Sign in to follow this  
Katrina

An Open Letter to Maryooleey

"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."

I think we are all missing the point here! Let the man have his day in court and carry out our post mortem analysis later in the day.

There are two sides here and how do we who is right or wrong before the full evidence is heard in a court of law?? Thus, I say we are all jumping on the bandwagon, be it popular one or not.

So I say for now, let us all chill and save our arguments right after we heard all the facts of the case and the jury returns its verdict.

Disclaimer, I don’t know the defendant, never heard of him or the case before reading it here today. I am not related to anyone involved in this case to the best of my knowledge. The only interest I might have in the case is, to see justice served.

Jacpher   

lol@royal gene pool. Maba ogeyn inuu jiro gene laan dheere ah.

Rawda, calm down sista.

I think MMA pointed out that we should not rush to convict the guy of a pedophilia charges unless he’s found guilty by the court. Whether we like him locked behind bars or get acquitted, doesn’t really matter. What should matter to us is that both parties get fair trial [if they go to trail] and hope justice be served. I, for one never met Sangub on person and don’t know anything about the victim. I view them the same way, as Somalis & Muslims who are going through tough time.

J.Lee   

About the Public Data:

He admitted he had sexual contact with her but when?

Did he, in the recorded conversation as well as his interview with the police, confess that he had sexual relations with the girl when she was a minor or when she came back to Minneapolis last summer?

Jamilah   

I mean why the blind support? He could well be guilty, as I suspect. As Muslims we are required to speak the turth, even if it is against ourselves. Allah knows best.

WaTerLily,

I wholeheartedly agree one cannot help but wonder what there is to gain from defending the dishonourable.

It seems some of the men here are more than willing to remind us that verdict is yet to be reached. I find this odd, a person is guilty from the moment they commit a crime and not when a group of strangers weigh up the evidence to decide whether or not an individual has committed a crime . The fact of the matter is he did admit to indecently touching her , I am sure even the blindest of the blind can accept this and thus must also

accept he is GUILTY. Not necessarily in the eyes of a kufar but to Allah who sees all. If you disagree I strongly recommend you question your agenda, is it possible that you base this man’s actions on your own sins and wish to downplay the seriousness of the crime or even the desire to preserve what little dignity the accused has intact subsequent to the humiliation experienced by “the familyâ€.

I completely support the accuser and pray she retains her strength, and not be intimated by the ignorant who uphold the views of the Arabs before the advent of Islam that one should defend his brother whether he is the oppressed or the oppressor.

Salam ;)

Castro   

J. Lee wrote

Did he, in the recorded conversation as well as his interview with the police, confess that he had sexual relations with the girl when she was a minor or when she came back to Minneapolis last summer?

We don't know. And I wouldn't call molesting someone a "relationship".

---------------

Possible (future) headline: "Sangub found guilty on both charges and sentenced to two (2) years in prison and ten (10) years probation."

Nomad 1: "I can't believe it. There is no friggin' justice in America for a black man. There was absolutely no evidence against the guy! This is boolshidh!"

Nomad 2: "Come on saaxib, the dude confessed."

Nomad 1: "But there was no evidence. None. Nada. Zip."

Nomad 2: "Usually in these cases there's little evidence if any significant amount of time has passed."

Nomad 1: "Exactly saaxib. It's his word against hers and who wouldn't give the guy the benefit of the doubt, huh?

Nomad 2: "I wouldn't. The dude confessed, so it was his word plus her word against him. Simple really."

Nomad 1: "Saaxib you're not a patriot and you don't appreciate poetry. Why am I even wasting my time with you?"

Nomad 2: "You tell me. You're the one who brought this nonsense to me. And what does patriotism and poetry have to do with this? The dude confessed. Bada bim bada bum!"

Nomad 1: "I know you got a clan vendatta against the abwaan. You westernized, clan X, loser."

Nomad 2: "Saaxib, you're getting warmed up for nothing. I care even less about the abwaan than I do about you. Give it up or take this boolshidh elsewhere."

