Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

BFF break-up

Blessed   

Sadly, I barely get to speak to my GFs let alone deal with drama. :(:(:(

I don't really do break ups, there are people that I've grown apart from but on the most part I'm definitely a keeper- it take me a while to jell with other women anyway.

I find it tedious when people you grow apart from ay ku daba dhigtaan, suddenly they are your worse enemy because you just don't want to talk about / do the same things no more.

She asked our opinions ... all of us. Yet, she knew it wouldn't sound good.

I hate giving advices to people who cant handle it. If I dont want to hear it, I dont ask my friends what they think. I just tell them I reached a decision wether it is wrong or not.But some friends ask your opinion and then when you tell them how you truly feel, they're disappointed or they get hurt/sad/angry :mad:

And then again, some girls are just hung up on certain guys regardless of how wrong the situation is.

There is this girl at my work who likes a man who is no good. Every other day she comes in here crying because he either left with another girl, didnt answer his phone for a week, or cancelled on her :eek: . She clearly knows that this couldnt be possibly healthy yet she wants ME to tell her it is ok, he'll be back. She keeps asking me what I think he is upto but I just smile and say "sweety what do you think?" because she WILL NOT listen to me even if preach all day :( . So I say let your friend go.She'll come to her senses one day.

Fluid   

That is on hell of a problem. If one man is able to destroy your morals that quick, this person will have some difficulties living in this world. Same as your, if you can't take people opinions or critics, It is not a good idea asking for one or several.

The only unhealthy person in life is the ones when you share a goods news with edds up copying you or competing with you. Scary!

I want ask everybody How to establish rules for a newly broken-up couple living together'''

Break-upFilter: What are the rules forinteraction between a newly-separated duo who still plan living together for now, and is there a way to make things less awkward???

A friend of mine has just broken up with her boyfriend (with whom she lives). They're on amiable terms and have agreed to continue living together for at least the forseeable future, but neither is quite sure what the rules are now.

What are the limits are, or, ways that they can figure them out together in the least uncomfortable way possible for both of them?

Any tips on making the situation a bit less awkward for both of them??

Originally posted by Blessed.*:

I find it tedious when people you grow apart from ay ku daba dhigtaan, suddenly they are your worse enemy because you just don't want to talk about / do the same things no more.

Wow. That is well said.

Cholate & Honey wrote: "She clearly knows that this couldnt be possibly healthy yet she wants ME to tell her it is ok, he'll be back."

She's got some issues. It's not about the guy. She is clearly self-sabotaging herself.

I want ask everybody How to establish rules for a newly broken-up couple living together'''

Break-upFilter: What are the rules forinteraction between a newly-separated duo who still plan living together for now, and is there a way to make things less awkward???

A friend of mine has just broken up with her boyfriend (with whom she lives). They're on amiable terms and have agreed to continue living together for at least the forseeable future, but neither is quite sure what the rules are now.

What are the limits are, or, ways that they can figure them out together in the least uncomfortable way possible for both of them?

Any tips on making the situation a bit less awkward for both of them??[/quote

If ur friends are muslims, what they are doing is completely haram, cause in islam there is no such a thing girlfriend/boyfriend or common law relation, ur either married or divorced.

If ur frieds r not muslims may Allah guide them to the path then.. thats my advice, hope it answered ur qtn:)

Any tips on making the situation a bit less awkward for both of them??

Yeah, if they're Muslims tell them to repent, repent and never make the mistake again :eek: . If they're gaalo, tell her to move out. There is no such thing as ex-boyfriend-turned-good roomate.

I have general friends but i dont have any best friend. The only best friend i have is my brother i can count on him and get the best advice from him and he is the only who is patient with me and doesnt judge me. I never get too involved with girlfriends, all my friends are equal i just tell them all the same thing and nothing personal things related to my life.

chubacka   

The problem with trying to distance yourself from unhealthy or plain boring friendships is the guilt you are made to endure, especially if you have known the people for a long time. How many phone calls do you have to ignore for them to get the message? How many messages on FB?

You cnt help feeling rubbish especially if you can't exactly say what the hell annoys you about them.

-Lily-   

Why not be honest? If you have been a friend for so long perhaps they deserve the truth, who knows, could be an eye opener for them. I think it’s cruel to just ignore them till they ‘get the message’.

Lol@ ignore until they get the message. That was my standard practice of break-ups with boys, not girls. It is certainly cruel to do that to a friend. I would answer their phone calls and tell them I’ll be busy for a while. Hopefully, the time and lack of communication will tell them to move on. The last time my former BFF called to meet, I answered the phone, chatted for a bit and told her I will call her back to set up the meeting but never did. The difference is though; she knew what she did and knew exactly why I was cutting her off.

chubacka   

^ What did she do? sounds scandalous!

As for me I am not talking about any major break up ladies I am talking about creating a healthy distance. I have a couple of friends who insist on calling several times a week so they can analyse EVERY detail of their day, once upon a time I was fine with it and listened with interest but you can only talk about if someone mearnt to give you a funny look in the corridor or if that is just how their face is for so long. :(

While honesty is in theory a great idea I think you can only be brutally honest with ppl you are v. close too and who won't be too hurt. Besides they need to work out for themselves that they should not be so paranoid about things in the first place and that they should not waste so much time worrying about insignificant things.

So you see ignoring the phone and saving yourself an ear ache is really the way to go.

Somalina   

I agree with Malika...friends and money are bad combo...

They break up friendships....maybe those friendships were meant to be broken...i say live and learn...you need to grow up and start new friendship that dont involve Money...