Sign in to follow this  
Dr Ligle

Amazing 14th Century Somali Writing Stone.

Dr Ligle   

424px-Somali_Stone.jpg

This amazing relic was exacavated from somalia and is dated to be 14th century in the ajuuran period, it is called the wadaad writing system, it is a script that was used way before islam entered somalia and could possibly hold vital clues to the origins of somali people.

If you want to see what wadaad writing is like go here and check it out

http://www.freebase. com/view/wikipedia/i mages/en_id/9229746

Truly amazing, i think their needs to be alot more excavations done in somalia, because just next to somalia the afar region they found the oldest human being fossil. Infact they call it the cradle of mankind.

So somalia maybe has old fossils as the afar one or who knows even older. But i definitely think the ajuuran people hold a vital clue to somali origins.

Secondly the amount of fortresses and palaces in north-east somalia is just tremendous, infact scholars say the most fortresses and palaces are located in africa. No joke i read that somewhere i remember.

Plus the pyramids in the sanaag regions is just totally awe-inspiring and could possibly be an indication that pyramid making started first with somalis, advanced up to sudan especially around the meroe city area of sudan and then perfected by the egyptians.

Anyways what you all think about somali archaelogy, don't you think it would be fascinating visiting these old sites or at the very least finding out about somalia before the arrival of islam. I know i do!!!

Wow, where is this relic being shown?

Also, I dont feel comfortable with Westerners coming in and taking our relics, look at the Benin Bronzes after the British looted them in 1897 they still show them in the British Museum!

Dr Ligle   

EYL CASTLE.

Eyl_Castle.jpg

17TH CENTURY HAFUN MOSQUE

Hafun%2C_Somalia.jpg

BARGAL 1878 King Osman Castle Ruin

16105747.jpg

Bargal 1700 Mosque

16105663.jpg

Sayid Mohamed Eyl Building

15898713.jpg

Makhir Pyramids

251712-33.jpg

There is so many more i can list from benadir, ajuuran, zeylac, etc.. but the point is we seriously need to do a huge excavation of somalia, can you imagine digging into the past.

How do we know where we are going, if we can't even figure out where we came from. It is so critical we know our past in order to determine our future. smile.gif

Originally posted by Crazy Cat LAdy:

they still show them in the British Museum!

I passionately hate the British Museum. I wish I could rename it, 'House of theft' makes justice to everything it holds.

UZTAAD   

ina_gaweedo, it is very interesting peice of our history. there must be great ancient civilasations in Somalia. we are only tought the history of Romans, Greeks, Egyptians and etc. but we are ignorant of our own history and civilasation . there are many historical and archaeological sites in somalia, for example if you go to country side any where in somalia ,you will see many Pyramid_like structures localy known as taalariyaad(or taalatariyad) , it lookes like small hill . it consist of large stones and bricks. it is beleived to be the ancient burial ground of bygone civilsations. some people have dug it and found alot of gold and the skeltons of dead people. but the mystry is that, who was the people who built those structures and when it was built. these structure I personaly seen the country side of Mudug around Galkacyo .

these building consist of secrets of our past therefore how we can discovere it?

Fabregas   

These are beautiful landmarks showcasing the heritage of the thoroughbred Islamic Somali tribesmen and women of noble cushitic and Arabian origin. Thanks Ina G.

Salami alaykum dhamaan Iyo Ramadaan wacan, walee waxaan soo xasuustay Dhismadii la Oran jiray Daawad ee ku tiiil Eyl oo loo yaqaan Daawad, maashallah qurux badanaa Eyl