Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Is the Symbolism of the Hijab lost???

Khayr   

Salams,

Reading and hearing arguments about one hijabi not wanting to shake hands of another police chief, hijabis wanting to be play sports and run track in the olympics etc.

More and more hijabis are demanding equal rights with non-hijabis.

Is the idea of the Muhajibah lost?

Is the Symbolism of the Hijab forgotten?

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Reading and hearing arguments about one hijabi not wanting to shake hands of another police chief, hijabis wanting to be play sports and run track in the olympics etc.

What's wrong with that? :confused:

Khayr   

^^^

Nothing is wrong with that the same way nothing is wrong with A. Yusuf getting Ethiopians and Americans to bomb the hell out of other somalis. :rolleyes:

Jacpher   

^Stay at home Muxajaba or least possible ikhtilaad! Get it?

Nothing is wrong with that the same way nothing is wrong with A. Yusuf getting Ethiopians and Americans to bomb the hell out of other somalis.

lol@khayr. You're terrible. Violet thought women's corner was safe from those kind of qarxis.

Raxmah   

i think khayr is right how could one run in the olympics and not have to wear tight clothing and not having to bring attention to themselves? how can a muhajabah shake hands with a male police officer. the hijab has become nothing but a symbol I AM A MUSLIM but not acting upon it and doing what non-muhajabahs are doing. is the hijab just a symbol or do we put it upon ouselves to do what a muhajabah is suppose to do like cover our selves and to forbid tight clothing and to not shake hands with men who are not related to us? please for those who replied to this with a negative comment please sit back and try to understsand what Khayr is trying to say

Modesty   

Yes, many somali girls and others from muslim societies don't know why they are wearing hijab. I saw this somali girl with hijab having this african american guy hugging her and slapping her behind with hijab on! I see foul mouthed hears with their headscarves, subhan'Allah. It's like people want to fit into western culture yet they don't know who they are and what their religion is. It's really sad. And there are the ones who wear hijab and want to be seen as "wadaad" girls yet they have this extra pride which Allah doesn't like. Anyhow, why be a police officer knowing you will come into contact with men and say I don't shake hands with them, or run in the olympics in hijab that is ridiculous, stop trying to be like gaalo and be yourselves. sheesh

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Khayr:

^^^

Nothing is wrong with that the same way nothing is wrong with A. Yusuf getting Ethiopians and Americans to bomb the hell out of other somalis. :rolleyes:

Whoa bud, easy there. What does President Abdullahi have to do with the topic at hand? :confused:

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Modesty:

why be a police officer knowing you will come into contact with men and say I don't shake hands with them, or run in the olympics in hijab that is ridiculous, stop trying to be like gaalo and be yourselves. sheesh

Don't you come into contact with men at school, on the bus, at the mall, at work etc. Are you going to stop going outside all together just to avoid unnecessary contact with men? :confused:

Haneefah   

Nothing is wrong with that the same way nothing is wrong with A. Yusuf getting Ethiopians and Americans to bomb the hell out of other somalis.

Sometimes I feel like iney labo fiilo iskakaa dabamareen markaad sidan u hadasho. Inaba caadi ma tihid.

Perhaps, you should kindly present to us the idea of the muhajaba? I mean, if a school girl simply demanding her right to play with her hijab on becomes comparable to the actions of a brutal warlord ( :confused: ) , then surely you must be the expert.

And there are the ones who wear hijab and want to be seen as "wadaad" girls yet they have this extra pride which Allah doesn't like.

And I suppose you have an access to cilmul gheyb, for how else would you know the fact that the motive of that hijabi is 'to be seen as wadaadad'.

Walee, some ppl never cease to amaze me with their constant, unsubstantiated assertions.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Haneefah:
quote:

Sometimes I feel like iney labo fiilo iskakaa dabamareen markaad sidan u hadasho. Inaba caadi ma tihid.

Perhaps, you should kindly present to us the
idea
of the muhajaba? I mean, if a school girl simply demanding her right to play with her hijab on becomes comparable to the actions of a brutal warlord ( :confused: ) , then surely you must be the expert.

Salams,

Look, the member (Violet) is asking me a question in a cynical manner, so I gave them what I felt was a proper response. No need to beat around the bush, just tell it straight. I can't argue about hijabis with someone that champions an outright munafiq leader who killed thousands of muslims-all because they waved the flag of ISLAM. smile.gif

Raxmah,

You are spot on!

It really makes fun of the symbolism of the Hijab when hijabis mimick action for action, that which a non-hijabi aspires to be-the MODERN CITIZEN.

JUSTICE   

Don't you people get bored talking about the same old thing. Hijab is hijab, take it or leave it, which what I suggest all of you do.

Islam is bigger than the hijab,why limit our thoughts about how a woman should dress??

Back to the main thing, this police officer seem to be on another palnet, what is wrong with shaking hands...... its not like he is gona eat her or something. Beside, shaking hands with others who are not your relatives is not forbidden, as I think.

**Why everyone is trying to live in Suadi Arabia??? Following thier odd rules