Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

London Underground Explosions

N.O.R.F   

Questions: (please answer briefly and clearly)

When one brings up the sayings "well look at what is hapening in Iraq/palestine/Afganistan" after a terrist attack in the west, does that not mean "what goes around comes around? If not, why not?

Does mearly bringing this up mean that the sayer believes its ok for innocents to suffer due to the actions of other terrorists elsewhere?

USA violated the Geneva Convention, does it give another the right to breach it likewise (even though the rules of War are clear to all learned muslims)?

Do we condone similiar action because 'they did it also'?

Kashafa   

Northener,

I think most of us clearly condemned ALL cowards who kill ALL innocent people EVREYWHERE in the world.(that does include cowards in well-pressed uniforms)

What some of us object to is the way Ngonge justifys the Iraq/Afghanistan war while condeming the London bombings. Killing civillians in war is ok(as long as it's civillised), but attacking my city of London is wrong.

How do you respond to that kinda B.S ?

STOIC   

Boys! boys!.A surge of suicide attacks-largely against civilians-will have no military effect on the western world.Terorist actions in itself is not expected by its perpetrators to accomplish a political goal but instead it will only change target audience behaviour in a way that will only serve the terorist(make them feel they accomplished something).Now we know that terorist actions are calculated decisions derived from a "conscious" rational decision.Why don't they use their cognitive flexibility and target their superior enemies (military and government facilities) instead of targeting innocent civilians?.Now don't come up with the humilation-revenge theory of the victims.If they feel that they were violated by certain government, why don't they target them directly.Sounds alittle risky? No problem.Try to tolerate ambiguity and come up with a new idea of avoiding civilians while getting your voice across.I beleive that anyone who target civilians is driven by subcortial brain activity that have overuled the more rational cortex. :mad:

Haddad   

Originally posted by STOIC:

I beleive that anyone who target civilians is driven by subcortial brain activity that have overuled the more rational cortex.

Are you serious? Do you know what beleive does? I think you got carried away with emotions, and meant think by beleive.

I think these bombings are supposed to enrage western states to act inhumanely towards their muslism citizens. I mean we have got all these policies that are emerging after every attack – and the worst thing to be nowadays is to be a terrorist. When homegrown terrorists, such the Ireland bombings, the Oklahoma bombing in the states are prosecuted through pre-existing laws and when citizens of foreign origins commit crimes similar to these – they are taken aside, and prosecuted with a specialty made laws that are harsh, irrational [which are often accepted by the majority of the people due to fear] and abusive to innocent bystanders [Muslims in general]. That I don’t agree with – and nor do I agree with guerilla style tactics of political communication.

STOIC

Although insurgents can attack the government directly without hurting citizens as you argue, are you forgetting that the government is formed by civilians?

Clearly we need to brainstorm more adequate mechanisms for political discourse apart from these barbaric means – which dehumanize our religion in the eyes of disbelievers.

shyhem   

I can see there is alot of i think theories going around here.

The war on Iraq is Bush and Blair's war,its was unjust war and a wrong one just as the bombing of LOndon and 911 Nyc are wrong and unjust.In both Iraq and London there are innocent victims and "in the mind of a terrorist there are no innocent bystanders"

In this world there are two types of terrorists, those who represent the state and those who are loosely co-ordinated,usually afew members.They both have something in common,they don't believe in the notion that there are innocent victims (civillian) of their actions.

Baluug   

I just got up about 1/2 hour ago,changed my kids' diapers and gave them breakfast and turned on the computer.First thing I saw was "London Under Attack" I'm not really sure yet what happened,other than that more than 40 people are dead,but I just want to make sure you guys are all OK.This is a very serious tragedy that we,as Muslims,should speak out against,because this type of activity is very,very haraam.

STOIC   

Animal Farm, The need to attack a government bent on injustice might justify an attack but targeting the civilians who are not actively taking part in an unjust coercive effort will be much harder to justify,Simply because of the nature of the target.The contention that you can melt the civilians heart by bombing them is based on false premises(open for discussion).The Iraqi war was not a comforting decison to many civilians but the government did not paid any attention.Even if the civilians modify their behaviour and attitude you will still have uncle Sam with different agenda!.

nuune   

Alxamdu Alshukri, that everyone is okey, I was much worried of my families there, thanks to Allah, they are all alright.

STOIC

You are right -------| regardless of public opinion, global pressure and many of the anti-everything camps against the rise of neo-conservatives did not advance their anti-war speech/walk orgies to effect policy, but instead they have managed to excite verbal activists.

Michael Moore watching students and weed smoking hippie professors can’t affect policy. Even wealthy politically correct liberals are afraid to voice their opinions against the aggressors – its only control of economics, but control of our minds as well. We got Muslim people changing their names to non-Muslim names like John, Adam, Smith and DAVE.

Soon we will be facing enlighten annihilation through policy - and we might be soon dreaming of the days when we had procedural involvement in public policies. These terrorists are not helping the Muslim people --- they’re promoting Islamphobia and that cannot be a good a thing.

Raxmah   

Salaams

alhamdulilah u guys are ok. may allah make it easy for eveyone who suffered this shameful incident, Hope everyone gets home safe.

--

The killing of innocent people in the middle east is no different than what happened in London. It was killing innocent people. We should condemn these kind of actions no matter where. We should respect the human soul whether muslims or not.

Castro   

does that not mean "what goes around comes around? If not, why not?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Karma is a m%tha f%cka!

We all have our own thoughts on this.

The Iraq/Afghanistan war enraged every Muslim and a lot of non-Muslims in its unjustness.

However, I think we are mixing things here.

WHO carried out these bombings? And HOW did blasting innocents in London help those Palestinians under Israel's thumb or the Iraqis?

If they haven't helped anyone in the Middle East, and if they haven't helped any Muslims in the West....WHY are we trying to defend and justify their actions under the guise of 'concern' for our Muslim brothers and sisters elsewhere?

Every single terrorist act that has been carried out so far has DAMAGED MUSLIMS MORE THAN ANY WAR IN IRAQ OR AFGHANISTAN COULD because it has affected the lives of the WHOLE UMMAH (and not just 2 countries).

What sort of Muslims would hurt their own people?

WHY ARE WE LETTING COLD-BLOODED KILLERS COMMIT ATTROCITIES IN THE NAME OF ISLAM?

WHY ARE WE LETTING THEM KILL IN OUR NAME?

I despair.