Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy

The e-Somalia: e-passport and e-authentication programme

Somalia ties up with Sobha Renaissance for e-passports

The Somali government, as a part of its plan to boost its secutiry and streamline its immigration process, has signed a $25 million contract with Sobha Renaissance Information Technology (SRIT), an Indian IT solution provider.

The company was short-listed from among 15 global companies by the Somali government, Sobha executives told reporters here on Thursday.

The company will help the government implement and deploy a National Passport solution. It will also help it in executing the national ID programmes, automation of driver licenses, vehicle registration and national health programmes. The project will start by September this year and will be executed in six months, the executives said.

The Somali government will issue e-passports and start the process of e-authentication through fingerprints.

"The electronic identification is highest level of security that can be provided and this will also fasten the immiration process," said Madhu Nambiar, CEO, Sobha Renaissance. This comes at a period when governments across the globe are confronting a rise in forged or altered identity documents.

The deputy minister of foreign affairs, Transitional Federal Government of Somalia Hasan Ahmed Jama said that the topmost priority of his government is national security and e-governance program will help in that cause.

"The strategic mandate is to automate the entire process of authentication of an individual�s identity and verify permission," he added.

Somalia is among the first developing countries to take up this programme.

The e-passport and e-authentication programme, at present, is used in 46 countries across the globe, most in European countries. India is yet to take up this programme.

Source

Renaissance I.T.

Me ,, i don't want it ,,, i rather be without any passport ,,, don't wanna go anywhere ,,, ppl need government and security be4 passports ,,,

OG Moti   

We Somalis are dreamers the worse kind of dreamers.. you guys still have hopes to have a government.. man look at what you saying? Somali Government and e-passport? why dont u add e-government too, cause he cant even set a foot in Somalia maybe he should try the E-government, maybe it work for him to run the country by online, e-learning working, so why not e-government too? wake up people, u got no government and you wont have one soon, so enjoy ur qaxooti life and stay away from these confused people from Asia and Arabs who are giving muslims bad name..

peace

Castro   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

^^I want it I want it... Never had somali passport.

I used to have a Somali passport. It was big, black and long. No, I'm not talking about a sexual organ here. People actually referred to it as "madoobe dheere". Imagine that!

On our trip to "seek assylum" in the west, we crossed many international borders. In fact, we saw many foreigners carrying passports that came in every shape and color. Do you want to know what helped us get over the ridicule and condescending remarks of immigration officers all over the globe? It was the fact that our passports were bigger, blacker and longer than theirs. That's right.

Alas, we don't have them anymore. We had to surrender them when we were granted assylum. It was a bitter sweet moment. I wonder where my madoobe dheere is now.

*wipes the tears off his eyes and crawls into bed*

OG Moti   

ooh man remind me to put you all in jail when or if you come back home, I am planning to control the immigration section in 20 years from now "of course no government in the next 20 years" it gives me a planty time to prepare myself and collect information, when I get the job and there is no if here cause i got to have that job, my plans are to put all of you in detention and keep you for no reason.. and other plans which include giving Arabs and Westerns a hard time, and west Africans, ooh boy I am gonna help Somali keep the bad things off the country..

By the way "madoobe dheere" you guys are Ancient, the passport neither black nor long, it is a cute hand-written green booklet.. those who did not see it take a good look cause this is the closest you get on having the honor to carry it looooooooooooool, by the way it is copy righted so don't try to print it and frame it ;)

somalipassport1sk.th.jpg

peace

lol@OG MOTI, last as i remmber thesomali passport could be bought for $50 from Syria or Kenya, anyhow i am glad they taking a right step with the e-passports and e-etc, who knows....

Originally posted by -Conspiracy-:

The Somali government, as a part of its plan to boost its secutiry and streamline its immigration process

ROFL... that should be in the funny news of the day post!

Somali government? What somali government?

Og_Girl, the Arab world has already hosted me. I don't want to impose on them again. Some other part of the world must have the honour after Europe. I'm thinking of Africa. smile.gif