Sign in to follow this  
mojam

I Finally Picked Up ....

mojam   

new Knan album, the Dusty foot philosopher. I must say that i am very impressed. I have his first album flight 13. his music has become better over the past 4 years but he kept his somaliness. that is he is telling a somali story with his music. he truly represents.

really good lyrics. really hip hop with a somali touch.

Indeed he has improved over the past couple of years, his music inspires people, and he’s not really defined to one style. K’Naan was interviewed for Issue #5of People Are Connected Everywhere Magazine – he had some interesting things to say.

BTW – for Ottawa and Montreal residents he will be coming through very soon, this month in fact, I know he is in Montreal at the end of the month, I think it’s the 29th, not sure when in Ottawa, maybe a day before that.

AdivA   

Salam

You know i used to remember when everyone used to say that a Somali hip/hop artist will never have a voice or make it financially. Well, sucks to be those people icon_razz.gif

Anyways, I've seen him perform and it's like you're listening to the album...no flaws at all, Ma'shallah smile.gif

Keep up the good work bro :D

Peace ;)

Baluug   

Very good album,I had a thread about this a month ago when I got this CD,which songs u like most?

K'naan must be on tour again because he'll be at Mount Royal College's Liberty Lounge on Sept 24 in Calgary.

Nailah   

I think the best song on the album is "The dusty foot philosopher" Other good songs are "strugglin" "smile" and "until the lion learns to speak" The drum beat sounds great.

My least favourite is "My God" I'm not really feeling that song.

Quruxleey, I bought the album from HMV (Canada) I doubt that it would be available in London. You can buy the album off his website though.

Curly   

well personally I'm in love with the website, the graphics are impressive and it's changed dramatically since I last saw it.

As for the music, well some tracks were well recieved but I'm not too sure about the new ones. However, tracks like struggling has grown on me over time and after watching the video I loved it.

http://www.thedustyfoot.com/home.html

J.Lee   

Originally posted by liibaan:

K'naan must be on tour again because he'll be at Mount Royal College's Liberty Lounge on Sept 24 in Calgary.

He is coming to Edmonton too (or so I've been told) with some other artists whom I have never had the misfortunate of listening to.

anyway, I can't wait to see him in action.