Sign in to follow this  
WingA

Metro-Sexual

I actually wanted to start this topic Winger ;) . Basically a metrosexual man is a man who grooms himself well...nails, hair, feet and fashion. He has the style and the moves... n we like that... none of that rough and minimum maintenance crap.. its da 21th century, about time men got with the program.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

A few yrs back,

I had some boys who would spend all their money

on 'new shoes' or a fade/haircut every week, some would get their nails done too. :rolleyes:

They spend more time grooming themselves then most girls.

'Yo' I gotta look 'Pimped Out''

I hate those type of men and u know for all the time my boys spent on themselves, on their fades and new gear every week, I still had more 'GAME', cause its all in the personality.

This new trend of 'Metro-sexuals' is sickening.

Its obsessive and the obsession is with yourself.

Its a very 'Feminine' trait and a definite sign of the times. Role reversals, maybe! :confused:

Fi Amanallah

Senora   

Is grooming one self really a feministic trait?

i think that shoud be a practice followed by all humans.....or is it just the excessiveness about it that makes it less masculine?..and in that case...would caring for one-self excessively be more of a womans trait than a man??And why is that?..

if a woman were not to focus much of her time on her appearance or lifestyle, would that make her less of a woman?

why isn't a man who cares so much for himself seen more as an egocentric, or self-indulgent & self-centered, or other "labels" that also could fall under this circumstance?? rather than him being seen as " a man in touch with his feminine side"?

N.O.R.F   

owns a lot of shoes

does that make me one of them, i like shoes more than trainers u get me? if i can afford it why not?

i cant leave the house in the mrning wivout creaming my face, plus it has to be the same cream i've been using for the past 15 years or else i will not use it,lol

apart from that, right now i look a mess indeed, long week, no sleep, need a shave and a fade,,,,but who cares? :D

underdog   

Hey, we've always groomed ourselves and ironed out pants and shirts and clipped our nails and brushed our teeth. that's been around forever.

Metro-sexual is NEW animal. They take this to a disturbing level. These guys go to a salon to get their eye brows trimmed and lined, they wear makeup, they get zero-prescription colored contact lenses to change their eye color. They get thier teeth professionally whitened, botox injections to get rid of wrinkles.

I don't care how many women he gets...Thats GAY.

WingA   

Originally posted by Athena:

I actually wanted to start this topic Winger
;)
. Basically a metrosexual man is a man who grooms himself well...nails, hair, feet and fashion. He has the style and the moves... n we like that... none of that rough and minimum maintenance crap.. its da 21th century, about time men got with the program.

i feel ya sis, i love to look after myself and look good.. appearence is important.. but i guess we all different and i was rised to look good.. am not talking about gays ppl so lets get that out of the way..

am here in states and i see the way men are dressed and they need help..lool.. whats wrong with class or style??

peez..

Paragon   

Metrosexuality is, in my own opinion, a bufferzone between hetrosexuality and homosexuality. And as older Somalis would say, its 'Nimow-Naagnimo' or 'Qorqode. Once you're described as 'a metrosexual male', you are one step away from becoming 'a homosexual'.

Metro-sexuality has now become a phenomenon or a buzz-word in all entertainment mediums...

nuune   

now i know what metro-sexual means, it is homesexual related stuff, well if it is not, it is related, sorry for da guys who r metro-sexual.

Jamaal11, Mr. D called me a metro-sexual!...you see what's going on here!!...that ruins my reputation...you see...i Demand a public refraint of that statement followed by public apology!LOL

seriously though...it's nothing more than a newly cioned word by women magazines like allure or cosmopolitan to once again revolutionize the NEOFEMINISM AGENDA to undermine the concept of manhood... :D

"it's nothing more than a newly cioned word by women magazines like allure or cosmopolitan to once again revolutionize the NEOFEMINISM AGENDA to undermine the concept of manhood..."

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool i couldn't stop laughing...that was certainly a mouth full ;););););)

I never met one...But cleaness is important part of islam...So i guess if he cuts his nails and cleans his clothes and atleast knows designer he is wearning...oh yeah and doesn't over use perfum like a crazy woman...I don't know about standing for hours in front of mirror, i think that's bad behavior for both women and men...I got no problemo with him and wouldn't of him as a "sissy"

Curly   

LOL...I know what your talking about, I live with a house full of boys who take forever to get out the bathroom, I swear they spend more time in there then I do!

Takes them around 3 hours to get ready and dressed only for them to go around asking everyone in the house if they look all right, and then get changed half dozen times before they make it out the door! God help the poor women who get lumbered with them for life!

The end result may look good, but for the love of God I don’t spend that much time on myself and the idea of a man looking after himself more than me makes me feel really insecure about myself and I’ll suddenly see myself as an unkempt tom boy!