Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Albert Einsteinba waa Nabi - says Odey Soomaali ah

Abtigiis   

^ The works of these Philospohers are descriptive and not prescriptive. They don't pass judgements on what should be done but they analyze what is taking place. None of the things we see these days disprove any of the assertions you say Aristotle and Plato said.

Democracy is very much a form of Aristocracy even nowadays. Maybe a refined one but still a group of people with access to resources (money, education, etc etc) are voted in for a period to rule and enrich themselves. A benovelent aristoracy might save the communities the money and time spent on periodic votings and could have delivered a better result. Maybe, it is somthing that will be realised in the future.

But I don't dispute the superior knowledge of those philosophers. It is amazing to see how they thought given their times.

BOB   

So you agree with Aristotle and believe that women are inferior to men as well?

PS. Waxba ha cabsan ee runta sheeg...waan is naqaan aniga iyo adiguye..lol

Peace, Love & Unity.

Haatu   

Originally posted by dambarsame:

I don't know socrats and plato but Ihave been tought that Aristotal was the teacher of ALexander the great (DUL QARNAYN), so that since they were the teachers of aristotal they should have had some thing similar to the islamic doctrine

Sxb Alexandra the Great was not Dhul Qarnayn. DQ lived much much before ATG.

B   

As a platonic student, Plato was no prophet. He reasonable as shown by his dialogues in ancient Athens. As the father of what we know as philosophy today, there have been many philosophies after him so therefore is every person who conceives an idea a prophet, then will have millions of prophet who are culture-specific and place-specific. Prophethood was not based on just knowledge(later divine knowledge) but also virtues and good morals in that context of that particular society. Plato and Socrates practised pederasty, were inherently racist and thought women were inferior.

Originally posted by Haatu:

quote:Originally posted by dambarsame:

I don't know socrats and plato but Ihave been tought that Aristotal was the teacher of ALexander the great (DUL QARNAYN), so that since they were the teachers of aristotal they should have had some thing similar to the islamic doctrine

Sxb Alexandra the Great was not Dhul Qarnayn. DQ lived much much before ATG.
Sxb Alexandar the great was the son of philip the second of macedonia and he reigned 332-321 BC according to gregorian calendar and most islamic sophisticated commentators like ABDULLAHI YUSUF ALI contsrue that he is the DULQARNAYN mentioned in the KORAN

Coloow   

Abtigiisa iyo Tolka,

Eurocentrism as a political philosophy is what many of us have been taught/exposed to. The fact of the matter is that many societies had their own political philosphers. Asian Minor, the far east and Africa had their own Platos and Aristotles.

I call it indoctrination; it is like when we were taught in primary schools to memorise "who discovered the Victoria falls"? and the answer we were expected to deliver was Dr. David Livingstone.

Dhulqarayn mentioned in the Qur'an is not Alexander the Macedonian Greek who was known for his cruelty (and some say for his homosexuality tendencies) - the dhulqarayn that is mentioned in the Qur'an resembles the life of Cyrus the Great - the Qu'ran mentions Dhulqarayn's expeditions towards west, east and a third direction. Secondly when Qur’an talks about Dhulqarayn, it shows him as a person believing in one God and the hereafter. He is also depicted as a kindhearted and just ruler. Now it is known about Alexander that he was a polytheist and no incidents of his kindness and justice are explicitly recorded in history. But as far as Cyrus is concerned we find out that the extent of his expeditions was towards west, east and north that is, after becoming the king of Persia, Cyrus went on different expeditions, he also freed slaves - protected the weak communities from the Gog and Magoog etc.

