Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

London Underground Explosions

Athena,

Yeah, I noticed. But all those stations serve the City of London too.

_41277335_central_londonblast4_map.gif

As for 'Al-Qaeda' claiming responsibility, thats pretty much expected, isn't it? Someone sneezes and an 'Al-Qaeda' plonker somewhere claims responsibilty.

Just makes Muslim lives' that much harder. Like we don't have enough problems as it is.

Rahima   

Hope not, he would be seriously contradicting himself if that will be the case, which I thoroughly dismiss.

To be honest, i don't believe him as far as i could throw the man. The consequences may not be so blatant as to attack Muslims so openly or be obvious to everyone, but trust me, there will be consequences. At the very least, Muslims will be suspects and many will be questioned and searched and have their lives disrupted, at the very worst there will be backlash against the whole of the Muslim community, if not by the government then by the general public.

I sure as hell hope that this will not happen, but sadly judging by the initial comments coming out (already the foremost suspects are Al-Qaida, which many will translate as Muslims) this is not looking good for the Muslims. Judging by the choice of wording from Tony Blair it is not looking good for the Muslims.

Sky   

Zephyrine is the neighbourhood Paddington in that area. If so, I need to call my relatives there to see if they're Ok.

Quite frankly, I dont even want to think about the 'consequences'... I just wanna snuggle under my blanket and hope to wake up to protests against poverty and celebrations for winning the olympics. :(

Rahima, whether you do believe or not the PM, what he said is what all of us should feel and believe at this hour, regardless of who carried this attack.

Rather than most of us speculating who did this and what will the fate of Muslims in the UK will be, instead we should all condemn this bombing whole heartily. There is no excuse for bombing innocent people whoever might have carried this. It goes to show these people have no respect for human lives.

Now is the time to condemn this and all of us we should stand united in rejection of terrorism.

Castro   

I agree with the above and Condemn this bombing whoever might have carried it.

I couldnt have put it better than the PM did when he gave his statmen to the bombing.

"It is important that those engaged in terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and our way of life ........ blah blah freedom.... blah blah ..... terrorists ...... blah blah ....... extremists......... blah blah civilization."

Tony Blair is a war criminal. His words are meaningless as they are meant to deceive and not comfort. People often forget that the UK is engaged in a brutal, unjust and "illegal" invasion of Iraq. And since chickens always come home to roost, it is not so shocking to see this happen. There are precedents.

Please let us not get carried away and start thinking we're part of this "civilized" world the war criminal is referring to. We're not now and will never be a part of it.

Originally posted by ofleh:

Tony Blair is a war criminal. His words are meaningless as they are meant to deceive and not comfort. People often forget that the UK is engaged in a brutal, unjust and "illegal" invasion of Iraq.

Ofleh whatever you feel about Mr Blair, this bombing cant be used to justify that. The killing of innocent people cant be justified at all. The question is, do you support this boming? If not, why not then condemn it and leave your believe of Mr Blair for another day?

Rahima   

Rahima, whether you do believe or not the PM, what he said is what all of us should feel and believe at this hour, regardless of who carried this attack.

I’ve already said it is something to be frowned upon and I can’t imagine that anyone would be delighted about what occurred, but in reality people die of similar and just as gruesome incidences every day (Palestine to name one, action of coalition forces in Iraq, Afgnaistan etc)- I don’t need Tony Blair to tell me how I should feel about the issue or agree with the whole of his Dubya like speech to condemn what occured. Speculations are already flying around and they are directed towards the Muslims.

But like I said, what I worry about is that this will not be looked at objectively but the blame will be laid automatically on you guessed it, the Muslims (this does not necessarily translate to agreement or justification). This will be far more reaching than what has happened today. People get over these incidences, over time all Londoners will come out to the daylight, but the consequences will linger.

This is the exact reason why I don’t believe that Muslims do such things (and if they do, they aren’t very bright), because it harms us before anyone else.

STOIC   

Aucuthubillahi...Are you guys okay!.I just wake up and had the news this morning.I hope all of you guys are okay.This scared the heck out of me.Glad to see all of you doing okay(the ones that responded to the thread).

for once i actually agree with ofle; which is not something that happens everyday;

rahima yeah sis i can see repercussion for muslim people, no doubt, next time i get on a bus or train, i'd expect a lot of people to move out of my way, in fear that i have something hiddin behind all them clothes;

just cause; aint no one saying that bombing is the right way or prasing them in an way, shape or form; as for the people who died or injuried; dee i wis them well, like all the other million people that died each day and no one blinks an eye for; my thoughts are with them and my prayers for the muslims;

it would be silly though just cause not to look into the furture and forsee the problems that this will cause for us muslims living in britain, wh already have enough problems as it is because of events that ocurr around the world in the past;

maca salamah

Castro   

Ofleh whatever you feel about Mr Blair, this bombing cant be used to justify that.

That is true since I didn't perpertrate the bombing.

The killing of innocent people cant be justified at all.

It is justified everyday on the BBC, CNN and every other western medium in the name of freedom and democracy. The innocent, in this case, London commuters are of higher level of innocence than Baghdad commuters. And I've never seen you get all hot and bothered to condemn their daily bombings.

The question is, do you support this boming? If not, why not then condemn it and leave your believe of Mr Blair for another day?

I do not engage in hollow condemnations. They are a dime a dozen and mean nothing. I also believe violence begets violence. We can't expect, as people who live in the west (not westeners), to stick our d!cks up people's a$$es overseas and live happily ever after.

That's all.

Sincere   

Ofleh,

I also believe violence begets violence. We can't expect, as people who live in the west (not westeners), to stick our d!cks up people's a$$es overseas and live happily ever after.

You my friend are a work of art. London nomads in SOL are affected by this, their friends, family, aquintances, and you are going off in a tirade justifying these vile acts. War hedhe isku xishood, there's a place and time for everything, fadlan save your righteous rhetoric

I don’t see how this is an argument and I’m saddened that some are looking to start it for their own whims and entertainment. :(

This is wrong. One wrong doesn’t justify another and the British public have stood high and tall against the war on Iraq. There is simply no justification to attack British civilians and specially ethnic London.

Let us not get carried away now. The people that carry out these bombing don't give a sh!t about Muslims. Not you, not me and not anyone else. How many Muslims commute everyday? I bet half of the injured probably are Muslims.

Also, if we talk about bombings in Baghdad, how many have there been so far? Ever other day something is blown up, and every other day the only people killed are Iraqis. Now, tell me...who are these bombers fighting for? Who are they helping? Surely not the Iraqis and definitely not the Muslims, because those are the people they hurt the most.

They are as misguided as the so-called defenders of freedom and democracy.