Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Somali TV Show - who wants to help?

^^^^ LoooL Sxb waa ku soo baxee = You have the camera charm and Xiin can be your hard-headed father. Imagine a scene where he puts his cimaamad and says " Caano, waxaan Ahay Aabahaa!!!" :D

Cheers

Urban   

Our very own Somali soap opera.. Sounds interesting so good luck.

But like Caano geel.. my face isn't for TV, well it is in a way, but we're talkin about Crime Watch or Cops here..

*listening to 'Bad Boys' right now*

NGONGE   

I think the lady already got her actors; she's looking for writers. I would love to oblige but neither my English nor Somali are good enough for such an enterprise. My humour is also not that suitable to Somali palates.

Having said that, it all really depends on the setup of the show! When you say it will be 'ongoing', do you mean a continuing soap opera or just a sketch show? A soap opera will be harder to make methinks.

Still, I would love to help and see, at close quarters, how such a project evolves. Need a coolie? I could help carry the equipment, hold the microphones up in the air and sweep up the studio when the show is done. Or how about becoming your PA? I could follow you around carrying your bag and clipboard. I will also be happy to hold your mobile phones and answer all your calls. In fact, you can order me around and even kick me when things get on top of you, xuminatrix! :D

^^ actually I do need actors, but there's no script yet, so I don't know how high the foreheads have to be....

However as soon as I do, auditions will be held, when they are, remember everyone....family connections don't make you a better actor. Half my family tried to get a role :D

Trust me, sketch shows are much more difficult, hence the reason why most of them suck. I'm thinking comedy drama, with soapish elements, each episode being about 20-30 mins.

Also, I can't have the great Ngonge getting me low-fat frappacinos. No, your talents would be wasted as my PA, you'd work better as my spy in the writer's room, making sure no one comes up with a "who shot Farax?" storyline every week. Or you could flex your muscles in the hair & make-up department, your pick. :D

But if you're serious about getting involved get in touch with me, this goes for anyone.....the more Somali people on board, the better smile.gif

posted by Legend of Xu
:

Imagine a scene where he puts his cimaamad and says " Caano, waxaan Ahay Aabahaa!!!"

That's my next project, Dagaalka Xidigaha :D . Casting's under way for Darth Farax and his lesser counterpart, Darth Muse.

LOL@Caano, waxaan Ahay Aabahaa!!

Waryee General Zu jeegadaad i haysaa wallaahi.

qoordh iyo xero ka daba gaallee, i say.

Strawberry_Xu, whatever you do, make sure you give NG a fitting role.

^^^LooL am looking after you Xiinoow

Did you say "Dagaalka Xidigaha" - Am definately auditioning for that - Darth Farax if not Xidig Askari (star trooper) is my second choice - Imagine maryo cad cad and toorey with large boots made of tyres!.

Cheers