Sign in to follow this  
B

HELP.... London People

B   

I have been caught with a freedom pass, which i found about a month ago. I didnt use it at first but because i was running out of money - I started to use it. Today, there were inspectors at the station and I was caught with the card. they said I will have a court hearing and that there is a 'possibility i will be prosecuated for 'fare evasion'. I am really worried because this could result in a criminal conviction which will stay on my record and that would mean I will not be able to apply for jobs or and have visas refused when travelling abroad. I am really worried about my future and what this could mean.

These people are so petty and I heard they have a zero tolarance on fare evasion. I think there is a high possibility i will be convicted.

Please help. I really need your advice.

Thanks!

Maaddeey   

I think if u don't have any previous criminal record, they'd just give u a caution or ask u to pay a fine, Ilaahey ha kaa badbaadiyo.

Miriam1   

Get Laywered up NOW !!!

I am guessing if your using a freedom-pass (how does that work?) you probably need legal aid - get some free legal advise asap.

B   

Maaddeey,

I have no prior convictions. I have always held the law in high regard despite being very skeptical of some of the law. They stopped three people and were all black or by definition. black in this context being a unifying term for all non-whites.

hayam,

A freedom pass is for the elderly (65+) or the disabled. It work on all london transport- i thought i was being smart but it could cost me deardly in the end. I called the person it belong to, i found their details on line, left a voice message but they never got back. the inspector used the argument that i should have returned to a office of london transport but how could i when i am broke. it was too tempting.

Maaddeey   

B, the fact that u contacted him/her and u being broke with no prior convictions will help u Insha Allah, good luck sxb, nala soo socodsii how it ends.

What bad luck (and how funny, being caught with a Freedon Pass! Ha ha ha).

Best you can do now is play poor and remorseful. If it gets to court, readily admit to it and apologise profusely, perhaps you'll be let off without a criminal record. But there's no telling. London Transport is a b!tch.

B   

I think there is an option to settle out of court. this is £150+. I will choose this option. i couldnt bear if i got a criminal conviction. all those years of education and a criminal records. whats the point.

are there are any lawyers on somaliaonline. please help.

u are dooomed, they will fine u 500 quids and get a two persons in prison for stealing a Freedom from an old lady.

P.S is nothing , hope they forget your case and never take it to caugt, or u can ignore the cour order and never attend.

But best option is to please guilty and accept the fine, end of. Even if convicted is not the sort of crime that will go on your record unless u are charged with theft and defaruading TFL.

Castro   

Originally posted by Valenteenah.:

What bad luck (and how funny, being caught with a Freedon Pass! Ha ha ha).

Bad luck? lol. What does luck have to do with this, atheer?

Polanyi   

walal, go on the run and stay underground in different london mosques.

ps. just pay the fine and act like a good lad. i got fined last time, but 20 pound on the spot and that was the end of that. of course i didn't have a granny pass.lol.

Castro   

Originally posted by Maaddeey:

^waa la qabtay nooh
:D

So if he wasn't caught, it's OK? I say deport his behind. He probably has a false asylum claim too coming from the Netherlands. lol.

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

walal, go on the run and stay underground in different london mosques.

ps. just pay the fine and act like a good lad. i got fined last time, but 20 pound on the spot and that was the end of that. of course i didn't have a granny pass.lol.

loooooool

B   

guys,

I feel terrible already, please cut out the jokes. i have spent the best part of the day feeling really really bad - that I could allow this to happen, it was a momentary slip. worst of all was asking people for monies to take the long bus journey home.

If the law is similar to the one here, you'd probably get slap in the wrist and pay court fees and fines. Depending on how the judge is feeling that day, he might throw in few hrs of community service. I wouldn't worry too much about it. These kinds of charges rarely show up in background checks. I know a guy with a multiple felony charges working for the state government.