Nomad 1: "Fine. I'll go over to those guys over there. Unlike you, they're real Somalis who feel sorry for the loss of our great abwaan. Damn that b!tch who set him up. And damn you!" :mad:

Nomad 2: "Whatever dude. Be gone. You were messing up my $9 Cinnamon Spice Mocha anyway." :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: The headline is fictional. Nomad 1 and Nomad 2 are fictitious characters and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Gabbal   

^Sangub is innocent and I say that with complete conviction.

p.s. Can Minneapolites explain if there was a case or not. Remember, I am using was as in the past. :D

Sayyid   

Possible future conversations on the case of Sangub after he has been aquitted of the false and alleged charges made against him!

Sol Nomad 1: I can't believe that they have aquitted that "child molester"!

Sol Nomad 2: Why are you getting fired up, he was aquitted by a court of law and found not guilty?

Sol Nomad 1: What do you mean "he was found not guilty"? For me he was allways guitly.

Sol Nomad 2: What do you mean he was "always" guilty?

Sol Nomad 1: You see I never liked that guy anyway and apart from that he "dissed" and insulted my clan?

Sol Nomad 2: How can he "insult" your clan, when his mother is from the same clan as you and his two wifes are also the same clan as you? BTW did you not know that you're his maternal uncle.

Sol Nomad 1: But he "hates" on us and we have to defend the girl by all means because Sangub is "evil".

Sol Nomad 2: You don't seem to understand he was not found guilty on the charges brought forward by the girl, whose case was thrown out of the window.

Sol Nomad 1: But still that doesn't compensate for him insulting my clan.

Sol Nomad 2: What clan, didn't I just tell you that his mother is from your clan and both his wives as well? Would someone diss his mother?

Sol Nomad 1: Anyway his poetry is shiidh too.

Sol Nomad 2: Why are you hating on this guy?

Sol Nomad 1: I am not hating but he's not an abwaan.

Sol Nomad 2: How come?

Sol Nomad 1: I don't know.

Sol Nomad 2: Yeah exactly you don't know.

Sol Nomad 1: Oh you support him because out of clannism.

Sol Nomad 2: Excuse me, me and sangub are from diffent clans and by the way the girl is closer to me than Sangub will ever be clan-wise.

Sol Nomad 1: Em' Em ah, ah. But you support him because out of patriarchy.

Sol Nomad 2: Don't be daft (****** ).

Sol Nomad 1: Okay, I confess I've been silly and extremely ****** . I appologise to the Abwaan.

Sol Nomad 2: He doesn't need your appology, now get on with it.

Sol Nomad 1: Well, I suppose I'll never stop hating.

Sol Nomad 2: Good for you fella. Cuqdad lee ha udhiman.

Sol Nomad 1: Walle waa runta waxa i haya waa calool xanuun iyo cuqdad ee ma iga ahan daacadnimo iyo "gabarta ha loo gargaaro", illahayna dambi dhaaf ayaan waydiisan.

Sol Nomad 2: Illaahay hakuu dambi dhaafo, inshallah.

Sol Nomad 1: Amiin!

End of conversation.

Important Notice: Both Sol Nomad 1 and 2 do not exist in real life, they're fictional characters deployed to make or reinforce certain points and attitudes. This has nothing to do with the trial whatsoever.

Rowda, no, walaashiis. Waxaan u dulqaadan waaye waa odey Soomaaliyeed oo sumcadiis sidii istiraasho camal loogu tirtiranaayo. Neither I nor you nor the rest of fellas in this joint know what took place exactly. It is un-Islamic to presume guilty based on rumours and other malicious innuendos.

We do know it well that episode in the Quraan regarding Caasho [r.c.]. Eebbe didn't reveal a verse regarding that quickly, but after the rumours were persistent, it was tantamount to settle the rumours once and for all; Eebbe then warned us not to believe anything quickly that we have no knowledge of.

Few in this thread or other threads about Sangub heed to that episode. All I was saying was let's not rush and prejudge a person, particularly an old odey Soomaaliyeed as he is, and especially as an abwaan whose contribution to Soomaali arts were immense. [sangub was there loooong before his two Qabyos that made him a bit popular in qurbaha. He was creator of the then popular Qabrigii Jaceylka ruwaayad.]

