Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Somali TV Show - who wants to help?

Cara: This would a Somali adaptation, so I wouldn't expect any 'kini' problems. One of those 'bacweyne' numbers cinched with a super large leather belt and some sturdy boots will do.

Cara.   

Val, you're supposed to give teenage Somali geeks something to dream about for decades to come, not act as a mascot for the plastics industry icon_razz.gif

LooooL@Teenage Somali Geeks...Cara, dont say such things...cursed in the tongue of the Yoda you shall be! icon_razz.gif

On serious note, this is wonderful project, I wish we had someone like XU in Aussie...I would have participated and assisted the project with whatever I could (altho that is not much).

Cheers

-Lily-   

Cara, a platnum guntino with weapon holder attached to the belt is called for.

On a serious note, Just how good does your Somali have to be? Like poetic or standard or even street?

Urban   

lol - Darth Faarax, just brilliant. :D

Xulaxu have you left us? Any updates on the project? I hope it got started anyway, seemed like a cool idea.

Chimera   

^I think everytime someone tells the SOL audience of their projects they automatically jinx themselves, because half the board here are sorcerors.

Strawberry has disappeared, and remember Kashafa and his book project? Never heard of again, Something fishy is going on.

Ibtisam   

You and LSK are the only mods left icon_razz.gif

Adam lool you know now that you mentioned it..... we've seen few ideas on SOL that never passed the planning station. I hope you have our baby daughter you know!! :eek:

Chimera   

Sheheherazade stole our baby girl, Ibti jump her!! I woke up today heavily pregnant, now i'm typing with a six pack torso.

Sheh thought by giving me an 8th wonder physique i would forget about the baby, and therefore she would be able to appropriate that little bundle of joy to herself, but no my clever sorceress, i carried the XX-child for 8 months, now no power on earth can withstand the rage of a previous pregnant father.

ZimZamZom

Coloow   

May I suggest a documentary that centres on three issues;

1) coming to the diaspora; there are just good stories out there; you wouldn't blv the risks,the dreams the rewards, the challenges etc some somalis have gone through. some of these are very hilarious and could be sold to comedy channels.

2) Living in the diaspora; culture chocks; magaalo joog xumo, the discovery that the northern lights are not so bright after all.

3) Born in the diaspora; this leg could interview somalis who were born outside somalia (including Kenya, Saudi, Dubai). In fact, you could also interview the cantarbaqash on this forum.

You don't need writers or actors. you get the real thing.