Che -Guevara

Kidnappings and assassinations of young Somali men and women in Nairobi

Where are our girls? Eastleigh mothers cry out for missing daughters

slgpyapqbyhup1660ccc2d803ee4.jpg

The women condemned the kidnapping of the young girls and urged the DCI to investigate the matter. [Edward Kiplimo, Standard]

Mothers in Eastleigh are up in arms. They feel unsafe and so do their daughters.

On Friday, a group of women held a meeting in Nairobi’s South C estate over the increasing cases of abduction and the apparent delay by security officers to follow up on the cases.

The women revealed that in the past one week, four of their daughters have gone missing.

“It is a tough time being a mother in Eastleigh. The last seven days have been terrible. We have lost two daughters. It has become routine for our young girls to mysteriously disappear,” said Shidiye Shaknoor.

“I cannot sleep or eat. My daughter, Hasfa Abdi Ahmed, 21, called me last Saturday, informing me she was headed to my shop in Eastleigh to bring me some clothes, but she never returned. That was the last communication we had.”  

lupucnu8globszsxqdc60ccbf41682e6.jpg

Her daughter had just arrived from Bura in Tana River, where her family has a farm. Her mother was looking forward to spending time with her. 

Something was wrong

Shaknoor said that days later, she received disturbing news. Her daughter’s jacket, which had bloodstains, as well as her headgear and shoes, had been recovered.

She knew something was wrong. And then, she received calls from unknown people, who claimed they had her daughter and were demanding Sh5 million as ransom. She was shattered. 

The women demanded action for their safe return at Razana Hotel in South C on June 18, 2021.[Edward Kiplimo, Standard]

“We do not know what to do. Some people have been tormenting us with calls that they have killed my daughter. We have been to Kayole Police Station, hoping she has been found, but so far, nothing.

“We have gone to almost all mortuaries in the city, but no luck. This torment is too much. I just want my daughter back,” said Shaknoor.

A photo of a girl, blindfolded, with a bloody face and pleading for help emerged online, revealing how grim the situation is. 

The women are asking the relevant authorities to intervene. “Today, I have received reports  that two girls have disappeared.

“We do not have much details, but we are following up. This is becoming a nightmare,” said  Fatuma Mohamed, an equal rights activist based in South C estate.

According to Fatuma, another girl, a Class 7 pupil in a private school in California, Eastleigh went missing under mysterious circumstances.

The mothers revealed four of their daughters have gone missing in the past week. [Edward Kiplimo, Standard]

Reports indicated that the girl identified as Hiba Mohamed, disappeared after leaving her home in Eastleigh and was last seen in her school uniform and a maroon veil.

“In the last 24 hours, two girls have gone missing. Why are we being targeted? Where are the leaders, who are supposed to our voice? Do you want to tell me DCI cannot track down these criminals?,” posed Fatuma. 

“None of our leaders has spoken about this issue. It is worrying. We are not safe. Our leaders must address this issue before it gets worse,” Fatuma added.  Two girls disappeared on June 17, and the matter was reported at California Police Station.

In Kayole, one of the mothers, who had gone to check after being informed that the girls were being held there, was heartbroken, when she was informed the girls had not been rescued.   

Kayole OCPD, Paul Wambugu, said he had not received any information about the abductions.

“I do not have any information on the cases you are telling me about. Nobody has made such report to me,” said Wambugu.

In support of the Eastleigh mothers, a group of Somali community leaders drawn from Mombasa yesterday held protests to condemn the kidnapping and killings of young girls.

They claimed that the cases were also becoming common in Mombasa. 

Somali community chair in Mombasa, Abdulrahaman Karim, said the girls do not want to go to school for fear of being kidnapped. 

The Standard

Kenyan Somalis worried over kidnappings, murder

The rate at which Kenyan-Somali girls and children are being kidnapped, abused or murdered if ransom is not paid, is alarming residents in the Kenyan capital on Thursday.

Kenyan-Somali’s are living in fear in the capital after cases recorded by police revealed that criminals were out to kidnap girls and children and then ask their families for money.

Videos have surfaced online showing victims being tortured, abused and barely alive. They are forced to send a video message to loved ones asking for huge sums of money and failure to do so results in the victims being not released.

The latest is of Hamsa Abdulwahab, 23, who was kidnapped in Nairobi. A video was soon released showing her with serious injuries and her asking her family to give kidnappers what they want.

Family member Omar Iso said his cousin was “kidnapped while she had left her business premises. The kidnappers have called us constantly asking for ransom and sharing videos of our tortured relative. We need help.”

The news has been trending on social media across the east African country.

In the Eastleigh and South C areas of Nairobi where ethnic Kenyan Somalis live as a majority, there is panic and fear.

“I will never walk alone without protection from friends,” Halima Yassir told Anadolu Agency. “People are now scared of walking out there, especially for us Kenyan-Somalis. The kidnappers think we have money but we have nothing,”

The Kenya Council of Imams and Preachers of Kenya (CIPK) said in a statement that the number of kidnappings and deaths have raised serious security concerns among Kenyans and the group asked Kenyans, in collaboration with the security apparatus, to stop the sad trend of missing, murdered children, girls and individuals.

Sheikh Abubakar Bini expressed concerns about the kidnappings, especially of young children and juveniles younger than 18 years old, females of wealthy families and businessmen, among others.

“We strongly condemn the constant attacks on children and abductions of girls and individuals across the country. This is a gross violation of children’s rights and a horrific experience for young girls and individuals to go through,” he said in a statement.

TRT World

On 6/17/2021 at 11:50 AM, Che -Guevara said:

MMA, 

Can you tell us what's going on?