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

Dhulqarayn mentioned in the Qur'an is not Alexander the Macedonian Greek who was known for his cruelty (and some say for his homosexuality tendencies) - the dhulqarayn that is mentioned in the Qur'an resembles the life of Cyrus the Great - the Qu'ran mentions Dhulqarayn's expeditions towards west, east and a third direction. Secondly when Qur’an talks about Dhulqarayn, it shows him as a person believing in one God and the hereafter. He is also depicted as a kindhearted and just ruler. Now it is known about Alexander that he was a polytheist and no incidents of his kindness and justice are explicitly recorded in history. But as far as Cyrus is concerned we find out that the extent of his expeditions was towards west, east and north that is, after becoming the king of Persia, Cyrus went on different expeditions, he also freed slaves - protected the weak communities from the Gog and Magoog etc.

sxb don't take your points only from western historians ( jews, christians and early greek and romans) who fill the bages of history whatever they want (delibratly or inocently) havn't you read how they dealt with LOT and SOLOMON (calayhimu salaam) in the old testment (in the view of their conduct and blieve).

so that contemplating in the verses of AL-KAHF recounting DULQARNAYN and his mass expeditons, the hot spring ( which situated till to day the westren province of macedonia), the iron gate which was used to lie somewher in central asia republics and so on you will never have the least doubt that ALEXENDER the great was the DULQARNEIN mentioned in the KORAN

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Baadiyow:

Abtigiisa iyo Tolka,

Eurocentrism as a political philosophy is what many of us have been taught/exposed to. The fact of the matter is that many societies had their own political philosphers. Asian Minor, the far east and Africa had their own Platos and Aristotles.

I call it indoctrination; it is like when we were taught in primary schools to memorise "who discovered the Victoria falls"? and the answer we were expected to deliver was Dr. David Livingstone.

Fully agree with this. Of course Vic Falls was discovered by the natives who showed Livingstone and have been living there before he set foot in Africa.

We have imbibed European history and great minds and should have learned more about other philosophers but this also doesn't take away from the achievements of the great Greek and European minds.

BOB,

Adeer, you kind of cornered me about Plato's views on Women. I tend to agree with him in many ways although I don't know what his reasoning was when he said women are inferior to men. I now there are different standards at competitions for men and women which confirms men are superior at least in physical might. I know most philospophers, scientists, leaders, prophets, and those who have left indelible marks on human transformations are men. And I don't think it is by happenstance. One can come up with endless rationalisations as to why women could not achieve as much , about marginalisation, about anything, but the same rationalisations could be used as alibi of the weakness of women. For instance, why didn't women manage to comepte with men? why couldn't they subvert male domination, etc etc?

The point is it is politically incorrect to agree with Plato on this one and I know it is not fashionablable as well, but there is little evidence to disprove him.

nuune   

Odeyga waqti waan isku weynay but we met briefly yesterday evening in a makhaayad Soomaali ah, in there, he was helding minor meeting with his new proposal for Somalia, the odey runs Somali Community in his Xaafad, so he is successfull in this kind of sort of things and talks professionally in this field.

on a little corner inside makhaayada, I entered makhaayada and odeyga greeted me loudly there, saying war xaggeed ka dhacdey and the usual stuff.

We had a little meeting after his minor meetings with the people, I was more interested in his belief and what made him think that he should seek Allah to talk to him directly.

as maghrib time was approaching, and the time was too short, I had to leave odeyga back, and with our little chat about Islam, odeyga was saying he knows everything about Islam, and the religion, but was still wondering why Allah was not talking to him directly though he made lots of duca day and night, but talked to Nabi Muuse without Nabi Muuse making any du'a at all.

I will update you on this weekend, I had all my undercover recordings and all that with me.

Another jacbur sheeko sheeko from renown Nuunka. :D

Muxuu Eebbe ani ila hadli waaye uu yiri. Maxaa u weydiin weysay maxaa dadka ugu duwantahay oo si isbishaala ah oo qaas ah laguula hadlaa? Asagoo lixdiisa lixaad qabo ayuu saas u hadlaa, ka waran haddee hal kamid ah lixdaas lixaad ka maqnaan lahayd. Kasoo qaad hadduu indhoole ahaan lahaa, what would his complaints be about?

Badanaa haddaa u fiirsatid dadka diinta ka baxay ama u dhow inay ka baxaan si ayee u qalafsanyihiin, una reer baadiyeysanyihiin. Badownimo iyaga ku dhamaataa.

Muriidi   

.. iyaa ??!! :eek:

einstein markuu yahay nabi .. ??!!

darwin'na malaha waa daarwiish!! :rolleyes:

zz_top.jpg

marx , darwin and nietzsche