...

^You left MMA?

But yes, how hard is it to say Somali icon_razz.gif

Identity is fluid concept.It could be linguistic,religious,political or physical. I could base my identity on one or more of these and everytime I emphasize one over the other, my identity evolves.

Curly   

Sorry to rubbish your post Queen but Somalis are Africans plain and simple...I'm tired of people discussing this over and over like it's up for debate. Africans are very diverse, so don't let anyone tell you you're not African because you don't fit into their narrow minded view of what an African look like.

UZTAAD   

Arabs are different people united by the language they speak. they are different races and ethnics for example Egyptians speak Arabic but most of theme do not originate from the Arabs.

so we are linguistically and ethnically Somali .

isn't that enough why you are searching other identities, if we are not Somalis and Africans may be we are Chinese then.