I talked to the family and friends. Waala yaabanyahay. Few demanded ransom, especially one girl whose family in Islii paid it, yet her body was found dead later. 

Also tuugadii kale ayaa aad u soo batay and they carry tasers, if not handguns. They will taser you if you don't easily hand out your values

19 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

I talked to the family and friends. Waala yaabanyahay. Few demanded ransom, especially one girl whose family in Islii paid it, yet her body was found dead later. 

Also tuugadii kale ayaa aad u soo batay and they carry tasers, if not handguns. They will taser you if you don't easily hand out your values

Do the kidnappers include Somalis?

Wararka suuqa waxee leeyihiin Soomaalida ayaa u fududeeyey qaar ka mid afduubista.

Good news, gabadhii baryahaan muuqaalkeeda la waday, wey dhimatayna la lahaa waala soo badbaadiyey. 

Booliiska dalka Kenya oo gacanta ku dhigay nin ku eedeysan afduubka gabdhaha Soomaalida, soona badbaadiyay Xafsa Maxamed

2021620637597898760060832.jpg

Iyadoo maalmahii lasoo dhaafay magaalada Nairobi ee dalka Kenya lagu afduubanayay gabdhaha Soomaaliyeed ee ku nool dalkaasi ayaa maanta booliiska dalkaasi Kenya waxay sheegeen iney gacanta kuso dhigeen mid ka mid ah kooxaha wax afduubaneysay.

Booliiska dalka Kenya ayaa sidoo kale shaaciyay in maanta lasoo helay Xafsa Maxamed Luqmaan oo todobaadkan dhexdiisa la afduubtay, waxaana laga soo helay xaafada lagu magacaabo Kayole.

Ninka eedeysanaha ee Booliiska Kenya gacanta ku hayaan ayaa la sheegay inuu ka mid ahaa burcada afduubatay Xafsa Maxamed Luqmaan.

Booliiska Kenya ayaa sheegeen iney su'aalo weydiin ku socoto eedeysanaha aay gacanta kusoo dhigeen, islamarkaana aay ku raad joogaan ragii kale ee kula jiray howlaha afduubka ee lagu beegsanaayay gabadhaha Soomaalida.

Kooxda burcada ayaa Xafsa Luqmaan ka afduubatay dukaankeeda ganacsi waxayna dalbadeen lacag dhan shan Milyan oo lacagta Kenya ah oo madax furasho ah.

Arinta naxdinta badan dhalisay waxay aheyd markii kooxda burcada ah Xafsa kasoo duubeen muqaalo cabsi badan oo muujinayay dhaawacyo dhanka wajigeeda ah iyo iyadoo baryeysa qoyskeeda si aay nafteeda u badbaadiyaan iney dhiibaan lacagta aay dalbanayeen kooxda afduubatay.

Ugu dambeyntii xaalada afduubka ee lagu beegsanaayo gabdhaha Soomaaliyeed ee ku nool dalka Kenya, waxay argagax xoogan ku abuurtay Soomaalida ku dhaqan dalkaasi.

Xigasho

On 6/20/2021 at 2:34 PM, Che -Guevara said:

Do the kidnappers include Somalis?

Here is your jawaab:

Two suspects behind Hafsa Lukman’s kidnap arrested

tqbor1jgfmnejeh60d81d8fdb6db.jpg

Hafsa Abdi and Jackson Njogu were arrested at a hotel in Kinangop. [Courtesy]

Criminal investigators have arrested the two main suspects behind the kidnap and torture of Hafsa Mohamed Lukman.

The 23-year-old Eastleigh businesswoman went missing on Tuesday, June 15, 2021, and rescued by police in Kayole five days later.

Jackson Njogu, 24 and Hafsa Abdi, 21, were arrested at Crystal View Lodge in the chilly Kinangop area where they spent the night.

“This morning was not their lucky day though. They were smoked out of room number 8 at Crystal view lodge,” detectives said.

Criminal investigators have arrested the two main suspects behind the kidnap and torture of Hafsa Mohamed Lukman.

The 23-year-old Eastleigh businesswoman went missing on Tuesday, June 15, 2021, and rescued by police in Kayole five days later.

Jackson Njogu, 24 and Hafsa Abdi, 21, were arrested at Crystal View Lodge in the chilly Kinangop area where they spent the night.

“This morning was not their lucky day though. They were smoked out of room number 8 at Crystal view lodge,” detectives said.

Police say the two lovers, who masterminded the kidnap of Hafsa Mohamed from her shop, allegedly managed to siphon a total of Sh650,000 ($6500) from the victim’s bank accounts while she was in captivity.

“After committing the crime, they (Jackson Njogu and Hafsa Abdi) escaped to Kinangop and purchased a bar, where they were operating from,” a tweet by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations read.

The sleuths also revealed that the duo was caught today, at the crack of dawn, by undercover teams from the Crime Research and Intelligence Bureau, backed up by their Special Service Unit counterparts.

Hafsa Mohamed, who lives at California Estate in Nairobi, was found by detectives in a dingy room in Matopeni, Kayole, where she had been forced to stay inside an empty water tank.

Before her disappearance, surveillance camera recordings at her shop showed she entered the store at 4:44pm on Tuesday, June 15 in the company of another woman identified as Hafsa Abdulwahab.

She was later rescued by police officers in a good state although she had been tortured. One of her fingers had also been cut.

The two kidnappers had demanded a ransom of Sh5million to set Hafsa Mohamed free.

However, when the ransom was not paid and the alleged suspects opted to flee.

The two suspects will be arraigned on Monday.

WWW.STANDARDMEDIA.CO.KE

Jackson Njogu, 24 and Hafsa Abdi, 21, were arrested at Crystal view lodge in the chilly Kinangop area where they spent...