Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Taleex vs. Qardho

Kool_Kat   

isnt Taleex a neighborhood in xamar between KM4 and kaaso balbalaare.

Yup that's that only Taleex I know...Not even more so the xaafad, but the Hotel/Baar Taleex... :D

Ms DD, I must say I'm kinda surprised!!!SOL indeed changed you...But for the better, methinks... ;)

Yup that's that only Taleex I know...Not even more so the xaafad, but the Hotel/Baar Taleex... [big Grin]

Eeddo, I used to be a bartender in Taleex, and there used to be few female customers there Intaqfurulaah...Jokes aside though, walhi I hail few block (maybe 1/2 a mile) down the road. Anyone here from shineemo Shuun? redface.gif

Kool_Kat   

^Waagaan ka hadlooyo, nanac qori anoo afka iigu jiro oo Aabeheey (AUN) gacanta iga wado aan aadi jiray... :D Shineemo Shuuna ma'aqaani, ee Shineemo Ekawatore iga wareyso ani...Aaaah the good ol' memories... :(

Geelle, sawirkaan hoos ka muuqdo ma xasuusan kartaa. Meeshaa sheegeysid kasoo qaaday waa aan Xamar ku noqday.

Xamar10.jpg

I guess waxaa daganayd jidka dheer Hoteel Taleex iridiisa ku aadanaa oo ku dhici jiray Shaneemo Shuun, soo agmari iyo hormari jirayna darbiyada Carwada iyo Isteeshinka Hodan.

Maxaa guryo gaal oo eeyo waa weyn leh meeshaas ku yaalo dhagaxaan ku tuurnay every other Jimco, anagoo ciyaalkeena ka nimid barxadda Warshadda Kookada oo xaafadeena u noqoneyno.

I once enrolled to a Karate school inside the Carwada ... i remember the short, dark and strong guy who was the teacher. He was so scary inkaari ku dhacday ,,, :D

Grant   

Hi Nuune-

Hi Ghelle.T,

I do know about Jalle Hersi. So far, he has been the only one of my acquaintences I have been able to relocate.

I finally found the pictures I took in Jilib in 1966. I e-mailed admin to ask if he wanted them, but have not received a reply. The stock photos for profit link does not work.

Would folks here like to see them, and how does one post?

Buuxo   

YES PLEASE GRANT.Do post them. We have been waiting for them patiently. YOu have to do some image hosting thingy. and then post the link,i have been told.

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Ms DD, I must say I'm kinda surprised!!!SOL indeed changed you...But for the better, methinks...
;)

For the better eh? I am glad someone thinks so hon.

nuune   

Grant, Hi there, hope you doing great, yess please post them once you find how to do it, as Cabdiyo said, image hosting wesbites is the best way.

Looking forward to the pictures you took smile.gif

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Geelle, sawirkaan hoos ka muuqdo ma xasuusan kartaa. Meeshaa sheegeysid kasoo qaaday waa aan Xamar ku noqday.

Xamar10.jpg

I guess waxaa daganayd jidka dheer Hoteel Taleex iridiisa ku aadanaa oo ku dhici jiray Shaneemo Shuun, soo agmari iyo hormari jirayna darbiyada Carwada iyo Isteeshinka Hodan.

Maxaa guryo gaal oo eeyo waa weyn leh meeshaas ku yaalo dhagaxaan ku tuurnay every other Jimco, anagoo ciyaalkeena ka nimid barxadda Warshadda Kookada oo xaafadeena u noqoneyno.

OOh goodness, MMA that is shaneemo shuum AKA shaneemada curyaaminta aka shaneemo casa de populare. waxaa ka soo sawirtay dhinaca jidka shaqaalaha. If you have more pics oo xaafada Hodan pls do post them.

KK, marka ekwotore haddii sheegatay, you're repping either buullo xuubey ama zona school xamar sare..

Thanks Grant for posting the pics, they look good indeed. Just wonder how Jilib would look today mmm. Grant talk to the admin and see if he can actually embed your collection of picture(from Somalia) in this site.

Grant   

These shots are of opposite ends of main street.

The paved road from Kismayu ended about where the first photo was taken. That is the minaret of the mosque on the left.

At that time, Jilib was the admistrative center for Juubbada Hoose. Gedo had not yet been created. The white building was built by the Italians and was the District Commisioner's office on the left and the post office on the right.

You see a couple power poles. By 1967 we had intermittant electricity for a couple of hours in the evening, from a gas generator next to the DC's office, but only at that end of town.