Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

class warfare and novels.

Polanyi   

ASWRB.

Utopian laissez-faire economists want to regulate and bring all spheres of life into the so called " free market". In Somalia, the opposite is the case. A broke man can find a xalimo to marry. The reason: social interactions and exchanges are regulated by societal mechanisms such as; religon, clan and national culture. We don't need the World Food Program, they just made us think that.An elder of zion once told me that, back in the dayz, before a young Nas dropped the legendary illmatic and the wutang clan was chasing after shecamels, Somalis used to trade in sheep. Burco was the Wall Street(btw,a racist building) of Somalis.Apparently we had no currency. Money is the root of evil. If Somalis still traded in sheep, we wouldn't be such fools. Dahabshill is having the last laugh.

Now, getting back to the original topic:

class warfare and novels.

Have you ever wondered why most poor folks do not read novels? They don't read novels because the controllers of the economic market do not bother with advertising to them. Instead, they attack them with advevertising for junk food, ipods, iphone, blackberry,pop idol and football matches.

However, if you graudate or find a nice job( read working in a box office with no proper heating, so the tax man can take half and dahabshill 25), the novel companies and the economic liberals will carry out class warfare against your assets, i mean the "doh" in your bank( created by the knights templars).

After enslaving you from 9am-6 pm, the economists identify you as a prime target for further enslavement . You become a product of "free time syndrome". This means that you are forever in need of things to "pass time" by.

This is where novels come into play. Most Somalis are oral people. But the increase of somali gradutes and argumentative middle income xalimos means Somalis are now prime targets for novel dagal. Some Somalis are spending hundreds of pounds on novels each year- because they feel as if it is their "right".

Now you are part of "it". IT, meaning you take an annual holiday each year; you read novels on the train; you think you are too good for brimark; you spend excessive money on making greek centers of shaytan( gyms). Abti: you have been had. they've been jacking your money and you are too ****** to realise it.

boycott novels; read quran.

boycott gyms; go walking.

boycott holidays; find a second wife.

boycott mohicans(another economic exchange mechanism used by liberals); grow a beard( not the david beckham one).

RRA.Refugee Resistance Army.

good weekend( another economic scheme).

Lychee   

Spending time reading the Qur’an and contemplating on its meaning is a noble and beneficial act,indisputably. But I see nothing wrong in reading novels or other books that are not based on religion sometimes. It only increases your understanding. We are told to strive for this world and the hereafter. You can't be 100% deen hadh iyo habeen.

Maaddeey   

Lychee walaal, haddaad Novel akhrineysid kuweenna akhri: Ibraahin Hawd, C/lahi Cawad Cige, Barwaaqo IWM, lakin fiiri waxa The kite runner kugu sameeysay? inaad ka fekerto saxib kugu daawaday adigoo... dabeecadda Somalida kuma jirto taa, miyaaney kula ahayn?

Lychee   

Kow. :rolleyes:

Maxaad mukurka dhamayseen. Adinkuba inta kombuyuutarka dul fadhideen orad Qur'aanka akhrista.

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

Have you ever wondered why most poor folks do not read novels? [They]... do not bother with advertising to them. Instead, they attack them with advevertising for junk food, ipods, iphone, blackberry,pop idol and football matches.

I didn't get your point. Is reading novels good or bad?

Also, I think you're making a gross generalization. Plenty of poor people do read novels. That's why there are libraries.

I do agree with you though that people are increasingly encouraged to "pass time" in the most ridiculous ways. Thinking is underrated, silence is awkward and unwanted (and sometimes closely related to boredom). And that's why you are expected to fill the silence with music (=noise).

The other day I was thinking how where God is, there is probably no sound as we know it. I don't know how haram this type of thinking is/was, but all sound comes from objects in this world for example hitting your key board, laughing, flipping a page etc. All these things exist only here, so elsewhere there must be pure silence. But not the silence we know, I'd assume.

I love novels but what I really can't stand are the free newspapers they hand out each morning and afternoon. You listen to music so you won't hear the real world and the people around you, and you read trash which you won't be able to remember the following day, just to kill time. Time, which is precious.

P.S. Walking won't tone your muscles. ;)

And marrying another human being with their hopes and dreams and expectations of you, is not a holiday. In fact, with that kind of naive and selfish thinking, it isn't recommended to take a second wife at all - because obviously you would be incapable of treating them equally.

And FYI mohicans are pretty cool. Impossible with Somali hair, but still no reason to hate on 'em! smile.gif

Napoleon   

boycott novels; read quran.

The quran is a novel too, some say fiction, others non-fiction, it is nonetheless a novel.

boycott gyms; go walking.

walking alone is not sufficient exercise.

boycott holidays; find a second wife.

holidays are for vacation and enjoying ones self, wives are a headache. your solution defeats the purpose of going on holiday.

boycott mohicans(another economic exchange mechanism used by liberals);

Mohicans? the only mohicans i know are some native american tribe. ironically, I've always wanted to read the novel 'the last mohican'. I'll read it on the train, the next chance I get.

grow a beard( not the david beckham one).

I prefer a goatee.

Originally posted by 2+2=5:

I love novels but what I really can't stand are the free newspapers they hand out each morning and afternoon.

Those free newspapers kill me. The paranoid-schizo in me thinks there is something very strange about ppl spending the precious little time they have in the morning all reading the same trash. Plus I think most ppl pick them up just to have something to look at (so they don't have to spend time avoiding eye contact with other ppl on the train/bus!)

Have you ever wondered why most poor folks do not read novels? They don't read novels because the controllers of the economic market do not bother with advertising to them. Instead, they attack them with advevertising for junk food, ipods, iphone, blackberry,pop idol and football matches.

very sad but true...

Grasshopper, I agree with you. I'm a little more paranoid than you though, in a sense that I am convinced Metro is on a mission to make people believe in aliens and ghosts. :D

iPhone ads aimed at poor people?

chubacka   

^ has this become a new good books thread?

Karl B what would you have ppl spend their money on?

btw forget holidays get a 2nd wife?! :eek:

Not sure how the two are related.

Polanyi   

Originally posted by chubacka:

^ has this become a new good books thread?

Karl B what would you have ppl spend their money on?

one can spend their money and time on reading encyclopedias, getting in touch with their african melanin and islamic past. you can also rent videos about great african heroes such as hannibal, mansa musa, malcolm x, fredrick henderson, assata shakur, immortal technique and many others. to be an african cyber revolutionary one must be contented and educated about thyself. for example, did you know black people invented baldness? if you don't know, now ya now, said biggy. lack of appreciation of thyself leads to self hatred which can manifest itself in genocidal forms of rape such as skin whitening( invented by arabs). male ballet, darts, mud wrestling and football are also better options. i also heard computers and electricity are bida from someone.