Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Look at this Massachusets Professor give an interview in af-Soomaali.

Haddad   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

I couldn't believe

Why not? Because of the looks? Because only a Somali-looking person can learn af-Somali? My appearance and af-Somali mismatch, the first incredulous question I am asked when I meet Somalis is: "Soomaali maa tahay?." Any language can be mastered by anyone.

Gabbal   

Haddad-

I have read enough discussions you took part in to know your either a natural cynic or just plain difficult for me to even converse with. Next thing you are going to tell me is how silk your hair is, how light your skin is, etc for people to mistake you for a Somali huh? Get real man, and go re-read my post in which I was clearly surprised at her "Somalization" and not her ability to speak the language. Her "Somalization" alluding to her gesturing, her indentification with the Somali people, her kaftan, her xifaalo etc. smile.gif

Ina Sankataabte-

Two can say that again! It truly is a classic. :D

Faheema.   

lol Calaa kuli xaal...she puts me to shame :D I couldn't conversate that long in somali...Waxaa i dhishay heesta, gabayga iyo maah maahda. :eek: Outstanding.

Juxa   

that is amazin walahi. she puts some somalis to shame, specially those who deny their somaliness

wicked sense of humour too. :D

nuune   

lool@maahmaahda aan badaley, "siyaasad rag waa la sal gaari waayey", this lady is classic wallaahi, geeraarkeeda xattaa waa cajjiib.

raula   

I met her back in 2001? when she came to MPLS and was invited to campus. She took us by storm with her Geraaro, mahmaahyoonin and her expertise in BURAAMBUR. She not only can do all this but give you the histories behind it. She, is one of a kind indeed. Well, she has been engrossed into the somali culture I believe since the late 70's or was it 80's(according to her -while she was doing her thesis, masters i believe).

NGONGE   

Very impressive. However, and without taking away from this lady’s brilliance, I’d like you all to listen to this guy. Not bad for someone speaking a foreign tongue. :D

What? What?

PS

Couldn’t find a clip of the incumbent president. smile.gif

QANCIYE   

she sounds like Eedaday wacadka.

Much props to her, I like how these galos are committed to certain things walaahi.