Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

London Underground Explosions

NGONGE   

What utter and pure nonsense. The invasion of Afghanistan was wholly justified.

The Iraq invasion, whilst imperialistic, opportunistic and resulting in the loss of countless lives, was also justified. In both cases, both Iraq and Afghanistan were given warnings as to the impending attacks. Both governments were giving ample opportunity to comply with the (albeit unfair) demands of the “world†community and even, in the case of Saddam, offered safe passage out of Iraq. Both were conventional wars. In both cases, people knew that the Americans were coming and even knew when the bombing (give or take 48 hours) was going to start.

War and the blowing up of commuter trains, buses and taxis cannot be compared in anyway, shape or form.

To argue that one understands the “desperation†of the suicide bombers but would rate them as marginally less wicked than an invading army is repugnantly offensive. There is no desperation here. There is nothing but folly and recklessness (I’m being generous to the murdering oafs).

Much thanks to all the Non-Londoners for their concern.

Juma, do you still live in my neck of the woods? If so, it should be ok from Victoria.

Animal Farm, thank you.

Rahima, I know, it will only get worse.

Athena,

Still haven't figured out how am going to get home. Which hospital is your mum at? And safe journey home to you and everyone else, Insha'Allah.

Gelle   

Don`t you Guys find it odd that only 20 mins

after the Explosion, Al-Qaida and Co were already the main suspects(even though i dont doubt that they are behind this) I honestly think that the media along with the British Gov, jumped the gun!

The western world, will not be satisfied with only pointing their fingers at the sick creatures who commited this awfully and cowardly act. The will blame the Muslim community in UK. and Muslims world wide.

It's a crying shame that people like the once behind this, are willing to sacrifice the lifes of Million of muslims in order to get back at Tony Blair and Co. When will this nonesense stop! we `re the one`s suffring.

Alhamdu lillah that most of you are are okay. I was on my way to central london to go shopping when I was delayed by some family matter.

I feel positively nauseous at the idea of someone doing this in the name of Islam. I just hope not many children were hurt.

I do fear a backlash against muslims now. More from the general public than the government/police. I especially fear for those muslims who live in areas with large amount of BNP voters like Barking.

I dare not imagine the effect this will have on the number of BNP memberships.

I live in an area tbat's currently infested with chavs and yobs who always had a thing against muslims, and there are many Somali/muslim businesses here who could be vunerable to attacks and abuse. Though I pray for the innocent muslims and non-muslims caught in these horrendous attacks, I am also worried for the Somali community and the danger they might face.

Guys, I truly blv Ilaahay is on my side. I missed getting on the piccadilly line by mere minutes (I was running late...imagine getting stuck there). I took a cab instead thinking it was my station only

Athena masha allah you're so lucky for missing train. I can imagine all the people who were cursing the buses for not getting them to the station on time are now secretly thanking the shoddy london bus service.

For those still stuck in central london, I pray for your safe journey.

Castro   

What utter and pure nonsense. The invasion of Afghanistan was wholly justified.

The Iraq invasion, whilst imperialistic, opportunistic and resulting in the loss of countless lives, was also justified.

Wow! If I were in London, and have survived the mayhem, I'd immediately hit a pub and imbibe enough brew to exorcise my mind off people like you NGOGE.

Imperialistic, opportunistic acts that resulted in loss of countless lives are wholy justified. Madam, if you we were any more oxymoronic, I'd have fainted.

Wow...

ADNAAN   

Good to see that most of you are ok.

Found out this morning and since then i am still looking for some of my family members but inshalaah they will be fine. I have already taken the day off work to just wait to hear from them.

Originally posted by ofleh:

quote:
The question is, do you support this boming? If not, why not then condemn it and leave your believe of Mr Blair for another day?

I do not engage in hollow condemnations. They are a dime a dozen and mean nothing. I also believe violence begets violence. We can't expect, as people who live in the west (not westeners), to stick our d!cks up people's a$$es overseas and live happily ever after.