And as about support given to Sangub, I for one not supportive of him. I only respect him as an elder Soomaali, plus as an abwaan. As for qabiil, ninkaas Xaawo iyo Aaden ayaa iskaga dhacnaa. I just don't like an old Soomaali man sida juuni camal dhulka loogu xaaqaayo.

I hope inaan is fahanay hada.

Nephissa   

^ Child molesters come in every age, size, and from all walks of life. The fact that he's an "Odey Soomaaliyeed" alone won't get his case thrown out of court, nor will his age make his claim credible. This Oday is guilty until proven guilty. Wonder what his next play is going to be about? Being dealt with Bubba and his homies?

J.Lee   

A. Kashanre: Don't let prejudice and known-new ( Kibaki should stop filling you in :D ) information cloud your judgement.

B. Castrate: molestation,maandhow, is a form of having sexual relations.

Castro et al, you people who are claiming to wanting to educate the masses here, you are behaving no different from the people you wanting to educate. What happened to innocent till proven guilty? Due process?? Do any of these concepts that are important to a justice system mean anything to you?

Surely this guy entered into not guilty plea and until the system finds him guilty he is as innocent as any one of us. Let the state prove he is guilty, I am sure the jury wont consider his clan or age in their deliberation. Therefore, people wait till then.

“I am sure even the blindest of the blind can accept this and thus must also accept he is GUILTY. Not necessarily in the eyes of a kufar but to Allah who sees all.â€

First, I don’t accept he is guilty (till proven so) but then again you did say only the blindest and the blind can accept this! Well sorry to disappoint you, I am neither and hence cant accept his guilty till he was given his day in court.

Allah takes care of justices in the next world and in this world, is you and I who issues justices, whether we follow Allah’s laws or our own man made laws. Either way is us, who is in control here and so let Allah take care of his in the next world.

Paragon   

First Stage -allegations

Second Stage -confirmations/Statements

Third Stage -investigations

Fouth Stage -prosecutions/deliberations

Filth Stage -Judgement and Verdict.

So far, the case has managed to reach the Third Stage. What was presented to us (the 'Juriors') is part of the evidence. Based on the quality or reliability of the available evidence, we must deliberate and reach a verdict. As I said, we have part of the evidence (police statement - a strong indication) but we haven't had the opportunity to interrogate the rest. If we( however despicable we find the alleged-criminal act to be) decide to deliberate on an incomplete evidence then we have failed to do our duty -impartiality to both the victim and the accused- in order to arrive at the manifest truth. There are no witness testimonials yet, or are there?

PS: It is up to each of our choices. Shall we give the victim, her deserved sympathy and find the accused guilty, even possibly when he may not be guilty, or give the accused an unquestioned support, and thus avert justice? You choose.

Originally posted by Ahura:

QUOTE]*
towards the politics forum

Over there, luv
----->

Just disecting Somali behavior....Nothing political walaal!!

Waterlily.....Facing the wrong of a gun would have definately changed anybody. Imagine getting wacked for no reason. The explanation for doing away somebody is supposedly that there are descents of mythical lost arab who came to the shores of Somalia....Geeze man, do I look Arab.

MMA.....I understand where you are coming from, but there is real possiblity that he actually did it. Lets keep an open and let court deal with it.

Castro   

Originally posted by Paragon:

It is up to each of our choices. Shall we give the victim, her deserved sympathy and find the accused guilty, even possibly when he may not be guilty, or give the accused an unquestioned support, and thus avert justice? You choose.

A classic Catch-22 indeed. Personally, in the absence of the confession, I would have been as reserved as Xiin or even more. Still, no matter what the outcome of this case, Sangub will remain a hero and the victim will remain the villain. Mark my words.

Jaylaani   

Supporting the rapist but not the victim. How ISLAAMIC is that? If he committed the crime let him pay if not he will go free. But to support the guy just because he is a play writer or a poet and it will make our community look bad if he gets convicted its outrages. ALLAH doesn’t like ugly. Where there's smoke, there's fire.