Sign in to follow this  
Somalicentric.

Somali Twin Entrepreneurs!

By far the only Somalis in the public eye that have intrigued me, (aside from k'naan) without disgusting me like the two girls from toronto ladaho "sugar rush." They've appeared on

as well.

And why is it that every time our people try to better themselves with what they have been given, a harsh comment from the “qaxooti peanut gallery” is thrown? There is ridicule and then there is “Somali ridicule” :mad:

duqa, why should one group disgust and the other intrigue you? they are all in the same line of business as far as Islam is concerned. isku qabiil maa tihiin. hehaheha

these girls are doing what iman, k'naan and sugar rush do. no difference. they are all profiting from things that Islam discourages.

As muslims, we have rules in this world and we should stick to them and avoid haraam business. these girls are running Haraam business just like others i mentioned.

wareerka maxaa waaye?

Waan kuu fahmay, they are all in the same boat when it comes to haram or what NOT Lakini in the same token I think Somaliahan there are some unwritten rules that need to be held. Sugar rush contributes nothing whatsoever of substance. I also sensed that mar-mar weyba kaa fanan Somali niimodha. Gabdahan might not be the poster children for dinta, but they do set a great example of what dalin yarta are capable of accomplishing in the western world without detaching themselves from somalia.

Further more wareerka waxa keynayo the constant badgering... I get it these people don’t fit in what we consider the “norm” I just can’t make sense on why folks like xassan adan samatar, hibo nura, tubeec and the rest of them are not ridiculed just as much… I mean what they are doing is haram too eh? double standards?? :rolleyes:

So you think K'naan is a Role model, i really beleive those two ladies that you are chastizing are better than the one you are praising. By the way Power to the sisters.

Blessed   

Their designes are amazing. The fabric, colour - cut. Nice! I hope they make it to Dubai. :D

Fall04.jpg

image001.jpg

Obviously - I wouldn't wear this out.

Senora   

I saw them on Oprah that day but forgot to check their website out, thanks for the reminder SC. Their spring collection is very pretty- love the bold colors....All the best to them smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

hope the best for them.

I like the name "mataano" sounds awesome. Inshallah they will make clothing lines thats more modest in the future....

salaaam

Oz   

2.328090.jpg

I don't think this would attract our somali ladies since majority have skinny legs. may be for the fashion world :D

Originally posted by IsseRiyole:

So you think K'naan is a Role model, i really beleive those two ladies that you are chastizing are better than the one you are praising. By the way Power to the sisters.

I don’t believe in entertainer ever being “role models” that is what our parents/relatives and communities are for, they can be great references but that is about all. As for the girls verses k‘naan, that is arguable :D

Blessed I'm sure once they make it big, Dubai aa sheygeysa they will be in Kakumo :D

Senora I'm sure you know everyone and everything that comes along oprah becomes gold, hell she did pick our president, so who is to say how far they will go, i also like the fact that they say that the culture will influence some of their designs... Mayn i would love me a mean A** guntiino ;)

Oz "I don't think this would attract our somali ladies since majority have skinny legs. may be for the fashion world"

I'm more worried about our war bruises and Ayeeyo’s burn marks when she thought fire could cure errthang and everything :D

(that is what leggings are for)

But yea you are right, they are most definitely catering to the fashion forward world, they gotta start somewhere.