That's all.
Very blunt and some what true indeed.

it was s/thing we were expecting since 9/11. Let us not forget that U.K is a country which is at war with many Muslim countries. Atrocities happen in Iraq on daily basis on a much bigger magnitude, so at least people here will have some taste of how everyday life is for the ordinary Iraqis.

Causalities so far

At least 33 fatalities, expected to rise to up to 45.

Casualties of the bus blast are yet to be confirmed

Over 100 Ambulances were involved. Police aren't yet sure if suicide bombers were part of it and its also unclear if Al-Qadir claims are genuine.

Casualty tel number 0870 1566 344

Kashafa   

Ngonge,

I understand your city has been hit hard by a horrific terrorist attack, I can also understand you have feelings of anger, fear, and terror(kinda of like what people in Palestine go through on a daily basis).

If you need to lash out to relive your stress, do so. but not on the account of your fellow Muslims who had nothing to do with either Saddam Hussien or the Taliban. Try writing a letter to your MP.

shyhem   

I'm glad most of the members from london are fine up until now, and hopefully everyone will be o.k.

Trust me,the backlash will have most of you thinking u never left Somalia.Fingers will be pointed at the muslim communities,wiretaps,video survelliance,the racist on tv with a hidden agenda will have a field day and worst of all hijabified sisters will mostly likely be harrassed on daily basis.

The muslim community in UK should condemn this horrible acts and at the same time make sure they speak against all hate crimes directed at the community.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by ofleh:

Madam, if you we were any more oxymoronic, I'd have fainted.

36_12_6.gif36_12_6.gif36_12_6.gif

Warya how dare you call Mzee Ngonge madam..? No wonder you find sanction in the Pub.. :D

salam all; glade you are all okay; i was worried about you guys; there are so many people walking on the streets; i just finally got home, after an hour of walking, fighting for taxi; alhumdililah i'm home; i hope the rest of you get home safetly; my friend waz injuried on the train by the smoke and glass, and they won't let me in to see her either; but she is okay alhudulilah;

us muslims will be held responsible for this regardless of whether you condem them or not; so why borther;

maca salamah

Saabir   

It's a tragic event that every person with a sound brain should condemn. But according to Ngongne the killing of innocent Iraqis and afghanis is justiffied!!!!!. Ngogne, dont u think that those who condone this act in London and those who condone the war in Iraq (here it's u ) are the same???

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Papamaine513:

Ngonge,

I understand your city has been hit hard by a horrific terrorist attack, I can also understand you have feelings of anger, fear, and terror(kinda of like what people in Palestine go through on a daily basis).

If you need to lash out to relive your stress, do so. but not on the account of your fellow Muslims who had nothing to do with either Saddam Hussien or the Taliban. Try writing a letter to your MP.

Compare like with like, my children, like with like. Apples with apples...triangles with triangles..get the drift?

When simpletons try to equate wars that are fought between armies to reckless acts perpetrated by half-witted Mullahs I enjoy pointing out how simplistic they’re being.

Do you actually read what you write? What’s with the lashing out to relieve stress?

At the expense of fellow Muslims you say? Had nothing to do with Saddam and the Taliban you say? Oh! I despair, I really do.

Ofleh, not content with talking nonsense, you’ve now taken up drinking I see! Tell me again about how angry you are about your fellow Muslims in Iraq, sport. I trust you’ll have the good manners of putting your beer pint down as you speak about your fellow Muslims.

Let us try it one more time. I’ve pointed out how nonsensical your argument was and expect you to defend it (should you have the ability to do so). If, however, you prefer to throw girly insults, I’ll be more than happy to tweak your pigtails. Which will it be, my fellow ardent Muslim?

OG_Girl   

Guys I am very glad you all fine and your families.I couldn't imagine if anything bad happened to you. Thanks to Allah. My prayers to victims and their families.

Sue, girl I was really worried about you once I heard this news. I just remember you were from London.

Athena , glad you were running late ..lazy little girl smile.gif

Salam