Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Taleex vs. Qardho

Grant, you really have a sharp memory to detail the place like that is just amazing. I have been to Jilib back in 1990s when the civil war broke out and spent couple of days in the town. All I remember of those 2 days are mosquitoes.

Laba-X   

Horta reer Qardhoodku weli sidii miyey dadka u shiidaan. Habeenkii dhawaaqa jiingadaadan ka seexan karin oo kii daqiiqad ka hor kula taagnaa ayaad markaad kala tagtaan ku dhagxinaya fiidkii! Cajaa'ib.

Bal maxaa isu keenay Taleex iyo Qardho

BOB   

Originally posted by Ms DD:

the only true city that matters is Xamar cadeey. The rest, you dont need to know
smile.gif

Haye Dhuc-Dhuc & Dhaylo ma biloowday...Xamar cadeey wee ahaan jirtay but unfortunately NOT ANYMORE...I know Xamar waa caasimadeyda oo af lagaado igama mudna laakiin in my eyes magaaladeyda aa igala fiican 1000%!

by the way Qardho aa rabtaan inaa xoog caan uga dhigtaan adiga iyo aw seef la bood aka Sayid Soomaal teeda kale waa dead give away qabiilka aa tahay...because Ilma Cusmaan Dooy :D (Like we say in Calanleey) inaa tahay bee sheegeysaa tuuladaas Qardho ah..its like one saying he or she's from Laas Caanood or Ceel Buur or Burco or Qandala or even Hiiraan but yours truly comes from arguably the most cosmopolitan city in entire Somalia...because Kismaayo waxaa wada dagan Soomaali oo qabiil walbo leh, baajuun, carab, hindi iyo Somali bantu and we all live side by side without isolating one another...marba hadaa Kista ka imaatay that's Qabiilka aa tahay amongst the reer Kismaayo...magacaas aa sheegtay aa aqoonsi kuu ah but can reer Mudug say that iyagoo aan kusii weydiin which side of Gaal Kacyo do you hail from?

I know Xamar waa la isku dhex jiray hadana waxaa jiray xaafado ay certain qabiil u badnaayeen for example markuu qof ku dhaho waxaan ka imaaday Xamar Weyne ama Shingaani ama Wardhiigleey ama Hawl-Wadaag you instantly think...oh this person is so and so but Alxamdulillaah in Kista we don't have that...Baashi will testify to that or even Garaad Xiin who knows few things about beloved Kismaayo.

PS. Sayid...as far as you're concerned this topic is DEAD marka don't bite my tiny neck off...let's toy with it...aniga Dhuc-Dhuc & Dhaylo bey noo taalaa and by the way Aaliyah let me know when you want me to start my lesson for you about Kismaayo...the city that you should learn about before Qardho or Buuhoodle :D .

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Grant   

http://www.mudugonline.com/*****tainSaltanates/dar aawiish_resistance.htm

"By the end of 1909 the Daraawiish had moved to Caday-Dheero then two years later they moved to Dameero and later to Taleex. At Taleex, the heart of the Nugaal valley, the Daraawiish reunited and started to build their most strategic garrisons. Taleex was a strategic place as it was the centre between Haud, the Red Sea, the Indian Ocean, the ********** Sultanate, the Hobyo Sultanate and British Somaliland. It was abundant in water and pasture. There the Daraawiish built four garrisons:[61] Silsilad could take two thousand fighters and five thousand animals, Falaad was the executive mansion for the Sayid and his advisers, Daawad was for guests and Eegi or Daar-Ilaalo was made as outpost for the xarun. Simultaneously the Daraawiish built seven other forts for the defence of Taleex.[62] These garrisons were situated at between 10 to 40 miles from Taleex and were named Daar-cad, Gacal-guule, Xalin, Dhumay, Geeda-mirale, Cawshaan and Nuguul. Outside Nugaal, the Daraawiish built 23 garrisons employed to guard the headquarters from British Somaliland, the ********** and Hobyo sultanates, the Italians and Abyssinians.[63] They extended from Qardho to Jarriiban in the east, from Jiidali, Cirshiid and Shimbibiris in the north, from Kiridh and Qorraxay in the west (Western Somaliland) and from Beled-weyne and Shilaabo in Italian Somaliland."

I believe it is Falaad that is at Tallex.

Grant   

Odaygan wa Maalin Peacecoporpska. I will let you explain the second part of that any way you want, Nepthys. Your zenophobia is showing. ;)

Aaliyyah   

Bob, I don't mind learning about Kismayo. If somalia becomes one day inshallah developed and the war stops I ACTUALLY see myself living there...from what I heard its beautiful city.

qalin iyo warqad ayaan so qaatay, bilow markaa ...

salaam

Aaliyah

What's stopping you from visiting somalia now? Besides the south, most of somalia is relatively peaceful(but still somewhat dangerous). I plan to visit sometime soon, inshallah.

You should go to sool, caynaba, sanaag(from pictures looks green an beautiful) etc and all over puntland. :And Bossaso is on it's way to become a world class african city. So there are plenty of options for you if you wanna visit somalia. smile.gif

Kismaayo was a beautiful city, but just like mogadisho the war has devastated the city and there is barely any development there.

*BOB

You're misinformed, cities like qardho, bossaso etc are very diverse and not just one clan lives there. In fact there are Oromo people, and people of all clans living in puntland. Most somali's have actually moved north, so it would not be surprising if the north is more diverse now.

Originally posted by Laba_X:

Horta reer Qardhoodku weli sidii miyey dadka u shiidaan. Habeenkii dhawaaqa jiingadaadan ka seexan karin oo kii daqiiqad ka hor kula taagnaa ayaad markaad kala tagtaan ku dhagxinaya fiidkii! Cajaa'ib.

Bal maxaa isu keenay
Taleex iyo
Qardho

Ari’boowe!! Miyaad waalatay mise gabar reer waqooyi/koonfur ah baad is tusaysaa?

Hadadan ku mermersan labadan mid uun – manta ka bacdi magacaagu ma ahan laba_X ee waxaa laguu aqoon ‘laba_la’

by the way Qardho aa rabtaan inaa xoog caan uga dhigtaan adiga iyo aw seef la bood aka Sayid Soomaal teeda kale waa dead give away qabiilka aa tahay...because Ilma Cusmaan Dooy (Like we say in Calanleey) inaa tahay bee sheegeysaa tuuladaas Qardho ah..

hadaanan qortay ka jariin - reer qardhood hagu yeerin :D

Bag Of Bones - FYI - more than 48 clans live in qardho - that is 8 more than Kismaayo - as well as being peaceful enought for non somalis to live there as well icon_razz.gif

Aaliya - as it seems the only one willing and able to learn anything from this thread - can we have your testomonial from you please?? :D