Sign in to follow this  
khadar01

If You Love Somali Music ..........

shidaye   

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: «ليكونن من أمتي أقوام يستحلّون الحرّ والحرير والخمر والمعازف».

صدق رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم

if you don't know Arabic I will try to translate what prophet Mohammed PUH said

There will be a people who will said it's acceptable to drink Alcohol, silk, and Music.

:(

To view the arabic text ( right click, encoding, more, Arabic windows )

Coloow   

Finally a good topic to discuss. I am an addict of somali music. May I add the following :

Sharif axmed shariif: "Gabartaan jeclaaye miyaad ii gargaari, gabal dhac iyo waaberi guriga aad ku nooshahay salaanteeyda geeya, miyaad i gaclootay". Actually this Fanaan only sung this song which has been popularised by Buunis.

My favourite: Cumar Nuur cabdulle: jamaadeey.

I agree with Baashi, I can't help listning to Mooge!

Aweeys khamiis mabuute is another underrated musician !

Originally posted by waayeel:

[...The beeni raad ma leh of Salaad darbi...

Beeni raad ma leh haa haha ha...beeni raad ma leh...

I Luv that song too. I had the opportunity of seeing Faadumo Qaasim performing live recently and I've to say I have fallen in love with her songs and wit her too. She was so down to earth, approachable, bubbly and just so bloody nice all around...we had a lil chat and she gave me a huge hug. Not at all like some of the other fanaaniin I've seen + the lady has a killer voice too. And she's so cute. I just luv her. Have I said that already? :D

Nothing better than our music I've got to say.

Blessed   

I love Cumar Dhuule, The Mooge's, Saado Cali and Khadra Daahir, and Luul Jeylaani for her classic soulful tunes. But honestlt, I think most distiguished Somali artist are hectic, you can't really say one is better then all the rest.

Right now am feeling Cumar Dhuules "Haasaawe"

agtaaeyda markaad timaadee,

ee aad ila hadal tidhaahdee

hasaawaha ii bilowdo

halkii bugtey baa bogsoonta

_is there a sweet individual out there who can post the lyrics to this song for me .. pleeeeease, I would really apprciate it ;)smile.gif

i seen salaad darbi perform once in a wedding and seriously he sucked , he sings more of a "calacal songs " but i like magool..

i love maryan mursal the lady has a talent in writing and singing.

saado cali comes next with her melodic voice..seriously that lady is incredible talented , u can feel the emotion in her voice whe she sings

i also love the some of the classic songs by (forgot his name) .his songs include "baladweyne" it goes like this baladweyne allahayow ka dig meel barwaaqeed, berlula ala hayow.

i love lafoole(ruun) nimco jaamac(dareen)

kaskey(wagareey adunyada)

maandeeq (neyruus)

durdur(keene gardaran)

and this song but i dont the singer,it goes like this ooba hiloowlow ooba hiloowlo boga iyo beerkaa iduleelo,ani imaroona,ani imaroona,jaceel ani iima roona...