Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Taleex vs. Qardho

^ I think the whole purpose of this thread was to reveal people's Social Security Cards :D good for Mr.Sayid. Mahaan ka soo baracay aa lagaa raba heee ;)

Ms DD   

Inaan soo xansad ayaa rabaa horta before afka aan iska ceebeyn..but would i be far off, if i was to say around sanaag area,laas caanood? Just throwing few ideas.. smile.gif

Emperor   

If we are talking about history, I would say Taleh has more historical significance than any other Somali city let alone Qardho. However, Qardho is a lot better than Taleh interms of city, and interms of thaqaafah and civilization, I don't even know if one is qualified to refer Taleh as a city. It was the base of the Sayid and thats about it.

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

^^^I left somalia when I was really young. But, that wont be an excuse cuz inshallah I intend to learn more.

salaam

p.s. How about you give me a geography lesson
:D

So did I, but one can still learn about somali cities. Qalin iyo warqaad so qaado, I will give you your lessons and will start from ras kambooni and go all the way to saylac. :D

There are lot of historical cities people may not know about, for example xaafun is said to be the location of opone, the ancient trade center.

Originally posted by Ms DD:

Inaan soo xansad ayaa rabaa horta before afka aan iska ceebeyn..but would i be far off, if i was to say around sanaag area,laas caanood? Just throwing few ideas..
smile.gif

I didn't get ur question but like to answer if you clarify it. :D

Masha'Alla - the topic has served it purpose - i hope more of you have researched (looked at maps, asked elders, read books etc) as result of this thread.

As for what these two places have in common: They are only two places that existed before the colonizers and yet that did not colonist station post in any where in somalia :cool: and yes i am from both of them. i use to look after animals in the valleys and ranges in between them untill i was 12yrs old.

end of thread.

Malika   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Hey I found taleex as well.

oh my god taleex is in
SOOL region. I should be ashamed of myself...

salaam

^ :D:D ,that made me laugh.Shame on you Aaliyah. icon_razz.gif

Now you know there is more to SOOL then Lascanood keliyaah? :D

Grant   

The constructions at Tallex are no earlier than twentieth century. But the underground stream that makes life there possible has been there much, much longer. My quess is that the rock falls around the stream and several areas near it will eventually provide major archaeological finds.

nuune   

^^ Grant, welcome back, good to see you givin us information on that place since you know more about it, and propably witnessed it in its earlierst years smile.gif

I don't what good Malika learned in this thread. But I learned that Sayid would demote himself and go local to defend Qardho, a city he was told was great---and it was great from the prespective of the community that lived there, but NOT by any historical measure!

Time to change Sayid's nick. From Sayid Somal, to Sayid Qardho :D !

We still love Sayid though.

Waryaa Sayid, I have been waiting so anxiously for you to educate us about sacredness of Qardho, and you came up with this lame lines "no colonial posts." Shame on you bro icon_razz.gif In that case, it's no different than 1000s of other villages that pre-exist colonial and have not seen colonial station post.

Grant, it seems that you have some good recollections of the places you have been back in the days. By the way, have you heard that your instructor at Columbia Hersi Megan Isse passed away little while ago?