Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

SOL members - Quran reading for Gaza

Khayr   

Salams,

This won't cost you a penny.

You are not being asked to demonstrate and expose yourself.

You are not being asked to put yourselves at risk,in any way.

I know we can chat and knock each others ideas down.

So here is something positive and if you can only do it in english, then so be it.

Just asking SOL members who might be interested,

to pick up a Juz and read. Rule is, you must post what Juz you intend to read, inshallah. The idea is to get at least one round of 30juz (a Khatam/Completed reading of the Entire Quran) done, inshallah.

The Quran purifies the heart and strenghtens the resolve of people during times of despair.

Please no negative comments!

I will read the first juz, inshallah.

Second juz any takers???

Fi Amanillah

winnie   

this is a serious question, please dont take offence, but how is this supposed to help gaza?

are you thinking, the more purified we are as a people than the more likely our du'as will be answered?

or something else?

and what is the time frame of completing the chosen juz?

Ibtisam   

Khayr, most people think that reading the Quran is and must always be a good thing. However in this case, you would be better off just reading the Quran as worship, you cannot read Quran and think it will give them blessings etc. The list of people who you can read Quran for are very small and basically including; your parents who paid and taught you to learn, your Quran teacher or someone who specifically helped you complete or learn the Quran. Every time you read a xarf they taught you, even if they are dead, they would be rewarded for it.

I would advise that you use the time to make extended dua for them, maybe at the end of your withr prayer or even if you can get up for qiyamul layal.

Innovation in the deen will not help them, in fact some will even argue that this humiliation in Muslim lands is because of innovation and going away from Allah's deen. Allah knows best.

Khayr   

SubhanAllah,

There is a problem now with reading the Quran? It is Kalamu- Allah and the hadith put to the many virtues of reading the quran for it is a Shifaat/a Cure against affliction and suffering.

Bidaat? Reading the quran is bidaat?

"And those who strive in Us, we will aid in their cause,verily, Allah is with those that strive to do the good"

I have to run, antum cajeeb. Allah yahdeekum!

Malika   

^Patients brother.

What does a Muslim do in times of turmoil? Surely we turn to our creator and seek his mercy. Isn’t then the Quran the words of Allah? Qur’an being a timeless speech of Allah, a study guide for life, death and what follows. The revelations of certain Surahs and Ayahs disclose their full meaning and are precise for these times we are going through - We might not be experiencing at first hand the brutality of the Israel forces but we sure are hurting nevertheless. I believe there is tranquility and assurance to be found upon reading the Quran, as Allah says:

“Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the mention of Allah. Unquestionably by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured.” [Quran: 13: 28].

Reading Quran, praying etc is part of worship, markaa I don’t see the problem in reading Quran as prayers to Allah for the sake of the Palestinians.

The question should be what Surah to read and ponder over?

Ibtisam   

The One Who Is Suffering Injustice and Oppression

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said to Mua’ad Ibn Jabal (RA), ‘Beware of the supplication of the unjustly treated, because there is no shelter or veil between it (the supplication of the one who is suffering injustice) and Allah (SWT)’ [sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

The prophet (SAW) declared, ‘Three men whose dua is never rejected (by Allah) are: the fasting person until he breaks his fast (in another narration, when he breaks fast), the just ruler and the one who is oppressed.’[Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi - Hasan]

In another hadith; The Prophet (SAW) declared: ‘Three du’as are surely answered: The du’a of the oppressed, the du’a of the traveler, and the du’a of the father/mother (upon their child)’. The One who is suffering injustice is heard by Allah (SWT) when he invokes Allah (SWT) to retain his rights from the unjust one or oppressor. Allah (SWT) has sworn to help the one who is suffering from injustice sooner or later as the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said.

Nephissa   

My heart goes out to all the people who have lost their lives, but I'm not going to sit around and dedicate one WHOLE Juz to Gaza.

winnie   

its not a battle, its a serious concern and that's why i asked.

i think my question deserves(d) a serious answer.

there is absolutely no need for anyone to take offence.

Ashkiro   

^Perhaps you can start another topic on why you think reading the Qu'ran for oppressed Muslims is bidah? This may not be the right thread but nonetheless it's an interesting point of view which I wouldn't mind hearing.